Forget Mahomes. The big miss was not hiring Frank Reich as head coach.

LTF

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

He is a former Buffalo Bill. If one is a former player, coach, resident, heck, even a criminal nephew of our HOF QB, Buffalo MUST have them all. The iron clad rule of some the fan base.

I can't hate on that statement Mofo, you're probably mostly correct, I am also a softie when it comes to our alumni from a certain era that shall remain nameless, only clue is my avatar :) 

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I suspect they were able to join so quickly because the shut down of BBMB came so suddenly. TBD, in the past, used to be somewhat purposeful in allowing people to join. When BBMB shut down, TBD became the San Diego to BBMB's Tijuana.

Also, there have always been people here spewing crap. The issue is the sheer number of them now. It's better after a win or two, but the next time the Bills lose, it'll be Tijuana all over again.

Either way the Mexican food is great...

• Haha (+1) 1

I’d rather focus on all the nice things we DO have and the seemingly bright  future than make myself miserable lamenting all the things I DON’T have. I guess it’s just a different way of looking at life, and it’s not always easy, but it has advantages.  

• Like (+1) 1

All this "we should have hired an offensive coach" is nonsense.

Funny how Frank Reich's offensive knowledge/prowess made no difference when their Quarterback was shaking off the rust.  Once Andrew Luck started playing like a Top 5 quarterback again, suddenly the offense became a powerhouse.  Offensive success ALWAYS begins with the QB.  Everything stems off from that.

Sean McDermott's offense has featured an extremely raw rookie (Allen), a 35-year-old who had no real intention of playing when he signed (Anderson), a journeyman who hadn't taken a snap in 2 seasons (Barkley) and probably the worst starting quarterback of the modern football era (Peterman).  Not to mention the terrible offensive line, and bottom-tier receiving talent.  There isn't an offensive genius in the NFL who could have "schemed" this group into success this year.

The future of this franchise depends on Josh Allen's development.  If he works out, it won't matter what side of the ball McDermott specializes in.

• Like (+1) 1

As for Mahomes, he's great no doubt but look at the personnel around him.  When the Bills could have picked him, they were still trying to decide whether Tyrod was the answer, so it made sense to trade back, get White, and another first this past spring.  Picking Mahomes last year while Taylor was still here, and not having the cap space to upgrade the rest of the roster, would have been a disaster.  For one thing, we don't make the playoffs last year without White.  Second, Mahomes was OK sitting and watching a great but aging QB, and waiting his turn while learning the game.  Mahomes sitting behind a mediocre QB still trying to become better would not have gone down well.  

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

All this time and emotion invested in things we don't have is absurd. 

First, the obvious.........have an ounce of self awareness........you're on a message board..........which is perhaps the very definition of wasted time.

But as they say....."if you don't know your past....."

One constant with the Bills fruitless 19 year and counting struggle to escape the "bad to middling" level as an NFL franchise is repeating the same mistakes over and over.

So it's good to know your history and learn from it...........that's where you can pinch those emotional pennies by not dying the same deaths every 3 years.?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sad isn't it?.........Frank returns to where his coaching career actually started....funny how Mahomes was "leper like" coming from the "dreaded spread" or "Air Raid (no Air Raid guy has succeeded in the NFL, right?)" and now that he's playing A++, we blew the pick....oh well.........

sad isn't it?

Yessir

3 hours ago, LTF said:

Started the season 1-5 and now on a 5 game winning streak, with a 37-5 blowout of McDermott and the Bills included in that streak. The guy can coach. Why the Bills didn't bring this guy in to be their head coach is beyond me. Looking at their schedule it looks like he is heading to the playoffs in his first year and the Colts are going to be the team nobody wants to play. Great job Frank Reich.

Hiring a defense minded coach in the new NFL where offense is King is the biggest mistake made so far by the Pegulas.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/06/letter-bills-made-wrong-choice-by-not-hiring-frank-reich/

No doubt Reich is going to become a great HC! However, for this season at least, one needs to put some context of his success i.e. recognize the impact of a stronger than expected Andrew Luck on his return, as well as something called SOS for the Colts schedule, has had on their current streak...just my 2 cents! 

Edited by BuffaLoko

McD made the playoffs and snapped a 17 year drought with Tyrod Taylor while Colts started terrible and still have not made the playoffs with Andrew Luck.  They are on a win streak but still no lock for playoffs.  

And this idea because they won 5 games in a row means we hired the wrong coach is beyond stupid considering our coach made the playoffs in his first season already and in year 2 has a rookie QB with a winning record but also missed 4 games due to injury including the Colts game.  We also have a way wors stable of receiving weapons for our rookie QB.

The level of stupidity of this thread is about as high as it gets.  Time will tell who has more success as a HC, but this isn’t the barometer.

Good for Frank, but his mini mid season success of the Colts after a longer run of poor play to start the year doesn’t equate to we hired the wrong guy.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I suspect they were able to join so quickly because the shut down of BBMB came so suddenly. TBD, in the past, used to be somewhat purposeful in allowing people to join. When BBMB shut down, TBD became the San Diego to BBMB's Tijuana.

Also, there have always been people here spewing crap. The issue is the sheer number of them now. It's better after a win or two, but the next time the Bills lose, it'll be Tijuana all over again.

Too bad we don't have donny trump to make TBD great again.

3 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Like a winning football team, for like 20 years or so...

And this coaching staff was the first one to take us to the playoffs in that time but they simply aren't good enough for some fans.  Did it in their first year with limited talent too.  It's like some fans expect a coach to come in and immediately take us to the super bowl.  Where has patience gone?  Do people understand it takes time to build great things.  20 years but this coaching staff has been here for less than two and they have a playoff appearance already.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LTF said:

The Colts will beat the Chiefs this year in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

Yes, my suggestion of the other day stands.  Change your screen name from 'LTF' to 'WTF'.

As for your prediction, you wouldn't want to bet $5000 on it, would you?  

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Good for Frank... seems like a good dude... but why is there such a need to point out every success that the Bills didnt take as a mistake? Things happen and the league progresses. Everyone gets a crack and everything. One success doesnt mean there another bunch of failures. These posts are silly 

Right? It's almost like there are 31 other teams that make roster moves and hire coaches as well,