Reuben Foster has been claimed by Redskins; girlfriend says she was lying when recanted claims from Feb. incident

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s phoniness of it and hypocritical nature of it.  Some people get more upset about a protest than they ever did about domestic violence.  Some people tout family values while their teenage daughter is getting knocked up and their son beats up their dad.  

Im far from perfect but I would never tolerate a man who hits a women or child or justify them being on a team I like.  And I most certainly wouldn’t get more mad about CK or dudes protesting than I would about Foster and Mixon.  

I do think McDermott goes a bit overboard with the character stuff but I’d like to think we would never entertain bringing trash like this to the Bills.

Are you 12?  That sucky qb is better than your hero Kyle (slide coward) and has a fair superior career than any qb on the Bills roster.  

And i I started a thread about Mixon in college and how he was a trash human being.  But keep defending women beaters.  You are a true patriot and hero!!! 

So what, this is the second time you’ve psoted about Mixon since he beat a girl on video 2 years ago? How many times have you posted about Colin Kaerpenick in the last 2 years? Conservatively, 200 times?

You're proving how much you care about women bro! Colin Kaepernick needs your activism everyday. Not that girl who got socked by a 200 pound dude. Proud of you.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s phoniness of it and hypocritical nature of it.  Some people get more upset about a protest than they ever did about domestic violence.  Some people tout family values while their teenage daughter is getting knocked up and their son beats up their dad.  

Im far from perfect but I would never tolerate a man who hits a women or child or justify them being on a team I like.  And I most certainly wouldn’t get more mad about CK or dudes protesting than I would about Foster and Mixon.  

I do think McDermott goes a bit overboard with the character stuff but I’d like to think we would never entertain bringing trash like this to the Bills.

As an employer, I've hired 6 individuals over the past 10 years or so with criminal records including some serious felonies. Some of which spent years in jail.   4 of 6 turned out bad but 2 have turned out very well.  I would NEVER hire a person who planned to use our marketing and public exposure to further a cause that would be poorly received by many of our customers.  Never, Never, Never!!!  Few employers would. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Right or wrong, people still see things like domestic violence as a private matter; "it's none of my business"

But people take it personally when someone (especially privileged, pampered athletes) are shitting on the country, flag, etc.

That's not what KD did, but then you will just keep telling yourself that so there's little chance of a unbiased discussion on this topic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I didn't state that either of them bothered me, I just pointed out the way many people react to the two situations.  But people who may be offended by someone disrespecting the anthem are very low on the list of problems with the country.

One could even say those people and their “priorities” should be shuffled to the bottom of the deck.

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

As an employer, I've hired 6 individuals over the past 10 years or so with criminal records including some serious felonies. Some of which spent years in jail.   4 of 6 turned out bad but 2 have turned out very well.  I would NEVER hire a person who planned to use our marketing and public exposure to further a cause that would be poorly received by many of our customers.  Never, Never, Never!!!  Few employers would. 

That’s very good, very fine unverifiable anecdotal evidence you’ve given us right there. That is for sure. Thanks!

oh by the way, are you an employer as big as Nike? Because they don’t seem to mind.

Edited by JoPar_v2

8 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

One could even say those people and their “priorities” should be shuffled to the bottom of the deck.

That’s very good, very fine unverifiable anecdotal evidence you’ve given us right there. That is for sure. Thanks!

oh by the way, are you an employer as big as Nike? Because they don’t seem to mind.

Take my post to the bank and count Nike among the "few".  While we're at it, check out Nike's stock price since signing CK.  September 4th I believe was the announcement date.   Think Nike Shareholders are happy?  Colin's had the same affect there as he did with the NFL.  He's a convenient scapegoat at the very least, not good for business. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE/

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with Biscuit, its disgusting travesty that this guy and others get chances while Colin doesn't because he did a peaceful protest to stand up for those whose civil rights were being violated.  I mean dog killer Vick was even taken back...Donte Stallworth killed a person while driving under the influence...was taken right back.  

I wish people would stop bringing up Stallworth's case in these arguments.  His situation was a tragedy where the victim was probably more responsible for the incident.  There's a good chance he would have struck the guy even if he didn't drink the night before.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This stupid narrative again.  Just be honest and say you don’t like CK’s politics instead of just making up things.  He had a 16 td to 4 int ratio, a 90 qb rating, nearly 500 yards rushing on a team where Jeremy Kerley was their best receiver.  People are anointing Josh Allen as a franchise savior with a 63 QBs rating.  Imagine if Josh Allen had CK’s terrible td to int ratio of 4 to 1?  We would have him making the hall of fame.

You can call it a stupid narrative all you want, but it doesn't jive with reality. Read again what I wrote about Vick above. Now ask yourself why Kap doesn't have a job? You think if an NFL team believed he was a winner, he wouldn't be on a team? Because if you do, you've spanked the stupid narrative right on the ass. NFL teams don't care about his politics any more than they care about Vick hanging dogs from trees. 

Kap has two problems, and they are both on him: (1) he's suing the NFL and (2) he doesn't want to be a back up. End of story. If he were good enough to warrant the money and be handed a starting position, neither of those would matter any more than the image of Michael Vick holding a dog's head in a buck of water.

I'm sure the board is tired of this topic, and there is nothing you or I can contribute to move the discussion. We disagree on the topic, so let's not waste the board's bandwidth. But every time a team claims a dude like Foster, a Kap fan loses their wings and a day will come when this makes sense to all the Kap fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hahaha.  He threw 16 tds and 4 ints his last year.  We have a celebration when Allen completes a pass.  

But you’re right. It’s all about talent and nothing else.  It’s why Barkley, Weeden, Savage, Jones, and nine million scrubs are getting signed before Kaepernick.  It’s all about winning!

face it.  The nfl is a scumbag league that takes BS morale stances.  They are fine with drafting guys who beat women multiple times; punch a pregnant girlfriend; or knock a women out on video.  Owners can do so because fans can less about this than a dude who silently protested.  Fans need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask why they get more upset about Kaepernick than Foster, Mixon, or Hill.  If you have women in life and get more upset about Kaep than those guys, what message are you saying?

Before I say anything, let me make 100% clear that I am a huge, life long Alabama Fan.

Were it up to me, Foster would NOT play on the Bills. Imo, he doesn't deserve it. I also would not want Kaepernick on the Bills. In fact, I would boo him at a game. You can hate me, my opinion or both. That's up to you but I have a right to an opinion. Can we agree on that?

Now, as far as the Redskins, let me say the following.....I have seen every play of every game that Reuben appeared in at Alabama. If the kid had his head on straight (which he does not), he would be a superstar. The Skins have some really good players from Bama who no doubt told the GM just how talented Foster is. Go to you tube and type in Reuben Foster/Fournette, and you will see how hard he hits. He can cover, blitz, and stop the run. He is more of a LB than Kaepernick is a qb. This is why he was claimed.

I agree with you that signing Foster would cost a team less money and fan support in the long run than signing Kaepernick. As a group, fans probably do despise Kaep more than Reuben, who certainly appears to be a criminal. The owners are there to make a profit. That's just the way it is. Little has changed, but if in fact there is a change, the owners were even more greedy before free agency.

Tyreek Hill was arrested and plead guilty to DV, he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly. His record was expunged I believe? But many ignore that because he’s really talented. Chiefs fans proudly wear his jersey.

Is Reuben Foster even that good that he’s worth the headache? 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tyreek Hill was arrested and plead guilty to DV, he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly. His record was expunged I believe? But many ignore that because he’s really talented. Chiefs fans proudly wear his jersey.

Is Reuben Foster even that good that he’s worth the headache? 

I had no idea about that story with Tyrek Hill.  Wow...what a POS.

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing as his last girlfriend said she accused him to ruin his career i think it's okay that he got claimed by the skins but they need to wait to put him on the field as the Commish has done in order to avoid a media fiasco ! This guy has had problems with this in the past & usually where there's smoke there's fire !! 

2 hours ago, GG said:

I wish people would stop bringing up Stallworth's case in these arguments.  His situation was a tragedy where the victim was probably more responsible for the incident.  There's a good chance he would have struck the guy even if he didn't drink the night before.  

I disagree greatly.  Every time you get behind the wheel while intoxicated you are putting not only your own life at risk, but those around you.  The fact you just said “probably” is enough reason to put responsibility on him.  Reaction reflexes are severely hampered while intoxicated.  The fact the possibility of Stallworth reacting faster was reduced due to his poor choices is a colossal mistake.  Maybe he could have either avoided the contact or at least react in a way that may have resulted in injuries instead of a fatality.

Point is, he is a wealthy and high profile athlete.  His ability to party and not drive is over the top easy.  He chose to risk people’s lives by driving himself while under the influence, and during the course of that decision, someone lost their life.  

Do I think he should be condemned for life, no, even good people make bad decisions that end up with terrible results.  But to just be glossed over while someone is black balled who was a hero in his community like Kap before the kneeling with all the money and time he dedicated to impacting kids lives positively is a joke.  All Kap ever did was stand up for people whose civil rights are regularly violated.  

The NFL has a laundry list of awful, just utterly awful human beings who play long careers, guys who have even had less success than Kap.  But because our lying President decided to focus on it because as he himself put it “Gives his ratings a boost”, now people have turned his peaceful protest into all kinds of things it’s not about.  I mean Trump doesn’t even know the words to Anthem, literally.  He has been villafied while REAL villains suit up every weekend and get chances after chances without a peep from the fans.

Whether Stallworth is on that list of examples or not is irrelevant, their are a ton of terrible human beings who are in the list while CK has been shut out.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I disagree greatly.  Every time you get behind the wheel while intoxicated you are putting not only your own life at risk, but those around you.  The fact you just said “probably” is enough reason to put responsibility on him.  Reaction reflexes are severely hampered while intoxicated.  The fact the possibility of Stallworth reacting faster was reduced due to his poor choices is a colossal mistake.  Maybe he could have either avoided the contact or at least react in a way that may have resulted in injuries instead of a fatality.

Point is, he is a wealthy and high profile athlete.  His ability to party and not drive is over the top easy.  He chose to risk people’s lives by driving himself while under the influence, and during the course of that decision, someone lost their life.  

Do I think he should be condemned for life, no, even good people make bad decisions that end up with terrible results.  But to just be glossed over while someone is black balled who was a hero in his community like Kap before the kneeling with all the money and time he dedicated to impacting kids lives positively is a joke.  All Kap ever did was stand up for people whose civil rights are regularly violated.  

The NFL has a laundry list of awful, just utterly awful human beings who play long careers, guys who have even had less success than Kap.  But because our lying President decided to focus on it because as he himself put it “Gives his ratings a boost”, now people have turned his peaceful protest into all kinds of things it’s not about.  I mean Trump doesn’t even know the words to Anthem, literally.  He has been villafied while REAL villains suit up every weekend and get chances after chances without a peep from the fans.

Whether Stallworth is on that list of examples or not is irrelevant, their are a ton of terrible human beings who are in the list while CK has been shut out.

This response is proof that you don't know the story and just read the headlines that Stallworth was convicted of manslaughter while DUI.

1 hour ago, T master said:

Seeing as his last girlfriend said she accused him to ruin his career i think it's okay that he got claimed by the skins but they need to wait to put him on the field as the Commish has done in order to avoid a media fiasco ! This guy has had problems with this in the past & usually where there's smoke there's fire !! 

My understanding is that this accusation is from the same girlfriend, though I heard that on the radio and don't recall it in print, so I could be wrong. The sound clip from the coach on Sunday was, essentially, we don't care if he did it or not. We told him what we expected of him and he didn't do it.

If it WAS the same girl, my understanding is that she admitted last time that she only did it because she was upset with him breaking up with her. You'd like to think at some point recently, Foster said something like, "Nah, babes, I'm gonna be busy in Tampa. Just stay here and we'll get together when I return after the game."

I believe @DC Tom has an algorithm for determining levels of craziness in a woman.

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

My understanding is that this accusation is from the same girlfriend, though I heard that on the radio and don't recall it in print, so I could be wrong. The sound clip from the coach on Sunday was, essentially, we don't care if he did it or not. We told him what we expected of him and he didn't do it.

If it WAS the same girl, my understanding is that she admitted last time that she only did it because she was upset with him breaking up with her. You'd like to think at some point recently, Foster said something like, "Nah, babes, I'm gonna be busy in Tampa. Just stay here and we'll get together when I return after the game."

I believe @DC Tom has an algorithm for determining levels of craziness in a woman.

It is the same woman 

27 minutes ago, GG said:

This response is proof that you don't know the story and just read the headlines that Stallworth was convicted of manslaughter while DUI.

And I said take him off the list and it doesn’t matter to the original point, so there’s that too.