I may have been wrong about McCaffrey

Dadonkadonk

7 hours ago, RonMexico said:

I wouldn't really say its a small sample size, he played pretty well last year 757 yards (avg of 4.9 a carry) and just over 600 receiving yards. hes already passed his total receiving yards from last year with 651. carving out himself a nice role in that offense. 

Agreed

small sample size is just a term losers use when they were wrong again

it never ends with those people....

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane was Asst GM when they drafted him right? 

I cant wait until we take a RB 7th and the board tears itself apart arguing whether it was worth it because he’s more of an “offensive weapon”  and plays 2 positions 

Funny thing, I'm just reading this post and responses and you went exactly where I was going to go with this....

No idea what Beane and Co. will do on Draft Day, but given how well the Draft picks have played overall, I'm going to trust Beane and his team with...you got it....The Process. By that time of course the FA period will largely be over and the "needs" of the team will be clear. That said, in the same vein, I would not be shocked based on the strength of this year's Draft if the 1st Round pick is Defense, be it CB or DE or DT....Beane seems to be a guy who goes off his board based on value for the most part. And after being a guy for years who thought you take what your team needs, I can say I've been "reformed", lol...just recognizing how it becomes a bigger weakness in the long run. 

McCaffrey and Kamara are modern day versions of Marshall Faulk. Both of these guys could be 1,000 and 1,000 guys rushing/receiving at some point in their careers. We'll see how they hold up over time taking NFL hits, but we could very well be watching two HOF players who are dual threat weapons. 

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Pretty sure I posted he was one of my top predictions first round draft pick busts.  We all know a significant number of even first round picks end up as busts.  I think I posted he had a high likelihood of being a bust.  I can;t recall if it was pre or post draft.  

Not my worst prediction, I would say labeling Bosa as a huge bust risk is my worst.  I saw him play at Ohio State many times and I just did not think he had the size to play DE in the NFL.  Though the was too tall and not enough mass.  So far I look silly on that call.  

Seems hard for any running back to flop in the NFL  I'd imagine QB's have the most busts, and thinking of the top of my head, can't recall many RB busts, then again they don't get all the publicity to start with, so the busts likely go under the radar.

"I may have been wrong about Jimmy Clausen" - Mel Kiper

"I may have been wrong about Blaine Gabbert." Todd McShay and a whole bunch of coaches

"I may have been wrong about EJ Manuel." - Doug Whaley

"I may have been wrong about Mason Rudolph." - Chris Trapasso

Point being, it happens. And these guys are professionals and get paid a lot of money to be wrong about 50% of the time, so no worries. 

58 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Funny thing, I'm just reading this post and responses and you went exactly where I was going to go with this....

No idea what Beane and Co. will do on Draft Day, but given how well the Draft picks have played overall, I'm going to trust Beane and his team with...you got it....The Process. By that time of course the FA period will largely be over and the "needs" of the team will be clear. That said, in the same vein, I would not be shocked based on the strength of this year's Draft if the 1st Round pick is Defense, be it CB or DE or DT....Beane seems to be a guy who goes off his board based on value for the most part. And after being a guy for years who thought you take what your team needs, I can say I've been "reformed", lol...just recognizing how it becomes a bigger weakness in the long run. 

If there is a player like mccaffrey they want in the top 10 i am all for it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Got him in the second round in Fantasy Football. Best pick I made

My buddy picked him in the 1st and was distraught that it fell that way for him and I insisted it was a good pick. Now he won’t let a week go by without texting how many points he got him. He also has Mahomes so pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Pretty sure I posted he was one of my top predictions first round draft pick busts.  We all know a significant number of even first round picks end up as busts.  I think I posted he had a high likelihood of being a bust.  I can;t recall if it was pre or post draft.  

Not my worst prediction, I would say labeling Bosa as a huge bust risk is my worst.  I saw him play at Ohio State many times and I just did not think he had the size to play DE in the NFL.  Though the was too tall and not enough mass.  So far I look silly on that call.  

I was right there with you. At least u wasn’t wrong about that smallish LB/DE that the Broncos picked a few years back. He hasn’t amounted to anything.

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

RBs are making a come back because of they way they are now used in the receiving game.  

If you recognized this, then you would have known McCaffrey was going to be a really good player.  

Moreover, if you recognize this, then you would know that RBs can be worth a top ten pick again.   

Certain ones are worth the top 10 pick if they actually have this ability. They aren’t all like that. Gurley, Zeke, Barkley and mccaffrey are recent examples. But some are still really good RBs but just more of the power back type and those will still be able to be drafted later. 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Certain ones are worth the top 10 pick if they actually have this ability. They aren’t all like that. Gurley, Zeke, Barkley and mccaffrey are recent examples. But some are still really good RBs but just more of the power back type and those will still be able to be drafted later. 

Absolutely true.  But remember five years ago when not even a single RB was worth the top 10 pick?  It has definitely changed. 

10 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

It is still a small sample size, but the kid looks legit.  I still think he was not worth a top 10 draft pick but so far he has performed better than I expected.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807879-christian-mccaffrey-has-become-an-nfl-superstar-before-our-eyes?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Well, I hope you don't have to evaluate applicants for jobs wherever you work. Still not worth a top 10 pick? If he were on the Bills he would be the leading rusher, receiver, and scorer by a large margin. For your Joey Bosa prediction, he was 20 years old when drafted and weighed 270 lbs at 6'5". He's probably grown another inch and now weighs 280 lbs. Good on you for owning up but damn man haha.