Bills Release P Colton Schmidt

BigBuff423

I honestly have thought CS has been pretty poor since he came back and most of last season. He’s been good at the pooch punts inside the 20 I think, but for some reason the it doesn’t seem like he gets much air and distance on the other punts. Just my impression. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LTF said:

Why? You see any other teams in the league switching their punter who averaged 45 yards a punt for a guy that has even a worse average? Players do wonder when coaches and GM's bring in guys who are not very good.  Matt Darr is not a good punter and he has not punted in an NFL game since 2016. Move makes no sense.

Well, when he was cut the first time...nobody picked him up.  He had to wait until a few weeks ago to find work again after we put our last punter on IR.

Hes doing something wrong.  We as fans won’t always know.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LTF said:

So your replace a guy who sucks with a guy who statistically sucks more and who has not punted in an NFL game since 2016. Genius.

Just did some quick research and uh....what stats are you looking at? Darr has higher yards per punt and net averages than Schmidt.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He was punting better than Bojo the clown. Bizarre???

Schmidt's hangtime is non existent. He was strong pinning opponents back when punting from up the field a bit (say like our 35 or 40) but was not able to flip the field if the offense sputtered out deep. Without hangtime distance means nothing. If you kick it 60 yards but your coverage guys aren't there because it was on a rope, you've accomplished nothing.

14 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

He had many more bad ones -- it was brutal to watch him at the stadium. I don't think this was a bad move.

we miss that angle watching at home on TV

we are stuck with the announcer's comments and the reaction of the players

Edited by row_33

Darr hasn't punted in an NFL game for 22 months.  I am sure they had him in for a workout and were favorably impressed but I see a lot of things that could go bad here....like..

Bills have arguably the best kicker in the league and they keep changing his holder

If this is more than one week in the sun in Miami, this guy has little experience punting in bad weather.  He was Tennessee's punter in college. 

However, he did put 2 inside the 20 (on three kicks) in the November 2015 game at the Ralph and  3 inside the 20 with a great average on 5 kicks in 2016 (December 24) Bills home game. So what the hell do I know?   I hope the tryout included some outside kicks in the weather today or yesterday.  ☃️

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Isn’t Schmidt a sure handed holder for Haush too ? They must really hate the guys game, jeez.  

they can take it for granted anyone can be a decent holder for the kicker....