2019 Mock Draft: Bills take OT Greg Little (Mississippi) at 9

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

If the first and last halves of the Bills schedule were flipped, they would have started out 6-2 or better, and then had to eke out 4-4 the rest of the way.  They might have had a chance, actually.  Green Bay is falling apart, and if Allen is playing well and is healthy they don't lose to Houston (no Peterman special pick six at the end of the game).  

So if they get hot and win most of the rest, it won't be that surprising.  The current talent level puts them around the middle of the league, so if they finish 7-9 or 8-8 it will be about right.

I could see this.  Having some easy opponents to start the season might have allowed some wins while Josh was earlier in his learning curve.  Not guaranteed though.  He's definitely growing into the role.  I don't think he's there yet however.  I'm excited for next year.

If we don't take a stud OT in the first round, for a change, or don't sign a top free agent OT, we deserve any and all criticism pointed our way.  Allen is making a fine impression but needs a lot of help.  He's constantly under duress and has already been injured.  We have a lot invested in him and now it's time to create something resembling a pocket for him.  If we don't, we may be quite unhappy with the price, in a developmental and/or in a physical sense.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interior o line is top priority... trade back and get a stud at guard and center. Then start looking for offensive weapons and speed maybe a corner.

Grab that in FA with guys that can play at a high level immediately.  Draft young WRs for Allen in the first 2 rounds.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Hope you're right.  The trend these days is for WRs to get pushed up the board higher than people think, 2017 draft being a great example, with 3 going in the top ten, despite predictions that the Bills would have their pick of WRs at 10.  

Right now the en vogue thing to say is that the top 10 will be all defense and Hebert.  But reality is that there are more than one WR that could gotQtop 10 like you just said.  Honestly Hebert may not even be the first QB off the board come draft time either.  Things will change a lot as combine and workouts happen. 

The good news though is that it’s a deep class at WR.  People tend to downgrade a class if there isn’t some Andrew Luck or Saquan barkley like prospect where someone is dubbed the next great player at that position as a lock.  

But this WR draft is deep and many potential first round guys.  And even if we go a different direction than WR in the first, there will be some talent at WR still on the board in 2nd for sure and even in later rounds.  I still prefer to go WR first and go after the kind of WR that screams #1 target.  Then look at OL in the 2nd or maybe double down and take another WR, TE or a DB opposite Tre if we say address OL in FA.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

I can't complain. since there aren't a lot of top WR's in this draft.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-nfl-mock-draft-2019-49ers-20181128-story.html

9. Buffalo (4-7) — Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss, Jr.

The Bills need to overhaul Josh Allen’s supporting cast on offense. Little has elite size (6-foot-6, 332 pounds) and athleticism. Top needs: WR, OL, CB

Haven't started to look yet, but if this guy's a good OT prospect, that would be a very reasonable way to go, IMHO.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is it a reach?  For example, some mocks have him going top 10 to the 20’s.  So that’s right in the range he’s expected to go.

Merclaf is another her guy to watch for.  I’ve seen a couple mocks that have us taking Metcalf top 10 around the 9th pick...heck I’ve seen Metcalf mocked as high as #2 pick (but I think there is no WR going top 5 with D and QB needy teams at top of draft).

Again, seems the mood around here is less than enthused about WR class for some reason, but it’s an excellent year for WRs IMO, and many experts share the same outlook.  It’s a deep class, so even if we don’t go WR round 1 there will still be some gems to be found next couple of rounds

I agree it is a deep class. I don't think there are top half of the first round guy there that I have seen. 

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

N'Keal Harry fits in where we'll probably end up drafting, right? And fills probably our biggest need on offense.

I don't know. If we are drafting top 12 then I am not sure there is a receiver who really belongs that high in this class. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Also in his mock, f*** that guy.

21. Oakland from Dallas (6-5) — Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky, Sr.

Here’s a Josh Allen I can support as a first-rounder. He would have been in the discussion had he left school a year early. Allen is one of five finalists for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which goes to college football’s best defensive player. He finished the regular season with 84 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss and 14 sacks. Top needs: Edge, WR, QB

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The Wrs in this upcoming draft just not good. None of these guys have the quick twitch or explosiveness u look for in a wr. There either big and slow types that Beane loves or there small and fast like Marquise Brown and he does'nt fit the Beane mold as a Wr. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-wide-receiver-class-looks-like-the-best-in-a-while/

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea I don't necessarily agree with Trapasso but I don't totally disagree with him either. My view remains this is a good, deep, group of wide receivers. But there is no standout #1 receiver, top 10 pick type. There is a sweet spot late 1st and early 2nd for them I think. Wouldn't shock me if you had say 7 or 8 receivers come off the board between the 20th pick of round 1 and the 20th pick of round 2.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And I certainly agree with that. There is nobody with Amari Cooper like ability in this class. There are some good players who have particular strengths and can come in and contribute in the National Football League - but there isn't anyone who jumps off the page as a top 10, top 15 pick. I haven't looked at Little really in any depth so far so I don't even have an indicative grade on him. But of the 15 guys I have given indicative 1st round grades only one plays on offense - Jonah Williams (and it is worth saying even with Williams I am not as high as some of the draft nicks out there).

Edited by GunnerBill

DK Metcalf is the best WR in this class IMO. Big, fast, strong, and most importantly... he catches with his hands, not his body. Tracks deep balls at an elite level (which is clearly something we should emphasize with our QB) and can make plays after the catch. If he's available when the Bills pick, assuming his combine stats are at least decent, I think he should be the guy. Just one guys opinion though! Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I certainly agree with that. There is nobody with Amari Cooper like ability in this class. There are some good players who have particular strengths and can come in and contribute in the National Football League - but there isn't anyone who jumps off the page as a top 10, top 15 pick. I haven't looked at Little really in any depth so far so I don't even have an indicative grade on him. But of the 15 guys I have given indicative 1st round grades only one plays on offense - Jonah Williams (and it is worth saying even with Williams I am not as high as some of the draft nicks out there).

I'm with you on all of this so far, though a couple guys from smaller schools can boost their stock a bit in the all-star games. I've got my top WR at #23 on my current board. 2 in the top 32, 6 from 33-64, 5 from 65-96. Day 2 is loaded with value at WR imo.

I've got Jonah Williams at 18 currently.

• Like (+1) 1