I may have been wrong about McCaffrey

Dadonkadonk

It is still a small sample size, but the kid looks legit.  I still think he was not worth a top 10 draft pick but so far he has performed better than I expected.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807879-christian-mccaffrey-has-become-an-nfl-superstar-before-our-eyes?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

2 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

What did you “predict” that you’re wrong about?

Pretty sure I posted he was one of my top predictions first round draft pick busts.  We all know a significant number of even first round picks end up as busts.  I think I posted he had a high likelihood of being a bust.  I can;t recall if it was pre or post draft.  

Not my worst prediction, I would say labeling Bosa as a huge bust risk is my worst.  I saw him play at Ohio State many times and I just did not think he had the size to play DE in the NFL.  Though the was too tall and not enough mass.  So far I look silly on that call.  

I wouldn't really say its a small sample size, he played pretty well last year 757 yards (avg of 4.9 a carry) and just over 600 receiving yards. hes already passed his total receiving yards from last year with 651. carving out himself a nice role in that offense. 

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

McCaffery is what Reggie Bush should have been, good enough in between the tackles and an elite player as a receiver of the backfield.

The Panthers use McCaffery as a weapon on offense as opposed to just having him be a standard running back. 

Hmmmm....

shadys isn’t a power back you’re saying?

• Thank you (+1) 1

???????????

You are writing a post suggesting you MAY have been wrong about this guy.  You clearly were.

BUT then say one of the most illogical mind bending things I have ever read on this board,  " I still think he was not worth a top 10 draft pick "

Last year:  McCaffrey had over 1,000 yards rushing and receiving

This year, his second year in the league:   over 800 yards rushing (4.9 yards per rush) and 600 yards receivingWith five games left in the season.

Your original post and prediction was awful yes, based on what looks like very little knowledge of this guy's college career.  So, ignorance of the facts clearly shown then.  But forgivable maybe.

This post is much worse, showing much more ignorance than the original.  One would think you would have known the facts, and understood them, before writing this laughable post.

I'd hate to have a guy like this poster anywhere near my football team. Stating McCaffrey is not worth a top 10 draft pick in a post where he is saying he was wrong about him pre-draft!!

Will you come back again in a few weeks, or early next year, and then tell us that you MAY have been wrong about the much more ridiculous statement in this post?

• Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

???????????

You are writing a post suggesting you MAY have been wrong about this guy.  You clearly were.

BUT then say one of the most illogical mind bending things I have ever read on this board,  " I still think he was not worth a top 10 draft pick "

Last year:  McCaffrey had over 1,000 yards rushing and receiving

This year, his second year in the league:   over 800 yards rushing (4.9 yards per rush) and 600 yards receivingWith five games left in the season.

Your original post and prediction was awful yes, based on what looks like very little knowledge of this guy's college career.  So, ignorance of the facts clearly shown then.  But forgivable maybe.

This post is much worse, showing much more ignorance than the original.  One would think you would have known the facts, and understood them, before writing this laughable post.

I'd hate to have a guy like this poster anywhere near my football team. Stating McCaffrey is not worth a top 10 draft pick in a post where he is saying he was wrong about him pre-draft!!

Will you come back again in a few weeks, or early next year, and then tell us that you MAY have been wrong about the much more ridiculous statement in this post?

“I may have been wrong about Patrick Mahomes. I said he wasn’t worth a top ten pick. Jury is still out though.”

• Haha (+1) 1

I was in the same boat as you because he was white.  I mean like all white.  Not some Robert Smith half and half thing. The last decent white running back was who?  John Riggins and Larry Csonka in the 70's?

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I was in the same boat as you because he was white.  I mean like all white.  Not some Robert Smith half and half thing. The last decent white running back was who?  John Riggins and Larry Csonka in the 70's?

And Irish! 

• Like (+1) 1