Robert Foster pays it forward to a young fan!

The Poojer

47 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That really is a great story, Foster isnt exactly rolling in dough so that means a lot.

Such a great story I wont even bring up Sky Diver.

I mean, the guy does make like $250k per year.  That's quite a bit of money.  Yeah, it's not mult-millions, but come on, the guy can afford to buy a pair of shoes for a fan without it affecting him one bit.  It's not like he's a single mom making $30k or anything.

Awesome gesture though, but let's not get crazy on how much of a personal sacrifice he made.  He was being super nice, that's about it.

Edited by Mark80

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I mean, the guy does make like $250k per year.  That's quite a bit of money.  Yeah, it's not mult-millions, but come on, the guy can afford to buy a pair of shoes for a fan without it affecting him one bit.  It's not like he's a single mom making $30k or anything.

Awesome gesture though, but let's not get crazy on how much of a personal sacrifice he made.  He was being super nice, that's about it.

I don’t understand how this becomes a ‘no big deal’ thing. It’s speaks volumes to his class and commitment to community. 

18 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t understand how this becomes a ‘no big deal’ thing. It’s speaks volumes to his class and commitment to community. 

Did you read the last paragraph?  Never said it wasn't awesome, just calling out people saying that he doesn't make that much money.  He makes more than 95% of the households in this country.

28 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I see your point Mark, but want to offer a bit of a counter....

I think Robert lives the "To whom much is given, much is expected" model.  I also like the fact that an early 20's young man has enough awareness of what's going on around him and a kind enough heart to pay it forward.  In my early 20's, I was too dumb and arrogant to do something like this.  I probably had the means but not the mindset.  Its a small gesture but one this kid and his family will never forget and they will probably pay it forward some way as well.

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I see your point Mark, but want to offer a bit of a counter....

I think Robert lives the "To whom much is given, much is expected" model.  I also like the fact that an early 20's young man has enough awareness of what's going on around him and a kind enough heart to pay it forward.  In my early 20's, I was too dumb and arrogant to do something like this.  I probably had the means but not the mindset.  Its a small gesture but one this kid and his family will never forget and they will probably pay it forward some way as well.

Agree, my post was ONLY about the money aspect of it.  Was not attempting to put down the awesome gesture in any way.  Was just saying that he can easily afford it when some were saying it was an awesome gesture especially considering his level of pay.

Edited by Mark80

9 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Did you read the last paragraph?  Never said it wasn't awesome, just calling out people saying that he doesn't make that much money.  He makes more than 95% of the households in this country.

Yes, I did. Just seemed as though the meat of your post was the fact that his gesture wasn’t a big deal. Apologies if I took it incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This is so awesome and the perfect contrast to the thread on Hunt.  The NFL has so many good stories that go untold or undertold and the bad stories get way to much pub.

Makes me respect the guy all the more! 

Pay it forward ?

• Like (+1) 7