Bills Release P Colton Schmidt

BigBuff423

1 minute ago, LTF said:

There are 6 games left and the Bills are getting rid of a punter who had 7 punts and an average punt of 44.9 yards this past weekend?  Those are not great stats, but changing a punter now is ridiculous.  This accomplishes what exactly? 

Could be a one week type of move?  Maybe he's a really good punter in miami?  Who knows...?  

Shouldn't really be a surprise that they cut the same guy they cut before the season started in favor of an undrafted rookie.  Schmidt just hasn't been good -- don't let the two bouncing punts misplayed by Jacksonville on Sunday fool you.

• Like (+1) 4

I noticed from the stands Sunday that, while he had those great punts to pin the Jags deep, overall he was pretty crappy. Even people around me noticed a lot of the punts wobbled and didn't go very deep. 

7 minutes ago, LTF said:

There are 6 games left and the Bills are getting rid of a punter who had 7 punts and an average punt of 44.9 yards this past weekend?  Those are not great stats, but changing a punter now is ridiculous.  This accomplishes what exactly? 

If this is about some Edge to get on the Dolphins this weekend that is pretty pathetic.  Guys are going to begin wondering if this GM and Coach have any idea what they are doing.

I highly doubt this. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I noticed from the stands Sunday that, while he had those great punts to pin the Jags deep, overall he was pretty crappy. Even people around me noticed a lot of the punts wobbled and didn't go very deep. 

I highly doubt this. 

Why? You see any other teams in the league switching their punter who averaged 45 yards a punt for a guy that has even a worse average? Players do wonder when coaches and GM's bring in guys who are not very good.  Matt Darr is not a good punter and he has not punted in an NFL game since 2016. Move makes no sense.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That carter kid in preseason was punting it real well. It sucks that he got hurt in a meaningless preseason game on a meaningless play. Would have probably only needed 1punter all year if he didn’t get rolled up on 

I agree, I think Cory Carter was your opening day starter if he didn't get hurt. Then, they have had to scramble.

12 minutes ago, LTF said:

If this is about some Edge to get on the Dolphins this weekend that is pretty pathetic.  Guys are going to begin wondering if this GM and Coach have any idea what they are doing.

Did you attend the game?  Schmidt was atrocious.  His hangtime is terrible.  I thought the punts into the wind were low trajectory by design, and the results on those kicks were good.  Otherwise, he was brutal. 

• Like (+1) 2