Anthony Barr next year as our SLB?

wppete

Would love to see McBean go after Anthony Barr next year in Free Agency. Start him at SLB and move Lorenzo to DE. We have over $90 million to spend next year. 

Can you imagine Anthony Barr Next to Tremaine Edmunds? 

Tremaine Edmunds - 6’5 250

Anthony Barr - 6’5 255

Concentrate on offense and CB in the draft. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

This is kind of what happened when the Mack trade came up. There are things we need and it’s a salary cap league. Barr is really good and he would be great to have. (Just like Mack would have been) But we are in great shape at LB. We need to try and get better at almost every other position. Use the money to get better at WR, TE, OL, etc. We are in good shape at LB. Use that money elsewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

He did not have a good day against the Bills.....but he is a good player.  It is a position of need.

He had a horrible game against the Bills. But he is still one of the top LBs in the league and perfect fit for our 4-3 scheme in a position of need. I really hope it happens.

Please no.  He’s been taken advantage of all year.  He’s going to get way overpaid.  Hopefully we aren’t the suckers to overpay a situational player.  SLB becoming like a fullback. I’d rather keep Lorax.  He’s been better than Barr and for a fraction of the price.  

• Like (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is kind of what happened when the Mack trade came up. There are things we need and it’s a salary cap league. Barr is really good and he would be great to have. (Just like Mack would have been) But we are in great shape at LB. We need to try and get better at almost every other position. Use the money to get better at WR, TE, OL, etc. We are in good shape at LB. Use that money elsewhere.

I don't think Barr will cost $90M.  Plenty of money left after to go after WR and OLine.  If you can get another LB of quality, do it.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Hell yeah!! Look at how Fournette pounded us. I'm glad he got ejected because if he didn't we would have lost!! With Anthony Barr we would not get violated like that again. Milano and Edmunds can be the cover guys, Anthony Barr takes care of the bigger backs.

You think Anthony Barr would’ve made the difference in stopping the jags on Sunday??  I think you’re mistaken.  No offense 

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

I don't think Barr will cost $90M.  Plenty of money left after to go after WR and OLine.  If you can get another LB of quality, do it.

If Barr costs $90 million a year then he would be the highest paid player in the NFL by a multiple of at least 3.5

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

I don't think Barr will cost $90M.  Plenty of money left after to go after WR and OLine.  If you can get another LB that can run like a CB, do it.

He won’t cost 90 mill but he’ll cost more than he’s worth.  This would be a massive mistake imo. Save that money for Milano. In two years.  

I wouldn't think it would be wise to shell out big money for a LB which he will command when our OL is in shambles and our WR core is mediocre, just my opinion though and barr is a decent LB but also a liability in pass coverage, I don't think a 2 down LB is worth what Barr is about to be paid in a passing league unless he's strictly a pass rusher.

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

That money is going to go faster then people realize. We are also going to eventually have to pay some of our own guys. I have no interest in paying a SLB which in today’s game is barely a starter and literally the least important player on a defense. Teams run nickle almost every down. It’s just not a smart idea.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Milano and Edmunds got abused. Obviously Edmunds will grow into his body, but he got owned. I do think a bruiser like Barr could cause concern for Fournette.

Like you said, he’s going to grow.  He’s going to get better.  He’d be playing less than half the snaps.  He wouldn’t play nickel.  Alexander is a bruiser.  A way more forceful bruiser than Barr and it’s not even really close.  Do you want him because he’s a bruiser?  Or because he’s fast?  His best traits is rushing the passer and his speed, while he’s not very good in coverage.   

I guess I just don’t understand why we’re talking about signing one of the top free agents.......at SLB.  A position that is used less and less.  How many of those Fournette runs did we play a nickel?  Anyone have stats on that?  We play nickel more than any packages that would include Barr.  Overpay for OL.  Not SLB

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Like you said, he’s going to grow.  He’s going to get better.  He’d be playing less than half the snaps.  He wouldn’t play nickel.  Alexander is a bruiser.  A way more forceful bruiser than Barr and it’s not even really close.  Do you want him because he’s a bruiser?  Or because he’s fast?  His best traits is rushing the passer and his speed, while he’s not very good in coverage.   

I guess I just don’t understand why we’re talking about signing one of the top free agents.......at SLB.  A position that is used less and less.  How many of those Fournette runs did we play a nickel?  Anyone have stats on that?  We play nickel more than any packages that would include Barr.  Overpay for OL.  Not SLB

I want Lorax + Anthony Barr. In addition to, not one or the other. Having more than one bruiser is a good idea against teams like Jacksonville, teams who rely heavily on the run. 

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Way too many posts from people wanting/ thinking the team needs all pro's across the board.  You can't afford that.  Two very good LB's which the Bills seem to have can make the third guy look much better  Just like 2 good lineman will make the weakest look like he should be in the Pro Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1