If there was a Re Draft right now, who would you take, Allen or Darnold?

BillsFan130

Allen or Darnold?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Allen or Darnold?

I really like Mayfield, but I think if you put him on this team with these coaches and this line and this running game and these receivers, he wouldn't be doing any better at all than Josh. He'd be more accurate on some short passes, sure, but he would be getting clobbered.  And he would have a lot more INTs imo. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, billsfan11 said:

It’s an interesting question. If Allen turns out to be Big Ben, there’s no way I trade 15 years of that for a few years of A rod. And cheaper salary for at least the next 4 years.

Now of course the big question is can Allen be Big Ben/Newton good.  

Playing the percentages, I would say that Allen becoming a HOFer like those two is fairly low.  I would love to see the results of this on a non Bills board.

this would never happen because GB would never consider it. But if you did it, you can still draft a qb and have him sit under Rodgers.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I really like Mayfield, but I think if you put him on this team with these coaches and this line and this running game and these receivers, he wouldn't be doing any better at all than Josh. He'd be more accurate on some short passes, sure, but he would be getting clobbered.  And he would have a lot more INTs imo. 

Ya Mayfield definitely has a way better supporting cast. Landry, Chubb, Njuko, Calloway. 

They got some descent players for sure

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Playing the percentages, I would say that Allen becoming a HOFer like those two is fairly low.  I would love to see the results of this on a non Bills board.

this would never happen because GB would never consider it. But if you did it, you can still draft a qb and have him sit under Rodgers.

I see what you’re saying. But A rod is what, 35 now and is declining. I know he has like 20 TDS to 1 INT, but he’s got a lot of mileage and his mobility has dropped tremendously which has resulted in a ton of throw a ways.

If this is A rod at 32 and in his prime, then ya it’s a slam dunk and shouldn’t even be a question.

21 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It’s an interesting question. If Allen turns out to be Big Ben, there’s no way I trade 15 years of that for a few years of A rod. And cheaper salary for at least the next 4 years.

Now of course the big question is can Allen be Big Ben/Newton good.  

I agree. The original post about this said to assume Rodgers would play at a similar level as this year for four more years and that Allen shows positive development for the remainder of this season.

I think the knee jerk reaction says it is a no brainer trade to make. But, the potential of Allen developing into "the guy" for Buffalo makes it a pretty interesting question to consider. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Allen's getting clobbered. Just because he's big doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to get nailed by a DE on the blind side. You're just saying Baker is short.. so what they'd both get clobbered.

54 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Allen's getting clobbered. Just because he's big doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to get nailed by a DE on the blind side. You're just saying Baker is short.. so what they'd both get clobbered.

I’m not sure if it’s that so much as it’s a more fair fight if you're about the same size as the DE or LB. But yes, EVERYBODY is taking a beating! 

Edited by Augie

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He is getting clobbered but yes because of his size and his elusiveness and speed, he's not getting clobbered nearly as much as I think Mayfield would be. Mayfield is smart and clever in the pocket but he would be getting killed back there. Josh doesn't get nearly enough credit for no sacks yesterday. That was almost as impressive as the TD run and TD throw. 

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He is getting clobbered but yes because of his size and his elusiveness and speed, he's not getting clobbered nearly as much as I think Mayfield would be. Mayfield is smart and clever in the pocket but he would be getting killed back there. Josh doesn't get nearly enough credit for no sacks yesterday. That was almost as impressive as the TD run and TD throw. 

I mean I'd rather have Baker than Allen, wouldn't really care how he fits on this crap supporting offense. More when they're given weapons. 

That said, so far this season, it's clearly

1. Baker (Brees)

2. Allen (Favre)

3. Lamar (Vick)

4. Darnold (... Eli)

5. Rosen (Chad Pennington??)

And the level of play between all of them is huge. Don't know why this is even a question, Darnold looks like bust city. I'd much rather discuss Baker vs Allen. Allen certainly showed why he's hyped up with such a high ceiling last week. Looks like a Brees clone (Baker) vs a Favre clone (Allen).

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I mean I'd rather have Baker than Allen, wouldn't really care how he fits on this crap supporting offense. More when they're given weapons. 

That said, so far this season, it's clearly

1. Baker

2. Allen

3. Lamar

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

And the level of play between all of them is huge. Don't know why this is even a question, Darnold looks like bust city. I'd much rather discuss Baker vs Allen. Allen certainly showed why he's hyped up with such a high ceiling last week. Looks like a Brees clone (Baker) vs a Favre clone (Allen).

I put it as a question cause I thought it was pretty reasonable. I think a lot of people would say Darnold before the season started. While Allen IMO has out played Darnold So far, Darnold has also had some great games and Allen has had some bad ones.

Also it’s way too early. Calling a QB a bust after 7-8 games sounds pretty crazy. See Jared Goff, Trubisky from recent memory

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I put it as a question cause I thought it was pretty reasonable. I think a lot of people would say Darnold before the season started. While Allen IMO has out played Darnold So far, Darnold has also had some great games and Allen has had some bad ones.

Also it’s way too early. Calling a QB a bust after 7-8 games sounds pretty crazy. See Jared Goff, Trubisky from recent memory

That's true. And I haven't really watched Darnold's best football. He just throws so many interceptions. Yuck. A lot of neutral fans, heck Jets fans I know are preferring Allen to date. I can't really speculate on what I see from them in the future but a rookie JA limiting his picks and not playing checkdown ball is exciting.

Also I don't respect Fisher with Quarterbacks for ****. By that measure we could probably say the same for Todd Bowls.. idk if Trubiskie was really pegged as all that bad IIRC, he was just a little spastic really. Still is but it's pretty fascinating to watch. Idk if it's nerves or what but he has the fastest 5-7 step drop I see on TV and still looks pretty goofy. Fun to watch and a fantastic fantasy QB!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, msw2112 said:

This is off-topic, but Foster was mentioned in the last post.  How did he suddenly develop hands?  He had been cut from the team, then magically re-signed before the Jests game and is now playing lights out.  He always had the speed, but couldn't hang onto a ball to save his life.  What happened?

He was cut? 

Pretty sure he was demoted to the Practice squad. I guess just hard work and good coaching. Props to Beane for calling him and McKenzie up, totally changed the dynamic of the O 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

He was cut? 

Pretty sure he was demoted to the Practice squad. I guess just hard work and good coaching. Props to Beane for calling him and McKenzie up, totally changed the dynamic of the O 

Both Foster and McKenzie got released twice this year, and the idea that we needed speed should have been evident to any high school coach let alone an NFL HC or GM. I think they probably desevere more criticism for that than props. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, dubs said:

I know what you’re getting at but it’s not really applicable unless you assume the Jets took Rosen or Jackson or a non-QB. To make this hypo more applicable to Buffao, you ask the question if the Bills could redraft would they choose Allen, Rosen, Jackson for QBs, that’s it. 

Which is why he asked about the Jets.....

10 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Rookie QB rankings so far.

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Darnold

Rosen

Jackson would easily number 5 for me. As a QB he has been terrible. As soon as defenses get some tape on him, they'll stop the run and the world will wake up to how bad a thrower he is.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Josh Allen has a 63 QB rating and has never completed higher than 56% of his passes.  Yes, I would trade him for Rodgers.  Every non Bills fans would.  

No they wouldn't.

Rodgers clearly doesn't have many years left where many NFL executives thought that Allen has franchise QB capabilities and his play this year hasn't done anything to quell that.    You don't like Allen and that is blinding you.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The reason I had Lamar as my #1 QB in the class and still do is because his running ability is so insanely special that even being a below average passer should be enough for him to be a good starting QB. With the exception of Baker, I don't think any of the other rookies are significantly better throwing the ball than Lamar is right now. In fact, I'm not sure they're better at all.

Thank goodness an opinion is just that. It doesn't have to be backed up by real football knowledge. Even below average football knowledge gets their say.  America, isn't she great.