Reuben Foster has been claimed by Redskins; girlfriend says she was lying when recanted claims from Feb. incident

YoloinOhio

I agree with Biscuit, its disgusting travesty that this guy and others get chances while Colin doesn't because he did a peaceful protest to stand up for those whose civil rights were being violated.  I mean dog killer Vick was even taken back...Donte Stallworth killed a person while driving under the influence...was taken right back.  

Worst part, what everyone is upset with regarding the protest actually has zero to do with what CK is protesting.  It has nothing to do with what most connect to it.  But none of those people were out there threatening to not watch the NFL when dog killer...like "Saw" movie level dog killing...was playing again.  Where is the outrage over real crimes, real tragedy, real f-ed up stuff?  

Not to mention CK was a model citizen off the field giving millions to kids and his community for years before the kneeling stuff.  Hes done more good for people than probably this whole board combined...but somehow he is the villain?  lol, our society sucks and has terrible priorities 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Coincidentally Washington was also selling this cheap doll of Sean Taylor on the anniversary of his murder. Only $20!

all class, that organization.

A5EF57D5-5F55-4855-92A6-F1D838715482.jpeg

Come on....how do you not make it $21??   They need some better people in that marketing dept.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Wow multiple teams put in a claim! That's crazy. I thought his career was done.

Michael Vick trained dogs to kill each other, killed the losing dogs by  hanging them with a nylon cord, electrocuting them, drowning them by holding their head in a buck of water, or just shooting the lucky ones before throwing their bodies into a dirt pit on his property. After prison he signed a multi-million dollar deal with the Eagles.

Do you honestly think NFL teams are going to let Foster go because he doesn't know how to stay away from a girl who keeps accusing him of beating her?

It's up to teams to determine if they want that kind of pig on their roster. Some teams don't care if guys are pigs. I'm very grateful the Bills aren't one of those teams.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with Biscuit, its disgusting travesty that this guy and others get chances while Colin doesn't because he did a peaceful protest to stand up for those whose civil rights were being violated.  I mean dog killer Vick was even taken back...Donte Stallworth killed a person while driving under the influence...was taken right back.  

The difference is VIck and Stallworth could both play and win. Colin Kaerpernick sucks.

I'm not justifying bringing back Vick or Stallworth. I'm just saying, at some point people will realize why no one wants Kap. It's because he sucks and won't sit in the 2 or 3 spot.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I wish I could find the post from the guy he told me I was wrong on Foster and becausenthe charges were dropped last time he was an angel.  Foster is still a POS ans should be suspended.

Just go check the Alabama, er, College Football board.  You'll find a bunch.

34 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Michael Vick trained dogs to kill each other, killed the losing dogs by  hanging them with a nylon cord, electrocuting them, drowning them by holding their head in a buck of water, or just shooting the lucky ones before throwing their bodies into a dirt pit on his property. After prison he signed a multi-million dollar deal with the Eagles.

Do you honestly think NFL teams are going to let Foster go because he doesn't know how to stay away from a girl who keeps accusing him of beating her?

It's up to teams to determine if they want that kind of pig on their roster. Some teams don't care if guys are pigs. I'm very grateful the Bills aren't one of those teams.

The difference is VIck and Stallworth could both play and win. Colin Kaerpernick sucks.

I'm not justifying bringing back Vick or Stallworth. I'm just saying, at some point people will realize why no one wants Kap. It's because he sucks and won't sit in the 2 or 3 spot.

Kap in his last stint as an NFL QB had 16TDs and 4 INTs on a terrible team with less offensive talent than we currently have.  You can say he sucks, but the truth is he was good enough to play in a SB, good enough to get a big contract, and even on a bad team his last year still played better than several backup QBs who somehow still have jobs, but also better than some starters.

There is no doubt the Jaguars are a better team with him for example than they are with Flake Bortles.  This constant statement of “he sucks” is mythology, not facts.  Not saying he’s a premiere QB, but he doesn’t suck nearly as bad as people say.  He has success as a starter in this league and is still young.  

Again, I’m not saying he’s gonna be a pro bowler, or even a good starter.  But he is a guy who is better than some current starters and a lot better than most backups and should have a job.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If only he beat a woman and was as good as Tom Savage!

You don’t see how this looks bad, though?  We give due process for women beaters but not a guy who silently protested?

and say there’s a small chance Foster, who’s had issues since high school, is innocent? Explain Joe Mixon.  Where were the owners/ league on that? Where were the fans threatening to boycott the league if he got drafted? How about the Giants kicker who played for a year while there were numerous domestic violence charges?

imo, football is the greatest sport invented.  But the nfl is run by scumbags with a lot of double standards and the fans allow it.

I see how it looks bad and why most teams in the NFL probably don't want Foster.  If I were a GM I might not want him either but he shouldn't face exile from the league at this point IMO.  He could end up in jail and also with a lengthy suspension from the NFL so his career may be over or substantially on hold.  Redskins can or may still cut him. 

Kaepernick is a different animal and he blew it IMO.  I believe that he'd be in the top 64 in the league but he did what no employee can do and expect to work.  He protested against his country while on the job.  The kneeling, the socks, the pressers after games.  All in the workplace and in front of customers and teammates.  After being cut he had many months to see the folly of his ways and make the commitment to football by assuring potential employers, fans and teammates that he would air his grievances in a more productive way and not while at work.  He chose not to do that and chose to sue the league.  All bad moves if you still want to work in that field.  That and his approach to furthering his cause was very flawed IMO.  He could have chosen to promote his views in a more fair and factual way and away from work.  Given his celebrity and the deep pockets of the owners and the league he probably could have had his name closely tied to the charitable causes being supported.  Looks to me like he's chosen not to play football. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Augie said:

What a fine young man.....

This is the risk you take when you roll the dice putting talent over character. At least his new team hasn’t invested a top pick in him. 

Or guaranteed dollars.

Honestly, he’s a fine enough pickup in a risk/reward sense at this point... just a matter of how much you are willing to stretch morally. 

32 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I see how it looks bad and why most teams in the NFL probably don't want Foster.  If I were a GM I might not want him either but he shouldn't face exile from the league at this point IMO.  He could end up in jail and also with a lengthy suspension from the NFL so his career may be over or substantially on hold.  Redskins can or may still cut him. 

Kaepernick is a different animal and he blew it IMO.  I believe that he'd be in the top 64 in the league but he did what no employee can do and expect to work.  He protested against his country while on the job.  The kneeling, the socks, the pressers after games.  All in the workplace and in front of customers and teammates.  After being cut he had many months to see the folly of his ways and make the commitment to football by assuring potential employers, fans and teammates that he would air his grievances in a more productive way and not while at work.  He chose not to do that and chose to sue the league.  All bad moves if you still want to work in that field.  That and his approach to furthering his cause was very flawed IMO.  He could have chosen to promote his views in a more fair and factual way and away from work.  Given his celebrity and the deep pockets of the owners and the league he probably could have had his name closely tied to the charitable causes being supported.  Looks to me like he's chosen not to play football. 

But the short of it is: why does quiet protest of law enforcement move the needle so much more drastically than spousal abuse (etc) with regards to fan dollars?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

This stupid narrative again.  Just be honest and say you don’t like CK’s politics instead of just making up things.  He had a 16 td to 4 int ratio, a 90 qb rating, nearly 500 yards rushing on a team where Jeremy Kerley was their best receiver.  People are anointing Josh Allen as a franchise savior with a 63 QBs rating.  Imagine if Josh Allen had CK’s terrible td to int ratio of 4 to 1?  We would have him making the hall of fame.

if you say CK sucked his last year, your agenda is very clear and you’re a liar.  I mean he’s not on Brandon Weeden or Tom Savage’s level but still. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Right or wrong, people still see things like domestic violence as a private matter; "it's none of my business"

But people take it personally when someone (especially privileged, pampered athletes) are shitting on the country, flag, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/12/16/the-video-of-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-punching-a-female-student-is-now-public/?utm_term=.097704c50d43

second round pick.  Zero threats to boycott the nfl. If that bothers you less than a dude taking a knee quietly, you are part of the problem in this country.  

I irrationally love the Bills but if they ever drafted Mixon or signed these scums, that would be it for me.  It’s pathetic what some people do to rationalize “their” team to win.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If only he beat a woman and was as good as Tom Savage!

You don’t see how this looks bad, though?  We give due process for women beaters but not a guy who silently protested?

and say there’s a small chance Foster, who’s had issues since high school, is innocent? Explain Joe Mixon.  Where were the owners/ league on that? Where were the fans threatening to boycott the league if he got drafted? How about the Giants kicker who played for a year while there were numerous domestic violence charges?

imo, football is the greatest sport invented.  But the nfl is run by scumbags with a lot of double standards and the fans allow it.

Who is Tom Savage suing?

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Or guaranteed dollars.

Honestly, he’s a fine enough pickup in a risk/reward sense at this point... just a matter of how much you are willing to stretch morally. 

But the short of it is: why does quiet protest of law enforcement move the needle so much more drastically than spousal abuse (etc) with regards to fan dollars?

Wait a second, I thought the Kaepernick debate didn't move the needle at all in regards to fan dollars?  Weren't you in every anthem topic talking about how kneeling wasn't affecting the bottom line?

Edited by BringBackOrton

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/12/16/the-video-of-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-punching-a-female-student-is-now-public/?utm_term=.097704c50d43

second round pick.  Zero threats to boycott the nfl. If that bothers you less than a dude taking a knee quietly, you are part of the problem in this country.  

I irrationally love the Bills but if they ever drafted Mixon or signed these scums, that would be it for me.  It’s pathetic what some people do to rationalize “their” team to win.

I didn't state that either of them bothered me, I just pointed out the way many people react to the two situations.  But people who may be offended by someone disrespecting the anthem are very low on the list of problems with the country.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Worst part, what everyone is upset with regarding the protest actually has zero to do with what CK is protesting.  It has nothing to do with what most connect to it.  But none of those people were out there threatening to not watch the NFL when dog killer...like "Saw" movie level dog killing...was playing again.  Where is the outrage over real crimes, real tragedy, real f-ed up stuff?  

Not to mention CK was a model citizen off the field giving millions to kids and his community for years before the kneeling stuff.  Hes done more good for people than probably this whole board combined...but somehow he is the villain?  lol, our society sucks and has terrible priorities 

Colin Kaepernick is actively suing his potential employers.  Why the ***** would they hire him?

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cincinnati-tv-station-calls-for-boycott-of-bengals-after-team-drafts-joe-mixon/

People who are too stupid or lazy to Google "Joe Mixon boycott" before spouting off are the real problem with this country.

Edited by BringBackOrton

30 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Colin Kaepernick is actively suing his potential employers.  Why the ***** would they hire him?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cincinnati-tv-station-calls-for-boycott-of-bengals-after-team-drafts-joe-mixon/

People who are too stupid or lazy to Google "Joe Mixon boycott" before spouting off are the real problem with this country.

Yeah dude.  It was totally on the same level as the Kaepernick noise by those “true patriots.”  

Of course, I’m not shocked that a guy with a name of one of the biggest cowards in Bills history would try to rationalize cowards who hit women.  

NFL = beat women ?, silent protest ? 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah dude.  It was totally on the same level as the Kaepernick noise by those “true patriots.”  

Of course, I’m not shocked that a guy with a name of one of the biggest cowards in Bills history would try to rationalize cowards who hit women.  

NFL = beat women ?, silent protest ? 

Maybe it didn’t raise as much noise because guys like you cared way more about Kapernick than Mixon. How many Mixon posts have you made on TBD? How many Kaepernick posts?

Incredibly, you have demonstrated through your actions that you care more about Colin Kaepernick getting a few more million bucks as a sucky QB than caring about a women beater being in the NFL. You are a hypocrite of the highest order.  “Free Colin! Goodell is Hitler” he screamed as he watched Joe Mixon play on Sunday and remained silent. 

You. Are. A. Joke. 

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I didn't state that either of them bothered me, I just pointed out the way many people react to the two situations.  But people who may be offended by someone disrespecting the anthem are very low on the list of problems with the country.

It’s phoniness of it and hypocritical nature of it.  Some people get more upset about a protest than they ever did about domestic violence.  Some people tout family values while their teenage daughter is getting knocked up and their son beats up their dad.  

Im far from perfect but I would never tolerate a man who hits a women or child or justify them being on a team I like.  And I most certainly wouldn’t get more mad about CK or dudes protesting than I would about Foster and Mixon.  

I do think McDermott goes a bit overboard with the character stuff but I’d like to think we would never entertain bringing trash like this to the Bills.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Maybe it didn’t raise as much noise because guys like you cared way more about Kapernick than Mixon. How many Mixon posts have you made on TBD? How many Kaepernick posts?

Incredibly, you have demonstrated through your actions that you care more about Colin Kaepernick getting a few more million bucks as a sucky QB than caring about a women beater being in the NFL. You are a hypocrite of the highest order.  “Free Colin! Goodell is Hitler” he screamed as he watched Joe Mixon play on Sunday and remained silent. 

You. Are. A. Joke. 

Are you 12?  That sucky qb is better than your hero Kyle (slide coward) and has a fair superior career than any qb on the Bills roster.  

And i I started a thread about Mixon in college and how he was a trash human being.  But keep defending women beaters.  You are a true patriot and hero!!!