Was Baker Mayfield a DOUCHE Yesterday?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But he just couldn’t stop there. For some reason he

felt the need to jump in the comments section of a “First Take” post Monday on Instagram about the need for him to grow up.

There’s obviously no quicker way to show you’re growing up than to call your former coach “fake” on Instagram! Seriously, why is any NFL quarterback wasting their time in the comments section on Instagram? You don’t take to social media in order to air out your dirty laundry. This is the NFL, stop acting liking a teenage girl

Didn’t realize he was so insecure. Not a desirable trait in a QB, imo. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to a real controversy in the future. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Didn’t realize he was so insecure. Not a desirable trait in a QB, imo. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to a real controversy in the future. 

We can pull up the threads... it was the ONLY thing I didn’t like about him as a Prospect. He used to constantly search his name on Twitter and respond to anyone who dared criticize him. He could not handle it.  I thought it was a poor trait for a nfl QB. Jmo. Otherwise I was all in. Maybe it won’t matter at all to his success. But this is nothing new. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We can pull up the threads... it was the ONLY thing I didn’t like about him as a Prospect. He used to constantly search his name on Twitter and respond to anyone who dared criticize him. He could not handle it.  I thought it was a poor trait for a nfl QB. Jmo. Otherwise I was all in. Maybe it won’t matter at all to his success. But this is nothing new. 

Now that you mention it, yeah, I recall those threads now. He’s a terrific QB and he should let his play do the talking. But if he has to derive validation from social media comments, he’s in for a world of criticism. I don’t know about a QB who’s so easily trolled. 

Edited by K-9

sounded to me like a leader, of his city, his organization and his team.

If it had been our team, and the coach gone to New England ... and the QB suddenly flourished after the coach left? Buffalonians would be bursting with pride. Don't fool yourself.

Like I said when he was in the draft - I would have looked forward to the day he waved the team flag in the end zone in Gillette. Good luck to him in Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much disrespect for Faker Gayfield around here, tbh

Better watch out, Wannabe Marky Markfield might cyberstalk you to call you out for picking on him, and then when you try to give him a man hug to make peace he might reject your advances and question your career choices.

Image result for baker mayfield underwear

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transient said:

Better watch out, Wannabe Marky Markfield might cyberstalk you to call you out for picking on him, and then when you try to give him a man hug to make peace he might reject your advances and question your career choices.

Image result for baker mayfield underwear

Gotta have the tiger on a leash? What a wimp. 

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

BS. Hue Jackson threw his players, assistant coaches and front office under the bus repeatedly to cover his own ineptitude. That includes revising history and outright lying.  For example, Sashi wanted Wentz at 2 and Hue didn’t.  They traded out for Hue, but that’s not what he put in the media after Wentz blew up. Then there’s all of the crap hue said about players, FO and assistants after he got fired. Baker was restrained. 

So Mayfield is salty at Hue because Hue didn't want Wentz?

All he had to do was be polite for 30 seconds and he couldn't manage.

14 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

All it shows me is he is an ultra competitor like Brady and Brees, and like Peyton Manning was.  That is what you want in a QB imo.

Well, I disagree.  I think it shows Mayfield has very thin skin and will allow himself to be readily drawn into distracting media drama.

Right now it's NBD and apparently motivational for him, but at some point I think it's very likely to bite him in the butt or become overwhelming.

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think there's a few things at play, here.

1.  Mayfield is young and perhaps a bit immature.

2.  Mayfield, at his age, may not realize that a man Hue Jackson's age isn't going to have many opportunities in the NFL; especially after getting fired after a Peterman-esque career in Cleveland.

3.  Mayfield is trying to win over a team and a fan base.  On the heels of throwing 4 TDs and no INTs, he took an opportunity to pound his chest one more time that day.

I would be shocked that, 5+ years down the road, Mayfield wouldn't have handled it with a tad more grace/subtlety and professionalism.  

But he's a kid.  I don't think he crossed any lines.  That said, if he came out with those remarks as a seasoned vet, I'd likely feel differently.

I love that line! Add it to the dictionary and define it as a "consistent and utter failure". Hue pulled a Peterman at Cleveland in every way!!

• Haha (+1) 1