Hire Kliff Kingsbury

C.Biscuit97

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As a UCLA fan (alum), this is gonna be fun. Not sure people were paying attention, but UCLA's offense really started clicking late in the season. They're a young squad and will improve. Nice matchup between Kelly and Kingsbury going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As a UCLA fan (alum), this is gonna be fun. Not sure people were paying attention, but UCLA's offense really started clicking late in the season. They're a young squad and will improve. Nice matchup between Kelly and Kingsbury going forward. 

Hey Dave , quick question. Did Wilton play much this year and was he any good?

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The pac 12 really needs a kick start. They are an afterthought right now. This helps a lot I actually think usc will be pretty good next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey Dave , quick question. Did Wilton play much this year and was he any good?

He was OK; he played about half of the season (the second half; he had a back injury in the first game) and the team put up points. He didn't throw many TDs, but this was a team with hardly any senior production. They're rebuilding. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My dude gets hired by USC (seems super awesome), now is getting nfl head coaching interviews.

but yeah, Buffalo doesn’t need him. We need continuity with Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll.  We are the Bills.  Let’s just be happy we have a team!!! ?

As OC?  Sure.  HC...yeah, no.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

As OC?  Sure.  HC...yeah, no.

I’d rather have him as OC.  But I think if you have a strong offensive  head coach, it is a lot easier to find a good DC than be a defensive coach and have a strong DC.

im not advocating for him as a head coach here.  I believe we are going to settle for an OC because SM failed with his his first choice. IMO, you need to go all out for your qb and we are settling. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d rather have him as OC.  But I think if you have a strong offensive  head coach, it is a lot easier to find a good DC than be a defensive coach and have a strong DC.

im not advocating for him as a head coach here.  I believe we are going to settle for an OC because SM failed with his his first choice. IMO, you need to go all out for your qb and we are settling. 

Right, because Dabol hasn't made any progress developing Allen. 

Kliff is a massive boom or bust prospect.  Everyone is looking for the next Sean McVay, so teams will take a chance on a guy that looks the part.  Kliff may look the part, but he is a long shot.  He is more likely to be Lane Kiffin than Sean McVay.  

I don’t think Daboll and Culver are going anywhere- so I don’t see the Klingsbury coming discussionn staying only at TBD and not moving to OBD.

Edit: had not updated. Just saw he is going to USC. A little surprised. Felt he would go the NFL route for sure.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

39 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Right, because Dabol hasn't made any progress developing Allen. 

Kliff is a massive boom or bust prospect.  Everyone is looking for the next Sean McVay, so teams will take a chance on a guy that looks the part.  Kliff may look the part, but he is a long shot.  He is more likely to be Lane Kiffin than Sean McVay.  

Does winning in the college ranks not even matter anymore in considering these guys for HC jobs? Not even good enough for Texas Tech... 

he he might be a good QB coach and offensive mind in college but he’s proven nothing at the HC level, or the NFL level. I know - let’s make him an nfl HC! 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does winning in the college ranks not even matter anymore in considering these guys for HC jobs? Not even good enough for Texas Tech... 

he he might be a good QB coach and offensive mind in college but he’s proven nothing at the HC level, or the NFL level. I know - let’s make him an nfl HC! 

1) is Tech ever good?  He didn’t lose because his offense.  All college is about is recruiting and you don’t get top recruits to go to Tech.  You don’t have that problem in the nfl.  

2) he worked with Mayfield and Mahomes.  What current coach has better qbs on their resume?

3). Why does Brian Daboll keep getting jobs?  His resume sucks.  LaFleur just got hired by GB after “leading” the Titans to the 27th ranked offense.

despite what we see in Buffalo, it’s an offensive league.  It’s better to have a McVay or Nagy and find a Wade or Vic rather than have a SM and Daboll.  

On 11/26/2018 at 5:24 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

McDermott has shown he knows what he is doing on offense but he has looked terrible with offensive decisions.  Enter Kliff.  He was over his head as a first time head coach but he still had some great offenses.  Coming off getting fired, a nfl OC job is the perfect way to fix his rep.  He has shown a history of developing nfl qbs.  You hire him and let him pick some offensive talent here.  

This regime is all about Josh Allen.  Personally, I think it was an insult risky pick but hiring Daboll, as nice of a guy as he probably is, isn’t going all out for Allen.  Hire a guy with a proven offensive track record.  This is the type of thinking that separates teams like the Rams and the Jags. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/11/25/why-kliff-kingsbury-should-be-the-nfls-next-offensive-coordinator-hire/amp/

Kliff-Kingsbury-Texas-Tech-football-coac

Not a Buffalo kind of coach .... he's got the wrong kind of 6 pack

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) is Tech ever good?  He didn’t lose because his offense.  All college is about is recruiting and you don’t get top recruits to go to Tech.  You don’t have that problem in the nfl.  

2) he worked with Mayfield and Mahomes.  What current coach has better qbs on their resume?

3). Why does Brian Daboll keep getting jobs?  His resume sucks.  LaFleur just got hired by GB after “leading” the Titans to the 27th ranked offense.

despite what we see in Buffalo, it’s an offensive league.  It’s better to have a McVay or Nagy and find a Wade or Vic rather than have a SM and Daboll.  

Yes, Mike Leach won a lot at TT. Kingsbury had Mahomes and went 8-5. He went 35-40 as HC! He got rid of Mayfield - oops. Great evaluator.

What does it have to do with Daboll? I’m talking about HC jobs.

What does it have to do with Buffalo? Do you think I only watch the Bills, or what?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, Mike Leach won a lot at TT. Kingsbury had Mahomes and went 8-5. He went 35-40 as HC!

1) Leach won double digits once in 10 years at Tech.  

2) he is now a 39 year old guy with head coaching experience.  Again, college is completely different from the nfl.  It’s why Saban (is he washed up???) couldn’t dominate in college.

im not advocating to fire SM.  But I think you need to do everything to maximize your young qb.  In a perfect world, With a young QBs, take the young offensive head coach and veteran DC over the other scenario.  I think Arizona screwed Wilkes but hiring Kingsbury would make a lot of sense for them.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm not enamored with Daboll.  But given the way McD moved-on from Dennison I think he'd be inclined to move-on from Daboll if he felt it were necessary.

As for KK, I'd rather see him perform in the NFL first before making him an OC.  Never mind a HC.