Was Baker Mayfield a DOUCHE Yesterday?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just my opinion, at this point it already has.  Mayfield is not motivating himself against an upcoming opponent or current criticism of his game.

He is carrying around a grudge against a twice-fired dude he will no longer deal with either as a coach or a likely opponent's coach.

He needs to read the story about the two monks and the woman and take it to heart.

Nice parable. Thanks for sharing.

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't mind brash QB's, but this fixation with Jackson has reached the point where it's borderline creepy.

Let is go dude.

The only person that can derail Mayfield's career is Mayfield.

I think that's pretty much it.

Mayfield uses every time he's been 'dissed or 'scorned as motivation.  But at some point there has to be a mechanism to let some of it go and move on, or it will eventually interfere with his ability to advance and improve.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mayfield uses every time he's been 'dissed or 'scorned as motivation.  But at some point there has to be a mechanism to let some of it go and move on, or it will eventually interfere with his ability to advance and improve.

He also has a vendetta vs kliff kingsbury... I need to see when they next play the cardinals 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/baker-mayfield-details-strained-relationship-with-coach-kliff-kingsbury-while-at-texas-tech/amp/

edit: welp - it’s  this season ?

Edited by YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, it definitely seems to help him that he thinks everyone is against him.  I think he is legit but man, he comes across as a little d bag. 

I’m tough on Allen but I very much prefer how he handles slights as opposed to how Baker does.  Me thinks Baker has bit of napoleon syndrome.

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

When someone sucks at their job you most definitely call them out on it.

We used to call that a "CLM"

"Career limiting move" that is

Either it must work in some professions to some extent, or you ain't got much of one (profession)

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh and ?

Almost makes me feel sorry for Rosen.

If he's hired, scratch the "almost". 

Meh, who cares?  It's all part of the entertainment aspect of the NFL.

My guess is that Hue told Mayfield, repeatedly, that TT was his starter for this season.  I'm sure Mayfield let Hue know that, as a single win coach in 2 full seasons, Hue was making a mistake.

Sure enough, when TT goes down in week 3 and Mayfield goes on to win the game, Hue's fate is sealed.

How many times can you be told by the worst NFL coach in history that you're not (yet) the guy, when everyone else can see that you are?

I have no problem with him dumping, repeatedly, on Jackson.  Small price for Hue to pay for wasting the time of that franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh and ?

They ended up hiring Tom Clements as passing game coordinator. I guess they won’t have an official OC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011665/article/cardinals-hiring-clements-as-passing-game-coordinator

Arizona is hiring Tom Clements as its passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero on Saturday. 

There is not expected to be an offensive coordinator, as far as a title is concerned, in Arizona. 

The Cardinals had been looking for an offensive coordinator as recently as Friday when they interviewed former Browns coach Hue Jackson for the job. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Really don’t see what the issue is here as none of this is really some kind of OMG moment.  I mean players criticize ex coaches and players all the time.  Today, players have mics in their face from media and wannabe media all day and night being baited to say click bait stuff.  

Also, younger players grew up with social media as an outlet to be expressive, so not really a shock when young players say something edgy in social media.

Personally, who really cares anyway?  Why do fans hang on every word now and over analyze and characterize people off every sound bite?  They are football players, all I care about is how they play football.  It’s a game, entertainment, etc...not life.  As long as they aren’t committing crimes, I could really care less about what they of coaches say.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really don’t see what the issue is here as none of this is really some kind of OMG moment.  I mean players criticize ex coaches and players all the time.  Today, players have mics in their face from media and wannabe media all day and night being baited to say click bait stuff.  

Also, younger players grew up with social media as an outlet to be expressive, so not really a shock when young players say something edgy in social media.

Personally, who really cares anyway?  Why do fans hang on every word now and over analyze and characterize people off every sound bite?  They are football players, all I care about is how they play football.  It’s a game, entertainment, etc...not life.  As long as they aren’t committing crimes, I could really care less about what they of coaches say.  

Yup, agree AD7, I really don't care. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think he called out Jackson for going to a rival in the division, after being fired. Baker left for a conference rival in college, but Jackson is feeding his family and paying bills with that job. It's like Baker dreams about Jackson in his sleep. That's unhealthy. The NFL has a way of slapping people in the face with karma. Hope he gets B word slapped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So if Daboll or McDermott get fired, you would be cool with Allen doing this?  Like I said earlier, I’m tough on Allen but I really respect the way he handles his critics.  

Its tough because obviously this is fuel for Baker.  But what goes around, comes around.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if Daboll or McDermott get fired, you would be cool with Allen doing this?  Like I said earlier, I’m tough on Allen but I really respect the way he handles his critics.  

Its tough because obviously this is fuel for Baker.  But what goes around, comes around.  

Yes I would truthfully feel the same way unless he was being outlandish or inappropriate.  In fact all of us would likely be saying “Well he isn’t wrong” and the post getting like 20 thumbs ups, 8 trophies, and 7 beers.  

As long as he is a good teammate and good in the locker room, I don’t care what his opinions are about people who got fired.  I mean they were fired for a reason, so don’t have an issue if players are honest.

However, do I prefer how Josh Allen handles it, yes absolutely and totally agree with you that he’s great at it.  But to each their own, some people handle things differently, so not going to judge or condem how another man approaches those questions as long as they are not crossing some lines and he’s a good teammate and player for the guys currently in the locker room.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1