Does Danny Crossman Survive This Year?

One thought that went through my mind yesterday: “Wow the Bills special teams have been horrible.”

Stephen Hauschka’s been $$$ but every other. aspect of special teams has struggled including punting, kick returns and kick coverage.  There were several times this year when the ST’s significantly contributed to a Bills loss.

Does anyone think Crossman could be fire.  Remember, he’s the last holdover from the Rex Ryan regime.  He doesn’t have a connection to McDermott like a lot of other coaches do.  I’m wondering if he suffers the same fate as another non-connected coach who struggled last year - Mr. Rick Dennison.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

One thought that went through my mind yesterday: “Wow the Bills special teams have been horrible.”

Stephen Hauschka’s been $$$ but every other. aspect of special teams has struggled including punting, kick returns and kick coverage.  There were several times this year when the ST’s significantly contributed to a Bills loss.

Does anyone think Crossman could be fire.  Remember, he’s the last holdover from the Rex Ryan regime.  He doesn’t have a connection to McDermott like a lot of other coaches do.  I’m wondering if he suffers the same fate as another non-connected coach who struggled last year - Mr. Rick Dennison.  

Hell, he's a MARRONE holdover.

I don't understand how he remains employed.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

No! Not even House money or McKenzie can save him from his obvious flaws. Too many penalties,  missed tackles and players out of position. Crossman, Castillo  and Culley have to be upgraded. 

I agree but the difference is Castillo and Culley have connections to McDermott.  Crossman did not.  

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Schmidt actually had an excellent game yesterday, especially pinning Jax behind the 5 multiple times. 

But it of course can all change against Miami. 

He had one good punt which was downed inside the 5.  His 6 punts were far from excellent.  I think he has a 40 yard average which is not good.  He has struggled since returning to the roster 

16 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Schmidt actually had an excellent game yesterday, especially pinning Jax behind the 5 multiple times. 

But it of course can all change against Miami. 

He had 2 punts that bounced and were downed inside the 5 - great.

He had 3 punts with little air time and gave up huge returns - luckily they called a penalty on Jac to negate the one return. A second had offsetting penalties to hold off another good return.

He only had 1 fair catch and a touchback.

Overall it is easy to see why they tried to replace him.  

He is way to inconsistent to say he had an excellent game.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Special teams have absolutely sucked. 

You've got that right!  I've always thought that Special Teams had a lot to do with motivating second string players to want to contribute in a facet of the game where they're probably not all that used to playing. You have to remember that most NFL players were at the top of their 'positions' in College.  I've seen very little positive motivational or strategic coaching on the Bills Special Teams this year.