If there was a Re Draft right now, who would you take, Allen or Darnold?

BillsFan130

Allen or Darnold?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Allen or Darnold?

If there was a re draft at this point in the season, who would you take if you were in the Jets position, Allen or Darnold?

I know I’m biased but I would honestly say Allen.

Darnolds concerns going into the draft were turnovers, and he’s showing nothing to ease that concern.

Allen was obviously very raw coming from a small school so it was a high risk pick. Allen Is showing he can play in this league at a fairly high level and this is with probably the worst weapons in the league.

(I know it’s way too early to judge these QBs right now, this is just a hypothetical question)

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, Codyny13 said:

I would take Allen. I would’ve take Allen before the season as well. Too much upside to ignore, he’s still super raw but the sky can be the limit. That being said, Mayfield was always the guy I wanted.

Ya for sure. I think Mayfield is pretty much the consensus number 1

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

If there was a re draft at this point in the season, who would you take if you were in the Jets position, Allen or Darnold?

I know I’m biased but I would honestly say Allen.

Darnolds concerns going into the draft were turnovers, and he’s showing nothing to ease that concern.

Allen was obviously very raw coming from a small school so it was a high risk pick. Allen Is showing he can play in this league at a fairly high level and this is with probably the worst weapons in the league.

(I know it’s way too early to judge these QBs right now, this is just a hypothetical question)

I know what you’re getting at but it’s not really applicable unless you assume the Jets took Rosen or Jackson or a non-QB. To make this hypo more applicable to Buffao, you ask the question if the Bills could redraft would they choose Allen, Rosen, Jackson for QBs, that’s it. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 2

I was a huge Darnold guy.  I still think he will pan out quite well for the Jets.

But I’d go Allen.  He has a lot of intangibles that you really can’t teach.  

And I love the idea of the Bills and Jets fighting it out for first place in the division over the next decade or so - while the Patriots look up from the cellar.

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

I know what you’re getting at but it’s not even realistic unless you assume the Jets took Rosen or Jackson or a non-QB. The Bills has the choice of Allen, Rosen, Jackson for QBs, that’s it. 

I know. I’m just saying I think it’s very clear cut that most people would take Allen and Darnold over Rosen and Jackson at this point. 

The close question IMO is Allen vs. Darnold right now.

Just like I didn’t add Baker. I assume 99 percent of people would say him over Allen and Darnold right now

Edited by billsfan11

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I was a huge Darnold guy.  I still think he will pan out quite well for the Jets.

But I’d go Allen.  He has a lot of intangibles that you really can’t teach.  

And I love the idea of the Bills and Jets fighting it out for first place in the division over the next decade or so - while the Patriots look up from the cellar.

Still too early to say. Peyton Manning thrown alot of INT in his rookie season. 

Hmmmmm

Either people arent being truthful, or they are very easily swayed.

This would be a VERY lopsided poll in the other direction last july.

I guess it fits with the league being a 'what have you done for me lately ' type situation. 

I like Allen. I like his moxy. I also remember scaring the crap out of my dogs by yelling so loud after the allen pick that they didnt come back into that room for a good hour after the fact - both that they didnt get to #2 and they picked the wrong josh. My wife was a bit more positive however. As i said then, he is now our guy and itll be fun to root for him.... but if i felt that way then im not sure 7 starts should do much either way...

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

Early stats - how about this crappy QB for his first 3 years... name that QB

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate
1 0 15 27 55.6 221 1 3.7 0 0 40 8.2 8.9 14.7 221 94.8
16 16 320 526 60.8 3284 17 3.2 16 3 52 6.2 5.5 10.3 205.3 76.9
11 11 205 356 57.6 2108 11 3.1 15 4.2 68 5.9 4.6 10.3 191.6 67.5
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Early stats - how about this crappy QB for his first 3 years... name that QB

G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate
1 0 15 27 55.6 221 1 3.7 0 0 40 8.2 8.9 14.7 221 94.8