LeVeon Bell: What better fit for him than Buffalo?

22 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I dont think anybody thinks Conner is more talented than Bell, but its clear Bell is replaceable at a fraction of the stress, risk, money. Are you Le'veons agent or something, you're beating this drum real hard?

Nah I think people literally do think Conner is better. And personally I've loved watching Bell play. He's fun to watch in neutral games. Guy is super entertaining. I feel the same way about Kareem Hunt and Kamara. When they reach the end of their contracts I'll beat the same drum. It's not much different than any position in that.. sure they can be somewhat replaceable in production if you draft very well for a rookie fill in the 3rd. But these guys are going to be the All-Pro runningbacks that are going to get lucrative contracts for a reason.

Hardly any team has drafted on the offensive side as well as the Steelers have in the last 10 years.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

FA:

1.) LeVeon Bell, RB 4yrs 70m

2.) Anthony Barr, LB 3yr 15m

3.) EJ Gaines, CB 1yr prove it deal

4.) Bradley Roby, CB 

5.) Tavon Austin, WR 1yr prove it deal

Draft:

1.) Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

2.) Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

3.) Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

4.) Elgton Jenkins, OG, Mississippi State

4.) Michael Deiter, OG, Wisconsin

5.) Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma

5.) Brian Lewerke, QB, Michigan State

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I fully agree Promo. The last thing the Bills need to do is devote huge money to an aging running back.

Bell should be paid as a WR, why not? He produces like one. If we cut Shady and Ivory that would pay for most of the contract. Bell has 4 more elite years in him. Start a youth movement behind him! Marcus Murphy and perhaps a 4th/5th round blue chip prospect. 

Bills do indeed have plenty of cap money and they will spend it wisely.  That does not, in my opinion, mean they want a guy who probably wants to the  be highest paid, and has already quit  on one team. You would dump McCoy,ivory and Murphy and take  the cap hits?Good running backs are not necessarily "a dime a dozen'; but you dont need to over-pay. A couple rookies might  do the job if added to the the current group

3 minutes ago, Pablocruise said:

Bills do indeed have plenty of cap money and they will spend it wisely.  That does not, in my opinion, mean they want a guy who probably wants to the  be highest paid, and has already quit  on one team. You would dump McCoy,ivory and Murphy and take  the cap hits?Good running backs are not necessarily "a dime a dozen'; but you dont need to over-pay. A couple rookies might  do the job if added to the the current group

I would not cut Murphy, just Shady and Ivory. Probably draft Rodney Anderson RDS 3-5. He's everything you want in a RB. He's big and can run between the tackles, can catch, pass block. We wouldn't have much money tied into RB behind LeVeon Bell.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

FA:

4.) Bradley Roby, CB 

Draft:

Would turn our offense around in one go. Can you be my new GM?

I love my big 10 dairy farm OL

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Pablocruise said:

Bills do indeed have plenty of cap money and they will spend it wisely.  That does not, in my opinion, mean they want a guy who probably wants to the  be highest paid, and has already quit  on one team. You would dump McCoy,ivory and Murphy and take  the cap hits?Good running backs are not necessarily "a dime a dozen'; but you dont need to over-pay. 

The reality of free agency is that you're going to overpay. 

There are plenty of teams with cap space and young QBs that they want to surround with talent. 

36 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Would turn our offense around in one go. Can you be my new GM?

I love my big 10 dairy farm OL

?

Bodine, Biadasz, Jenkins, Teller, Deiter, Dawkins, Miller, Mills. Would have one of the better lines in the league.

Hope we finish 8-8 or 9-7, pick 18th. Perfect place for us to pick OL. There will be a run starting at 20 I think.

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Bodine, Biadasz, Jenkins, Teller, Deiter, Dawkins, Miller, Mills. Would have one of the better lines in the league.

Hope we finish 8-8 or 9-7, pick 18th. Perfect place for us to pick OL. There will be a run starting at 20 I think.

I like C in the first round too. Very important position to have competence at. And gets passed in the first round but getting Travis Frederick like return on a late teens 1st would be dandy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Nah I think people literally do think Conner is better. And personally I've loved watching Bell play. He's fun to watch in neutral games. Guy is super entertaining. I feel the same way about Kareem Hunt and Kamara. When they reach the end of their contracts I'll beat the same drum. It's not much different than any position in that.. sure they can be somewhat replaceable in production if you draft very well for a rookie fill in the 3rd. But these guys are going to be the All-Pro runningbacks that are going to get lucrative contracts for a reason.

Hardly any team has drafted on the offensive side as well as the Steelers have in the last 10 years.

I doubt you will find one person who will support the claim Conner is better than Bell.  If you only watch highlights sure id take Bell, but since football is a business and highly competitive sport, there's no question Conner's value is way more reasonable than Bell wanting 20 mil, which is bonkers.  Thats double the price of the highest paid rb, while his replacement is performing basically identically for peanuts. Also with no looming suspensions or hold outs. Gotta see the big picture.   If Rodgers were a FA next year would you cut Josh Allen and pay him 60 mil a year?

Edited by BillsMafia13

I still don't think Beane is going to cash strap this roster with high priced free agents, I think he will address at least 2 OLine positions and at least 1 WR position in FA but I don't think it will be a huge name. If McCoy is still here which he will be next season why would they sign Bell to a huge contract? I get McCoy is up there in age but that doesn't seem like something this regime would do imo, Bell is a great player but he also had a future HOF QB, future HOF WR and a top OL blocking in front of him so all those factors are hard to ignore. How about drafting our own LeVeon Bell?

53 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I doubt you will find one person who will support the claim Conner is better than Bell.  If you only watch highlights sure id take Bell, but since football is a business and highly competitive sport, there's no question Conner's value is way more reasonable than Bell wanting 20 mil, which is bonkers.  Thats double the price of the highest paid rb, while his replacement is performing basically identically for peanuts. Also with no looming suspensions or hold outs. Gotta see the big picture.   If Rodgers were a FA next year would you cut Josh Allen and pay him 60 mil a year?

I don't know. Bell and Rodgers aren't going to get paid THAT much. Would be pretty ballsy not to take Rodgers' contract, but I guess I wouldn't since we invested there. We're just talking about FAs up for contracts. You could say the same thing for any high priced FA. Why get Mario Williams when we could have drafted a solid DE? You overpay for FAs you want, teams will do it, of course there's somebody somewhere on a rookie contract that provides better production per value than the top vet FAs. That's not hard.. they're still in the stage to sign the big contract (Kamara & Hunt). Thielen is better than Brown by this metric. Thing is you can't have them. You have to draft them. And you only have that 700k contract you want for 4-5 years. It'd be great if we drafted multiple all-pros in 5 consecutive drafts. Good players are going to get their money. Why would we re-sign anybody?

It'd be cool if we had Kamara. We don't. We can't get him. Can always get FAs. If Bell's too expensive, so be it. I'd like to see how the free agent market values him at. Jets take him for 20 mil, screw it.. they can have that contract. I'd get him for a certain price though. Absolutely.

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

The reality of free agency is that you're going to overpay. 

There are plenty of teams with cap space and young QBs that they want to surround with talent. 

i don't think BEANE will "over-pay",and i dont see Bell fitting the Bills culture.

7 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

FA:

4.) Bradley Roby, CB 

Draft:

Not a fan of Bell move as noted elsewhere in thread.

If we sign Barr does he play SAM?  Assuming Lorenzo is shown the door then?  A lot of $$ for a player who plays 2 downs as Edmunds/Milano are the Nickle LBs.

Gaines is an IR spot waiting to happen - in STL, here and CLE.  Roby is the 87th ranked CB in league and has been a disaster this year in DEN - pass.

Austin = McKenzie, don't see the need for added expense.

As for Draft I would be OK with it.  Believe between FA and Draft you are forgetting RT as a 1st/2nd day need.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:34 AM, NewDayBills said:

Look how much Sammy Watkins got, you wouldn't pay LeVeon Bell that? I would. Bell would probably match Sammy's receiving yards while rushing for another 1,100.

u may be right there. ...w good QB play i believe the bills can compete in any game. OL help plus getting a real WR to replace Benjamin would come before LeVeon.But I see your point

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Everybody compares Josh Allen to Cam Newton, well here's a Cam Newton stat for you:

Cam Newton without McCaffery

2015: 59.8%

2016: 52.9%

Cam Newton with McCaffery

2017: 59.1%

2018: 69.6%

I never liked Newton from the start. Yes lottsa natural ability--But doesnt work hard and not a real smart player.I see no progression in his game.

• 2 months later...