Hire Kliff Kingsbury

C.Biscuit97

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he has a OC job right now and that college team will not allow him to interview for any other jobs.. (it was reported that he was on a short list to replace McDaniels if he had left for GB)

That has since changed. He is being allowed to interview for head coaching jobs. Reportedly, he threatened to resign if USC didn't let him interview. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he has a OC job right now and that college team will not allow him to interview for any other jobs.. (it was reported that he was on a short list to replace McDaniels if he had left for GB)

Yeah, he’s been taking nfl interviews.  Personally, I’d rather be the OC of USC and hope to get the head job one day.  But you strike when the iron is hot.

53 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not enamored with Daboll.  But given the way McD moved-on from Dennison I think he'd be inclined to move-on from Daboll if he felt it were necessary.

As for KK, I'd rather see him perform in the NFL first before making him an OC.  Never mind a HC.

Imo, he can’t fire Daboll.  Daboll had a worst offense than Dennison, even though fans said that wasn’t possible.  But how many coaches can have 3 OCs in 3 years and survive?

and I totally get your thinking but IMo, great teams think outside the box.  You go for a KK because you see the potential of having the guy who had Mahomes work with your raw QB (I think Mahomes had like 15 rushing tds his last year too).

strive to be great. Too many times, the Bills just settle for average at best.  Is there one thing on Daboll’s resume that indicates he will ever coach a great offense? Personally, I’d rather take my chances with a potential 10 who might have a terrible attitude than settle for the 4 with little upside.  I wish the Bills thought like that.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) Leach won double digits once in 10 years at Tech.  

2) he is now a 39 year old guy with head coaching experience.  Again, college is completely different from the nfl.  It’s why Saban (is he washed up???) couldn’t dominate in college.

im not advocating to fire SM.  But I think you need to do everything to maximize your young qb.  In a perfect world, With a young QBs, take the young offensive head coach and veteran DC over the other scenario.  I think Arizona screwed Wilkes but hiring Kingsbury would make a lot of sense for them.

Double digits is a great stat for nfl but not college - they only play a 12 game regular season. He had a .661 winning percentage. He was a successful coach at Tech. KK was not and didn’t last long. Maybe he’s a better fit for the nfl? I just don’t know what indicates that. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He reportedly wouldn’t have considered an OC job in the NFL. HC only. 

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, he’s been taking nfl interviews.  Personally, I’d rather be the OC of USC and hope to get the head job one day.  But you strike when the iron is hot.

Imo, he can’t fire Daboll.  Daboll had a worst offense than Dennison, even though fans said that wasn’t possible.  But how many coaches can have 3 OCs in 3 years and survive?

and I totally get your thinking but IMo, great teams think outside the box.  You go for a KK because you see the potential of having the guy who had Mahomes work with your raw QB (I think Mahomes had like 15 rushing tds his last year too).

strive to be great. Too many times, the Bills just settle for average at best.  Is there one thing on Daboll’s resume that indicates he will ever coach a great offense? Personally, I’d rather take my chances with a potential 10 who might have a terrible attitude than settle for the 4 with little upside.  I wish the Bills thought like that.

He can most definitely fire Daboll.  The main problems on offense were that the OL lost 3 starters from last year and it had a rookie QB, none of which were McD's fault per se.  With last year's OL, this team goes 9-7 again at least, but probably just misses-out on the playoffs.

And I don't think the Bills don't strive to be great.  I think that many top coaches don't want to be in Buffalo.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) Leach won double digits once in 10 years at Tech.  

2) he is now a 39 year old guy with head coaching experience.  Again, college is completely different from the nfl.  It’s why Saban (is he washed up???) couldn’t dominate in college.

im not advocating to fire SM.  But I think you need to do everything to maximize your young qb.  In a perfect world, With a young QBs, take the young offensive head coach and veteran DC over the other scenario.  I think Arizona screwed Wilkes but hiring Kingsbury would make a lot of sense for them.

You don’t think Daboll maximized Josh Allen?  Considering our OL is garbage, our OL coach was garbage, our #1 WR was the worst #1 wr ever, the rest of our WRs and TE we’re garbage for the majority of the year, dropping multiple important passes.  He still put up solid numbers and turned into a true dual threat once Robert Foster decided he wanted to catch some passes.  Give him and OL and some guys that can actually catch his passes and I think Daboll is going to do pretty good.  Maybe not McVayesque, but finding that kind of HC is easier said that done

24 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I think Daboll did enough this season to earn another year at his job. Kingsbury is interviewing for HC positions in the NFL, not OC. 

We were 3rd last on offense. And here are Daboll’s career nfl OC finishes:  32, 29, 22!!!, 24, and 30.  I’m sure he is a nice dude and knows a lot about football, but we really can’t do better???

well Arizona just hired him (LA and now Arizona, lucky dude).  I pray that Daboll + Allen > Kliffsbury + Rosen.  Hopefully, it will be but at least Arizona is fully investing in their young qb. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We were 3rd last on offense. And here are Daboll’s career nfl OC finishes:  32, 29, 22!!!, 24, and 30.  I’m sure he is a nice dude and knows a lot about football, but we really can’t do better???

well Arizona just hired him (LA and now Arizona, lucky dude).  I pray that Daboll + Allen > Kliffsbury + Rosen.  Hopefully, it will be but at least Arizona is fully investing in their young qb. 

I mean they hired him so they have to give him a chance and this year was not a great one to evaluate him what with a bad O-line, bad receivers, and a rookie QB.

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Lets keep this thread going in 2019 monitoring his progress at Arizona...

I hope he has been paid well to get involved with that clown show..