I am worried about Kiko

Hellcamino

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-a-lot-of-progress-this-year

about 4 minutes in

He mostly gave props to Shady (for getting him out of there) and to the OL for "step(ing) up and hav(ing) my back"

Said he wants to play with guys like that.

About Kiko, said it was "sad to see him leave" (said seriously, but ???)

Kiko was a great lead blocker for him in the first game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

about 4 minutes in

He mostly gave props to Shady (for getting him out of there) and to the OL for "step(ing) up and hav(ing) my back"

I bet it was!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

About Kiko, [Josh] said it was "sad to see him leave" (said seriously, but ???)

Yeah, Josh was hoping to torch him a couple more times.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So he did, which the Browns responded to by taking out EJ's knee on the sideline

I saw that as EJ just being a fool as refusing to slide when it was obvious he should have.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I know it won't be popular here, but ... looking at the slow motion, I'm not seeing any thing egregious about Kiko's hit. Yes, under current rules interpretations it will be flagged. While it's off screen, it appears that he started toward hitting Allen before Allen had clearly gone into a slide. Then he kind of alters his trajectory once it's clear Allen is sliding so that it's just a glancing blow. I'm not so sure what everyone is so agitated about. I imagine it has more to do with Kiko's history than with an objective look at this particular play.

He does have a tendency to take cheap shots, but he ain't Burfict level, if only because Kiko himself tends to shy away from the direct high impact collisions that Burfict specialized in (and that will no doubt result in long term damage to Burfict himself)

The rules state you should not lead with the helmet. That is the newest rule and its obvious he was leading helmet first there.

Secondly, if you watch closely his own teammate grabs JA headgear/facemask and moved it out of the way, or so did it appear that way.

Also if you look at the replay you could see his own teammate made that Kiko did that and to add it all up he already said a day or too before the game he may do so and if he gets flagged for it, "oh well"

it was darn near exact torpedo hit attempt that has gotten him in trouble in the past.

I feel that he should be suspended a game or too over this.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I saw that as EJ just being a fool as refusing to slide when it was obvious he should have.

It was both. EJ should have slid, but the hit they laid on him was cheap.

48 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Actually EJ was at the sideline and should have stepped out a yard or two earlier than he did. He already had the first down so no reason to take the hit. This link has both plays. Second video. First one has Kiko at his best. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255233/article/what-we-learned-thursday-ej-manuels-injury-was-key

44 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It was both. EJ should have slid, but the hit they laid on him was cheap.

Men on D spend many years out there waiting for a gift like that to take out an opponent with cause....

High irony with so many cheering on this board for Brady to get taken out with a total cheap shot....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Men on D spend many years out there waiting for a gift like that to take out an opponent with cause....

High irony with so many cheering on this board for Brady to get taken out with a total cheap shot....

I despise Brady but I'd never advocate taking a cheap shot at him. I do, however, enjoy watching him get leveled cleanly.

I wouldn't shed a tear if someone took a cheap shot at Kiko, Gronk, Burfict, or any other cheap shot artist. 

After Burfict is there a dirtier player than Kiko in the league right now? Gronk's was terrible but still a first time offense. I was hoping Kiko would be on his way out from the AFCE but apparently he's had his best season for the Dolphins last year.

55 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

After Burfict is there a dirtier player than Kiko in the league right now? Gronk's was terrible but still a first time offense. I was hoping Kiko would be on his way out from the AFCE but apparently he's had his best season for the Dolphins last year.

CBS had a nice kiko montage 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

about 4 minutes in

The sad to see him leave comment was about Mills getting ejected, not Kiko.

5 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I watched him play at the University of Oregon, he was the same guy back then, he was suspended indefinitely for burglary and played like a douche on the field.

the 'burglary" wasn't actually stealing anything if I recall, it was getting too drunk to know which direction was up, entering someone's house and sleeping in one of their beds.  if that makes him a permanent scumbag what do you think of Jim Bob Cooter?

I think Kiko got dirtier after he left here.  Maybe he's juicing.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Kiko got dirtier after he left here.  Maybe he's juicing.

I think the cumulative effect of all the head injuries he's had combined with frustration at the physical toll of his knee issues is just driving this feeling of hostility. It's been clear to me for a while that he's nowhere near the fluid athlete he once was.

Jeetz is spot on that Kiko's always had this in him, even as a young man. A lack of impulse control has always been his downfall. For his own sake, I hope this acts as the signal that he needs to retire before either his health or the league retires him.

15 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Burfict is so out there they let him walk off with the ball and parade around for 5 minutes in the late stages of a close playoff game, waiting to see just WTF was going to happen.

that game was the closest I've seen to a major eruption of crowd riot in North America for my 45 years of watching.

still a long ways off from real tragedy...

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

I think the cumulative effect of all the head injuries he's had combined with frustration at the physical toll of his knee issues is just driving this feeling of hostility. It's been clear to me for a while that he's nowhere near the fluid athlete he once was.

Jeetz is spot on that Kiko's always had this in him, even as a young man. A lack of impulse control has always been his downfall. For his own sake, I hope this acts as the signal that he needs to retire before either his health or the league retires him.

it's why i cringe every time Allen takes off with the ball, anything like this can end his career in a second.