Playoffs - ESPN Playoff Machine

ngbills

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's just such a pipedream to have the Patriots lose 3 of their 4 remaining games that aren't against us PLUS lose against us.

If that happens, I bet Brady retires.

Wouldn't that be a great way for that to happen though??

If they managed to go 9-7 it would really suck for a team to win 7 in a row and miss the playoffs.

Though at the same time if that did happen that team would be pretty damn hungry next season.

4 hours ago, QCity said:

Our problem is that we aren't going to win out.

Yeah, I doubt we will either, but the reality here is that we have the easiest schedule in the NFL on the back half here. I actually believe we'll end up 7-9, possibly 8-8.

But aren't you used to this yet? Going into December. Realistically pretty much no hope of playoffs but mathematically still alive.

"One more week!!!"

It's the Holiday season of the 21st century Bills fan.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, nero1 said:

Interesting  to note, Patriots have two high quality opponents coming up- Vikings and Steelers -.They cannot afford a stumble against Miami. If so that would set up a division deciding game between us and them. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!!!

all in !!! Hope this happens !!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ngbills said:

We have been here before. Bills could wind up one of the bottom teams in the league or with a lot of help sneaking in the playoffs. How likely is it? There are 5 locks so one spot is up for grabs and its not as hard as it seems. The Bills have one of the easiest schedules but rely on others slipping.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If you select the defensive ranking criteria the Bills win out and get the help needed to make the playoffs. 

If you select the offensive ranking criteria the Bills lose out and finish with the 4th pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule - Bills have 2 vs Fins, Jets, Lions and Pats. All but Pats very winnable games. Playing with the simulator there are lots of roads to get in. But one loss and they are done. Feels like about 90% of the last 15-20 years but at least technically a chance. 

I believe they would need to win out.  If they take care of business they could win four of the five.  I am not convinced they can beat New England unless the Pats have nothing to play for in the last two games of the season. 

Wouldn't that be amazing if we make the playoffs two years in a row in similar fashion?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I believe they would need to win out.  If they take care of business they could win four of the five.  I am not convinced they can beat New England unless the Pats have nothing to play for in the last two games of the season. 

Wouldn't that be amazing if we make the playoffs two years in a row in similar fashion?

the big thing is coming away with a win in miami.  if they use rb by committee, we could get a very good ground total and then we just need allen to make a few plays.

i actually think his stats will improve by the week.  get this one and we can settle in at home for a while.

we need a huge collective prayer for the vikings.  take out gronk and get after brady. 

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

the big thing is coming away with a win in miami.  if they use rb by committee, we could get a very good ground total and then we just need allen to make a few plays.

i actually think his stats will improve by the week.  get this one and we can settle in at home for a while.

we need a huge collective prayer for the vikings.  take out gronk and get after brady. 

I like and agree with everything you said.  It is always nice to beat the Dolphins twice in one year.  If we don't make the playoffs, it would be nice to rank 2nd in our division.   This would be something to build on.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

The Patriots definitely look like they're slowing down and they have a tough schedule to close the season, but them going 1-4 to close the season seems almost impossible to me.

The Wildcard is still our best shot.

22 hours ago, eball said:

Eh.  Probably a misuse of the word but I think everyone gets the point.  I can't control the outcome but I think I know what would happen.

No idea what an "SJW" is.

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. Since i don’t remember seeing you cry over poor Kaep :( , I don’t think that applies to you. 

After checking out the playoff machine, I agree, Bills win out and they are in.

I think they will likely finish 7-9 and draft somewhere in the 12 to 15 slot.

Considering how bad this season started that would be a good record if it's Allen that starts all the games and finishes 4-2 after the bye week. 

off season we bring in some help at G, OT, WR, TE, RB, CB, LB, DE -- we have the draft and a lot of cap space to upgrade the roster. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Get to 7 and 7 and we might still have a look. At this point, where we sat after week 2...if you tell me we are mathematically alive going into the NE game il take it. Get to 7-7 and this season is a positive. Please don’t be completely done before that Pats game and I’m all good. What it looked like after week two, il sign for “alive at Christmas”

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Get to 7 and 7 and we might still have a look. At this point, where we sat after week 2...if you tell me we are mathematically alive going into the NE game il take it. Get to 7-7 and this season is a positive. Please don’t be completely done before that Pats game and I’m all good. What it looked like after week two, il sign for “alive at Christmas”

sane way to look at it

see if 9 wins is good enough by then

Wake me up to use this playoff simulator what we don't have a losing record. I'll save everyone the time: we lose to the Patriots and we're out unless the Broncos, Ravens and Titans all fall apart. We lose any game before then and you can flush every scenario down the toilet because we're not beating the Patriots.

Edited by ndirish1978

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Patriots definitely look like they're slowing down and they have a tough schedule to close the season, but them going 1-4 to close the season seems almost impossible to me.

The Wildcard is still our best shot.

i realize chances are slim for the playoffs, but the show ain't over til the fat lady sings.  either way , if we do win out and miss out or lose one more we can go out on a positive note.

at least it doesn't look like we'll crap the bed like the first half and that's all i can hope for for guys like kyle and lorax. hope they come back.

9 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i realize chances are slim for the playoffs, but the show ain't over til the fat lady sings.  either way , if we do win out and miss out or lose one more we can go out on a positive note.

at least it doesn't look like we'll crap the bed like the first half and that's all i can hope for for guys like kyle and lorax. hope they come back.

all improvement for the future will be welcome

hopefully give a good fight to the better opponents

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, ngbills said:

We have been here before. Bills could wind up one of the bottom teams in the league or with a lot of help sneaking in the playoffs. How likely is it? There are 5 locks so one spot is up for grabs and its not as hard as it seems. The Bills have one of the easiest schedules but rely on others slipping.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If you select the defensive ranking criteria the Bills win out and get the help needed to make the playoffs. 

If you select the offensive ranking criteria the Bills lose out and finish with the 4th pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule - Bills have 2 vs Fins, Jets, Lions and Pats. All but Pats very winnable games. Playing with the simulator there are lots of roads to get in. But one loss and they are done. Feels like about 90% of the last 15-20 years but at least technically a chance. 

Can’t rely on Dalton this season as he’s on IR but Boyd is still playing.