Would you take Marcell Dareus back?

Protocal69

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No, he has a weak back.

And a weak attitude. 

My father used to tell me I was needed, he had a job that called for a strong back and a weak mind. Should I have taken that personally? 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

May I ask why you'd suspect this?

He did say he cried when we traded him 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

And a weak attitude. 

My father used to tell me I was needed, he had a job that called for a strong back and a weak mind. Should I have taken that personally? 

My father used to call me for jobs that required a strong back and a hard head ?

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..um, didn't he already prove his worth (LESSNESS) here on the first trip through?....

He was great until he got the huge deal. That’s my point: you can’t give this guy a huge deal, he has to be in constant ‘prove it’ mode else he’ll slack. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, WhoTom said:

If the Jags cut him and he's willing to sign a one-year "prove it" deal, then sure, I'd take him back. I doubt that happens, though.

I agree but I don't think you can offer Dareus a huge guaranteed contract. He needs to stay on 1 year deals with escalators based on performance that can make him a top 3 paid player if he hits them.

No way, barring a 180 in work ethic and professionalism, and maybe a "prove it" contract.  But IMO, not worth the hassle.  Even if he is a good soldier now, and is willing to do the Star L thing (eat blockers, free up linebackers), how much is that worth?  I really want to know what was going on behind the scenes, because you can laugh at McDermott's process all you want but you even had Coach Daycare (Rex Ryan) also badmouthing Dareus.

The Bills created this monster; after wasting a ton of money of Mario Williams, they doubled down and gave Dareus a ridiculous contract.  What was it, 60 million guaranteed?  I remember Belichick throwing shade at the Bills, saying something along the lines of "that's a lot of money to pay a defensive tackle..."

Either way, Dareus wins.  If he was smart with his money (would be shocking), the Jags could release him next year and he could walk away from the game with no major injuries, content to live a very comfortable life; "generational" wealth if he plays it right.  Or he could keep playing, I'm sure someone would take a flier on him but it doesn't have to be the Bills.

Edited by technobot

10 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He should not have been traded.

McD would rather cut than coach

Dareus will get paid far more than people on this board think.  Look how much Buffalo paid for Star.  Dareus will find someone to pay him.

I like the kid but it is better to just move forward.  

He is uncoachable