Bills Release P Colton Schmidt

BigBuff423

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Agree.  I saw it too and commented during the game how much better I thought Bojorquez was.  Schmidt just has no hang time on his long punts, they don't ever have to fair catch when he lets them go and we always seem to be giving up decent returns.  Sure, it looks like he has a good average, but when you take into account the return, it sucks.

Yeah he is good at placing short punts but it’s the lack of hang time on his long ones that are hurting the coverage!!

8 hours ago, LTF said:

There are 6 games left and the Bills are getting rid of a punter who had 7 punts and an average punt of 44.9 yards this past weekend?  Those are not great stats, but changing a punter now is ridiculous.  This accomplishes what exactly? 

If this is about some Edge to get on the Dolphins this weekend that is pretty pathetic.  Guys are going to begin wondering if this GM and Coach have any idea what they are doing.

You really took this roster move and ran with it, huh?

Dunno how I feel about this...Colton was not great, but a known commodity.

They signed Matt Darr who's gross stats are marginally better than Colton's, but he did not make the Dolphin squad and has been out of it for a while. You have to assume he has a bit more hang time and is a stop-gap measure till they get Bojorquez back. Not many games left and they may just be looking for a spark for ST.

Schmidt was certainly not one of the better punters in the NFL and I understand the need to try to upgrade the position, but I can't help feeling for the guy. That said, I'm not sure Darr is an upgrade. I thought we might draft a punter in the 6th or 7th round last year, but maybe there wasn't anyone they liked well enough.

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Drew Kaser is better than both of these guys. I wonder why he didn't get a look. The job is Bojorquez's anyway I suppose. 

Hey, who says they are done with this ???

I'd say Brandon Beane has found himself a dream job here in Buffalo and won't stop fiddling with the gears until there's

nobody left sitting on the couch, watching TV.

He's dabbling this season like it's a video game, or something...........

Edited by B Fan in LA

12 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Schmidt will be back next week after the Dolphin's playbook has been copied.

? It’s either this (sign cut punters from upcoming competition for the playbook) or Colton has pics of McDermott with a goat..

I’m not sure this yo-yo crap with Schmidt is because he’s terrible. It doesn’t make ANY sense to keep bringing him back if this is so. 

Anyway, far more important -and I didn’t notice Sunday, was he holding for XPTs & FGs? He had been doing that prior to changing his NY Unemployment status 4x and we have the very best PK in the League. NOTHING is worthy of messing with this! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nanker said:

What happened to Bojo?

IR'd with a wrecked knee :(

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He had 2 punts that went about 5 yards off the ground at peak.

The cruise missle  flies low for stealth ;) 

Under the radar punting is here ;) 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

? It’s either this (sign cut punters from upcoming competition for the playbook) or Colton has pics of McDermott with a goat..

I’m not sure this yo-yo crap with Schmidt is because he’s terrible. It doesn’t make ANY sense to keep bringing him back if this is so. 

Anyway, far more important -and I didn’t notice Sunday, was he holding for XPTs & FGs? He had been doing that prior to changing his NY Unemployment status 4x and we have the very best PK in the League. NOTHING is worthy of messing with this! 

Was it Thurmans goat? ;)

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Thank god. Schmidt was terrible before, terrible the second time. Don’t give him a 3rd chance please 

Wasn't this his 3rd chance? We cut Moorman for Schmidt.  Brought Moorman back.  Schmidt Came back after Moorman again.  Then Boroquez.  Then Schmidt again.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What the Hell ?? Did Schmidt bang McD 's daughter.

This is just disgusting and unnecessary - I do not understand why this fan base thinks this way.

A below average punter that they tried to replace in training camp, but his competition was injured.  They did replace him prior to game 1 with a better kicker, but he gets hurt.  Now they try to replace him again - what is not to understand - they do not feel he is good enough and is not doing his job.

Why is it always something about sex that someone loses their job or this guy must have a sex tape of the coach or else they would replace/cut him.  Why can it not be that the coaching staff and the GM actually evaluate these players after every game with the knowledge of what they told them to do and decide when they want to make replacements.

They knew Teller was the future at guard, but did not think he was ready early in the season - must be Ducasse has something on McDermott.  They knew the WRs needed upgrading, but were working with the raw talents of a guy like Foster, they knew the punter needed upgrading (we are on punter number 3) - must be the starter did something to the coaches daughter.  WHY?

Just terrible - they are churning the bottom 1/4 of the roster like a middling team should looking to get better and perhaps find guys to compete in the future.

The worst part of this entire quote is the age of McDermotts daughter - it is just so inappropriate.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1