Bills Release P Colton Schmidt

BigBuff423

5 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

Hey, who says they are done with this ???

I'd say Brandon Beane has found himself a dream job here in Buffalo and won't stop fiddling with the gears until there's

nobody left sitting on the couch, watching TV.

He's dabbling this season like it's a video game, or something...........

It certainly feels that way at times. I'm actually a Bills and Mariners fan. Nothing compares to Jerry Dipoto's 38 trades in three years and trading, then re-acquiring multiple players. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Remember when they also signed Jon Ryan, 5 min after he got cut by the Seahawks?

me neither but it happened. I think he played in one preseason game and got the ax. 

Yep! Played in 1 preseason game, then he and Schmidt both got cut and they signed Bojo who hadn't punted at all in the preseason.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I only remember the one good punt (watching on tv) so based on everyone’s assessment who was at the game, see ya Schmitty!

i'm astounded how people who never mentioned this at all now go on hot takes about how they knew this was going to happen and was 100% justified

LOL

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

He wasn't getting height on his punts Sunday.  Too much potential for returns.  So they decided to look elsewhere.  Assuming the holding for Hauschka is still OK (which is the only real concern), no big deal.

House money and Darr will practice about 500 times this week. Not at all concerned about the holding

Darr has done it before and I'm sure he can figure it out by Sunday

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

House money and Darr will practice about 500 times this week. Not at all concerned about the holding

Darr has done it before and I'm sure he can figure it out by Sunday

Agreed.  They don't make this move unless they know the holding situation is OK.

18 hours ago, LTF said:

So when do the Bills resign Nathan Peterman so they can cut him again? This GM is clueless.  All he is saying is he resigned a guy and then that guy wasn't good enough. That says more about the GM than the punter.

I think it was - the one guys injured, lets bring back the other guy from camp.  Honestly seems entirely logical.  No bonus money so its literally just swapping out game checks.

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is just disgusting and unnecessary - I do not understand why this fan base thinks this way.

A below average punter that they tried to replace in training camp, but his competition was injured.  They did replace him prior to game 1 with a better kicker, but he gets hurt.  Now they try to replace him again - what is not to understand - they do not feel he is good enough and is not doing his job.

Why is it always something about sex that someone loses their job or this guy must have a sex tape of the coach or else they would replace/cut him.  Why can it not be that the coaching staff and the GM actually evaluate these players after every game with the knowledge of what they told them to do and decide when they want to make replacements.

They knew Teller was the future at guard, but did not think he was ready early in the season - must be Ducasse has something on McDermott.  They knew the WRs needed upgrading, but were working with the raw talents of a guy like Foster, they knew the punter needed upgrading (we are on punter number 3) - must be the starter did something to the coaches daughter.  WHY?

Just terrible - they are churning the bottom 1/4 of the roster like a middling team should looking to get better and perhaps find guys to compete in the future.

The worst part of this entire quote is the age of McDermotts daughter - it is just so inappropriate.

Thank you for stating what lots of us are thinking.   There are lots of bold and brazen people behind keyboards these days.  Either that or what passes as humor has reached rock bottom. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is just disgusting and unnecessary - I do not understand why this fan base thinks this way.

A below average punter that they tried to replace in training camp, but his competition was injured.  They did replace him prior to game 1 with a better kicker, but he gets hurt.  Now they try to replace him again - what is not to understand - they do not feel he is good enough and is not doing his job.

Why is it always something about sex that someone loses their job or this guy must have a sex tape of the coach or else they would replace/cut him.  Why can it not be that the coaching staff and the GM actually evaluate these players after every game with the knowledge of what they told them to do and decide when they want to make replacements.

They knew Teller was the future at guard, but did not think he was ready early in the season - must be Ducasse has something on McDermott.  They knew the WRs needed upgrading, but were working with the raw talents of a guy like Foster, they knew the punter needed upgrading (we are on punter number 3) - must be the starter did something to the coaches daughter.  WHY?

Just terrible - they are churning the bottom 1/4 of the roster like a middling team should looking to get better and perhaps find guys to compete in the future.

The worst part of this entire quote is the age of McDermotts daughter - it is just so inappropriate.

its joke, lighten up Francis

i didnt even know he had a daughter.

The point being why do they keep cutting him without a suitable replacement.

if this is too offensive to you then might want to go someplace else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

its joke, lighten up Francis

i didnt even know he had a daughter.

The point being why do they keep cutting him without a suitable replacement.

if this is too offensive to you then might want to go someplace else.

No the point is he has like an 8 year old daughter - so what you said was extremely illegal and gross.

If you want to argue that they should not cut him without a replacement say that - the “joke” about him getting cut for some sexual reason is just in bad taste and unnecessary.

There was no reason to go where you went - even if it is a joke and the fact that they hav cut him multiple times with a replacement should tell you exactly what they think of his punting.

Let’s go through the facts - he was in a competition with Cory in Training Camp that many media members said that there was a good chance that Cory was going to win.  Cory got hurt - leaving only Colton left. 

Did the Bills just keep him - nope they had tryouts and brought in Jon Ryan for a game to compete.  When neither of them were acceptable both Colton and Jon end up cut before game 1 and the new Corey was brought in.

People on here complained, but he did not have a drop off and was better than we are seeing from Colton even as a rookie.  Then he gets hurt.  The Bills turn back to Colton to ensure a transition, but they continue to look for other punters.  It is obvious that Colton is good on placement of short punts, but they are losing field position on every exchange of punts  - so they are looking for a different replacement level player.

After the terrible job last week with hang time - they decide to make a change again.  This new guy might be better - might be worse - might be the same, but if he is not better - my guess is they bring more guys in and try again.  This team can not have an area that they just accept as bad because you have a familiar name.  They are looking at a bunch of positions and starting rookies/1st year guys and trying to see what they have going forward - good for them. Just look at WR - the number of snaps for the established guys is way down, while rookies are way up.

Look and entire discussion about why I think they cut him and no reason involved anything sexual - it is an actual football discussion on a football board - with real observations.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3