Reuben Foster has been claimed by Redskins; girlfriend says she was lying when recanted claims from Feb. incident

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And I said take him off the list and it doesn’t matter to the original point, so there’s that too.

It matters because it perpetuates a false narrative based on a headline and not the underlying facts.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

It matters because it perpetuates a false narrative based on a headline and not the underlying facts.

Was he driving under the influence?  If yes, then case closed, he made a mistake.  

But his case is irrelevant to the original point regardless.  

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Was he driving under the influence?  If yes, then case closed, he made a mistake.  

But his case is irrelevant to the original point regardless.  

Again, it's fully relevant when the discussion is about a narrative that belies the actual facts. 

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

At this point, I don't even have an algorithm for determining if someone's a woman.

Here it is...

It appears Foster went into the Danger Zone, which, according to the speaker, are "your strippers, your red heads, anyone named Tiffany and your hairdressers."

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Here it is...

It appears Foster went into the Danger Zone, which, according to the speaker, are "your strippers, your red heads, anyone named Tiffany and your hairdressers."

That's not my algorithm.

On 11/28/2018 at 11:08 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

All Kap ever did was stand up for people whose civil rights are regularly violated.  

The NFL has a laundry list of awful, just utterly awful human beings who play long careers, guys who have even had less success than Kap.  But because our lying President decided to focus on it because as he himself put it “Gives his ratings a boost”, now people have turned his peaceful protest into all kinds of things it’s not about.  I mean Trump doesn’t even know the words to Anthem, literally.  He has been villafied while REAL villains suit up every weekend and get chances after chances without a peep from the fans.

Yeah, police shootings are always bad, right? Does he stand up for the people who are shot on a daily basis by criminals in Chicago? Please.

[remarks about political figures excised]

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah, police shootings are always bad, right? Does he stand up for the people who are shot on a daily basis by criminals in Chicago? Please.

As for the remark about President Trump, you must really value honesty in politicians and worship bastions of rectitude, such as the Clintons and Barack Hussein Obama. Good luck with that.

Hahahaha this is one of the worst posts and replies I’ve ever read on any topic ever on this board...ever...and I mean that with 100% sincerity, not to be funny.  Thanks for the chuckle.  

Not one word of it is even worth discussing.  

But don’t worry, I wont hold this absurd post against you as a poster overall :) 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahahaha this is one of the worst posts and replies I’ve ever read on any topic ever on this board...ever...and I mean that with 100% sincerity, not to be funny.  Thanks for the chuckle.  

Not one word of it is even worth discussing.  

But don’t worry, I wont hold this absurd post against you as a poster overall :) 

Actually, I have held you in high regard as a poster for some time and was actually quite surprised to read such teary eyed, pathetic drivel from you, but; I look forward to talking more about football with you. ;)

On 11/28/2018 at 6:31 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Actually, I have held you in high regard as a poster for some time and was actually quite surprised to read such teary eyed, pathetic drivel from you, but; I look forward to talking more about football with you. ;)

Ditto.  Politics, no.  Football yes :)

PS:  The reason I found your reply so bad was because it’s the same tired excuse of “.... [political convo removed]  Then you down played taking a stand for something unless you somehow take a stand for everything which was just silly.  

All good, Go Bills and Cheers!  :beer: 

On 11/28/2018 at 6:42 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Ditto.  Politics, no.  Football yes :)

PS:  The reason I found your reply so bad was because it’s the same tired excuse of “....[political convo removed]  Then you down played taking a stand for something unless you somehow take a stand for everything which was just silly.  

All good, Go Bills and Cheers!  :beer: 

I completely disagree with the bolded above but its all cool.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2018 at 8:36 AM, keepthefaith said:

Take my post to the bank and count Nike among the "few".  While we're at it, check out Nike's stock price since signing CK.  September 4th I believe was the announcement date.   Think Nike Shareholders are happy?  Colin's had the same affect there as he did with the NFL.  He's a convenient scapegoat at the very least, not good for business. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE/

Lol “not good for business.” Maybe not for the grayhaired set no. But all of them are buying orthotic shoes anyways at this point no?

I see u point out the initial stock dip after the Kaep ad (a whole 3.2%!) but didn’t mention the giant revenue boost they got immediately following the initial rollout of the campaign. Whoops! And the tsunami of positive social media exposure the Kaep campaign garnered for Nike. Guess you missed that. But something tells me you miss a lot of things that don’t align with your worldview. Sad! 

Uh-oh, Skins executive Doug Williams apparently referred to the domestic violence charge against Foster as “small potatoes”. This won’t go well for him.

http://dailysnark.com/redskins-senior-executive-says-domestic-violence-is-small-potatoes-while-defending-reuben-foster/?fbclid=IwAR2_yJFJXSFjZOINAbRJcm9mNKtKmAt8pbK1Ujs4jjwpJ7F8NiCOX-jGWT4

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Uh-oh, Skins executive Doug Williams apparently referred to the domestic violence charge against Foster as “small potatoes”. This won’t go well for him.

http://dailysnark.com/redskins-senior-executive-says-domestic-violence-is-small-potatoes-while-defending-reuben-foster/?fbclid=IwAR2_yJFJXSFjZOINAbRJcm9mNKtKmAt8pbK1Ujs4jjwpJ7F8NiCOX-jGWT4

....try and challenge that and see what card comes up.............

On 11/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, JoPar_v2 said:

Lol “not good for business.” Maybe not for the grayhaired set no. But all of them are buying orthotic shoes anyways at this point no?

I see u point out the initial stock dip after the Kaep ad (a whole 3.2%!) but didn’t mention the giant revenue boost they got immediately following the initial rollout of the campaign. Whoops! And the tsunami of positive social media exposure the Kaep campaign garnered for Nike. Guess you missed that. But something tells me you miss a lot of things that don’t align with your worldview. Sad! 

Just trying to speak your trumpite language. Amidoingitrite?

Nike Stock is down about 6% since that date but so is the index.  32 teams determined that Colin was either not needed and/or not good enough and/or a risk to employ due to his on the job protests.  Point was a couple posts ago that very few employers will hire anyone that use their platform as an employee to wage a social protest while on the job.  It's not good for business with few exceptions.  In fact, many employment agreements restrict it directly or indirectly. There's a reason for that.  It's bad for business.  No athlete (or fan of an athlete) should expect that they can protest something unrelated to their job while on the job without that effecting their employment.  People do not have a constitutional right to free speech while on the job. 

As for Foster, I'm simply drawing a contrast between the two.  One screwed up, will likely be penalized and if they commit to better behavior will get another chance.  The other screwed up and won't commit to better on the job behavior and sued all of his potential employers.  Chances are he won't be given a chance until he commits otherwise.  

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And this, in a nutshell, is why people who try to work with domestic abuse victims have such a challenge. 

Victim recants for (reason) [love him, don't want to ruin his career, afraid he'll do worse when he gets out, he said he was sorry and promised he'd change]

Abuse recurs.  Victim admits recantation was a lie in the face of new abuse. 

For the NFL, add in the possibility of $$$ to the victim to make them go away a la Hardy.

Prosecutors hate it because now you have a crime with a victim who has zero credibility.

Police hate DV calls because anything can and does happen, including the victim doing a "flip" and going after the cops who are "taking my man away"

Counselors and other professionals who work with these cases need the Patience of Job and more.

I am sick to death of the NFL pretending to care about this stuff. 

Either formulate a clear and consistent policy then follow it consistently, or STFU about it because the "zero tolerance" policy clearly isn't - it's influenced by all sorts of factors including whether or not TMZ has video the NFL in theory could have obtained, but didn't try to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/28/2018 at 9:22 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Tyreek Hill was arrested and plead guilty to DV, he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly. His record was expunged I believe? But many ignore that because he’s really talented. Chiefs fans proudly wear his jersey.

Is Reuben Foster even that good that he’s worth the headache? 

I could be mistaken but I believe if Hill had done what he did in the NFL, he'd be gone.

Hill pled guilty to felony charges of domestic assault and battery in 2014, two years before he was drafted.  He received a three-year deferred sentence with probation, along with requirements for a domestic-abuse evaluation, an anger management court and a year-long batterer’s program.  He was kicked off the team at OSU.  It was a first offense.

Essentially, he served well more than the equivalent of the NFL's 6 game suspension.  I don't know anything about his record being expunged, I doubt it.

He completed his required programs, played for a DII school, and fell to the 3rd day of the draft.  He has apparently stayed out of trouble since.

So here's the thing.  Do people deserve second chances and rehabilitation, or don't they?

Because when people bring up what Hill did and people "ignoring it", they don't tend to bring up all the consequences he had and the rehab he completed.

But it goes to what I said above.  The NFL needs to formulate a clear and consistent policy on this stuff and be aboveboard with it, if they want any pretense at being taken seriously as caring about DV.

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And this, in a nutshell, is why people who try to work with domestic abuse victims have such a challenge. 

Victim recants for (reason) [love him, don't want to ruin his career, afraid he'll do worse when he gets out, he said he was sorry and promised he'd change]

Abuse recurs.  Victim admits recantation was a lie in the face of new abuse. 

For the NFL, add in the possibility of $$$ to the victim to make them go away a la Hardy.

Prosecutors hate it because now you have a crime with a victim who has zero credibility.

Police hate DV calls because anything can and does happen, including the victim doing a "flip" and going after the cops who are "taking my man away"

Counselors and other professionals who work with these cases need the Patience of Job and more.

I am sick to death of the NFL pretending to care about this stuff. 

Either formulate a clear and consistent policy then follow it consistently, or STFU about it because the "zero tolerance" policy clearly isn't - it's influenced by all sorts of factors including whether or not TMZ has video the NFL in theory could have obtained, but didn't try to.

Once you get to  the point where one was lying about lying it’s a indecipherable mess. 

When it comes to DV it makes me wonder if they just restructure the law to require some sort polygraph, especially for this type of scenario or  for the dismissal of charges when a victim about faces to protect someone 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On 11/28/2018 at 1:36 PM, LABillzFan said:

Here it is...

The guy in the background makes that video with the hairdressers line.