Should we have traded Shady back to Philly?

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i agree but  his motivation is chasing records and i'm sorry shady,  you ain't getting over 20 carries a game any more.  maybe with a much improved line he could look like his old self,

but can he?...and at what cost?  i hope kyle and lorax come back for one more year.

I agree.  Especially regarding Kyle and Lorax.  They provide a critical veteran presence for our defense.   Both are still effective in their mud 30's.  Amazing.

I'm just curious -- Has the actual offer from Philadelphia ever been leaked/reported? If so, does anyone have a link? I can see both sides of the argument, and I lean towards the side of keeping Shady, but I could be swayed depending on the draft pick offered. Without knowing with certainty what was offered, I can't provide a strong opinion.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McCoy showed that he's still plenty explosive against the NYJ.  He's a home run hitter that the Bills need for big plays from and I expect his production to return once they get better on the OL with C/G as positions in need of upgrade. Bottom line is he's in the plans for 2019.

He has what 3 runs over 20 yards this year.. so much for home runs.  Ivory has played better, takes less negative runs.

We need to get younger at the position next year.. whether he is back or not.  Good teams don't build around 30 year old backs.

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Agree.

Bills best move is to upgrade their OL and WR options in 2019 offseason which will really help McCoy. Draft a RB to pair with McCoy who will have a cheap salary and carry the load, and when you combine Shady's 8M and the rookie's low salary, Shady's cap hit is manageable.

I don't understand why Marcus Murphy isn't more involved he's averaging 5.5ypc. He needs more carries.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

In McCoy's defense, he has not had plenty of opportunities this season. With the exception of the Jets game (in which Shady played well), all of the games in which Josh Allen did NOT start wound up being blowouts where the running game went out the door rather quickly. In the games where Josh has started, defenses have ascribed to the strategy of loading the box and forcing Josh to beat them. If you are a defensive coordinator, you are going to identify Shady as the team's biggest threat and game-plan to stop him. A few more big plays like we had against the Jags on Sunday, and maybe teams will start to respect the pass a bit more. Also, another thing to note: when the pocket breaks down Josh's first instinct is to run, which worked out well on Sunday. A nice wrinkle for Dabol to add would be to mix in more dump-offs to McCoy (I believe there was only one of these against the Jags).

I would like to see more read option plays like what Baltimore is doing with Lamar Jackson/Gus Edwards.

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He has what 3 runs over 20 yards this year.. so much for home runs.  Ivory has played better, takes less negative runs.

We need to get younger at the position next year.. whether he is back or not.  Good teams don't build around 30 year old backs.

They are building around Josh Allen irrespective of McCoy being on the team. That much is crystal clear.

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I would like to see more read option plays like what Baltimore is doing with Lamar Jackson/Gus Edwards.

That’s a horrible idea. See RG3. Passing is too easy now, pass the freaking ball. After the Bills revamp the oline I hope Allen is only running a few times a game.

24 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That’s a horrible idea. See RG3. Passing is too easy now, pass the freaking ball. After the Bills revamp the oline I hope Allen is only running a few times a game.

Obviously will love to just pass the ball but with the talent around him right now, Daboll is going to need to manufacture offense anyway he can as Allen gains experience.

Edited by billieve420

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think his value to this team goes a bit deeper than the stats. He's been big pumping up Josh Allen, and he has the credibility to do so. I think it has a bit to do with Josh's swagger. I don't want to lose that for a 4th round pick. 

Facts. He is way more valuable in the locker room than a pick is on the field atm.

Plus i his stats the last 2 years havent really been his fault. The offensive roster was terrible.

Anybody really watching the games and not just the stat sheet knows this.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think they release him in the offseason.  I can’t see him taking a pay cut to stay here in a limited role and I can’t see Bean paying him 8+ million next year.  

This is true. Enjoy watching Shady because this will be his last season as a Bill, along with Clay & Benjamin. I have no doubt we'll draft another RB to go with Murphy & Ivory. McCoy does have very little to run through, but he now does that Shady shoulder shuffle well before any defender approaches. He's done.