Another starting lineup shuffle = playin around with the recipe and keeping what tastes good

Let the experiment continue 

Not the vet with experience in Duccasse getting another shot. It's the younger, less experienced guy.

And I bet Sirles plays.

Why not?

The beauty here is that so many outside "experts" might perceive this as "tanking" or at least, "aw hell, we aren't going anywhere, anyway, let's just play around a bit."

I think it's more the way a good cook in a family experiments with a family.

Play around with the recipe, but when the family REALLY likes something specific, they note that and stick with at least that, while maybe continuing to tweak other ingredients.

Teller seems like a great ingredient, so notice he hasn't left the field.

Foster now seems like a great ingredient after seeming spoiled at the start of the season, he sticks.

Taron Johnson's stuck.

Since Vontae Davis abandoned us, we're experimental with guys like Ryan Lewis and Phillip Gaines, and now it looked like Levi Wallace has stuck.

Punters aren't. Gotta play with that ingredient more. We just signed some guy named Darr.

Shaq Lawson has suddenly turned a corner, so he sticks.

Croom seems to be sticking. Same with Zay Jones.

Benjamin seems spoiled, and I worry if this is the 2nd coming of Peterman love... loyalty that equals blindness.

Regardless, I love the playing around with the roster. It's about making it better. And it's still about Wins, for this season and beyond.

5 games left in a season where we're barely clinging to mathematical playoff hope, but watching this young team and young Franchise QB develop is just so damn fun.

I think McDermott is going to have the right ingredients next year from the start :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 5

Should be trying everything they can on the offensive line. It isn't up to par yet. The times that Allen actually decided to stand in the pocket and make a throw he got clobbered. He scrambled so much because pressure got to him so quickly. And then obviously the run blocking is way below par.

Luckily we don't face another defensive front so talented for the remainder of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Should be trying everything they can on the offensive line. It isn't up to par yet. The times that Allen actually decided to stand in the pocket and make a throw he got clobbered. He scrambled so much because pressure got to him so quickly. And then obviously the run blocking is way below par.

Luckily we don't face another defensive front so talented for the remainder of the season.

Yep, the pressure was still there, but it was less and he was smarter.

1st game of his young career where he didn't get sacked once.

The thing I like is that McD appreciates a guy who works hard in practice and is willing to give him a shot to prove it in a game.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So ..... we dipping these guys in ranch or blue cheese?

Gug its Buffalo....it has to be blue cheese ;)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The thing I like is that McD appreciates a guy who works hard in practice and is willing to give him a shot to prove it in a game.

Gug its Buffalo....it has to be blue cheese ;)

Well ....... whilst patronizing the amazing Bar Bill Tavern with my friend, @CountryCletus, I watched him order RANCH with his wings.  I swear I heard the sound of a needle scratching across an album.   @BringBackFergy @Cripple Creek

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah he did, but there's been some grumblings to see what Sirles has. 

And today it's Sirles, not the more experienced Duccasse.

Yeah, I want to see what Sirles can do as well.  Just wondering if they made the move because Miller is hurt or they demoted him.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well ....... whilst patronizing the amazing Bar Bill Tavern with my friend, @CountryCletus, I watched him order RANCH with his wings.  I swear I heard the sound of a needle scratching across an album.   @BringBackFergy @Cripple Creek

Oh wow! You just outed Cletus. He may have to create a new identity as he may never live down that disgraceful decision. 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Oh wow! You just outed Cletus. He may have to create a new identity as he may never live down that disgraceful decision. 

Oh .... the night got worse for him .... trust me! (Fergy can chime in from here)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we could see 3 new starters on the line next year...starting at Bodine and working right.  I would guess they hit the FA pool of offensive lineman hard.

I don't see a lot of talent at WR next offseason in FA so I think the money goes to the line.  

Royale. Seeing Gug's posts about Cletus' Buffalo faux pas got me thinking.  We should arange a get together for all of the TBD Bills fans based in Atlanta.  We could meet up at the Duffs in Newnan, or some other Buffalo themed bar.  There seems to be quite a few of us down here.  Thoughts?

and yes, I agree, right side of the line should and will be over-hauled next season.

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Royale. Seeing Gug's posts about Cletus' Buffalo faux pas got me thinking.  We should arange a get together for all of the TBD Bills fans based in Atlanta.  We could meet up at the Duffs in Newnan, or some other Buffalo themed bar.  There seems to be quite a few of us down here.  Thoughts?

and yes, I agree, right side of the line should and will be over-hauled next season.

I'm down.  The Bills bars I know of are The Standard in Roswell, Tavern at Medlock in Norcross and Duff's in Newnan.  Is WhiteHall still the Bills?