LeVeon Bell: What better fit for him than Buffalo?

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Packers rarely ever go after free agents. Jets suck. Colts I don't know enough to comment on.

how did they get House? Graham?. Part of the issue that team has is running. Packers would be stupid to not get him. Rogers + Bell?  Gives me shivers. If GB got Bell, worked on the line and slammed rest of offseason on defense? shut the front door good.

Edited by PrimeTime101

Bell would be a great grab, I mean he’s a dual threat and young enough.  

However...I would not want to pay a RB that much money.  I feel we can, like many teams, find some gems in the draft and even value in FA.  Bell is an elite player, but look at how much less Conner costs and putting up similar contributions.  Make no mistake about it, Bell is better...but is he 16 million more a year better (compared to what Bell wants)?  Not a chance.  

So as exciting as it would be to get a weapon like Bell, I feel like the team will be better spending that salary Bell wants over multiple additions to the offense between OL, WR, and TE and looking for an heir apparent to McCoy in next two drafts (don’t have to get them this year since McCoy is back next year).

I won’t be mad if we get Bell, in fact I am sure I will quickly shift to excited if we landed him. But today, preference is to spread that cap space around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Bell is better than Gurley. Bell is like Thurman Thomas.

Haha don't get me wrong I absolutely love watching Bell but if Bell is Thurman Thomas, Gurley is peak NFL Ricky Williams. Think Adrian Peterson with Faulk skills receiving and football IQ

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

They did sign Graham this offseason, and this could also change if Green Bay overhauls its front office/coaching staff as people seem to expect.

McCarthy is deservedly leaving GB they can't squander Rodger's last year's.. arrogance and all he needs a coach to deal with that and shake up the offense

16 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

You can even go back to Deangelo Williams putting up numbers in that offense.

Go back to Bell's first and second years.. that wasn't a good offensive line by any means at that point. Yeah they've been beasts recently, juggernaut offense. But when Bell was drafted they were very mediocre.

And DeAngelo Williams is a beast runningback in his own right, very similar game to Bell's too with not much milage sharing with Stewart most of his career. Steelers just have an amazing GM drafting and acquiring skill position players, doesn't take away from the players they've had prior. Broncos aren't complaining about Emmanuel Sanders while Brown is exceeding his production. I'd take Connor too if available they're all great RBs. All great WRs.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

and costs about 1/3 the price.

1/3 the player by this point. We have all this money to spend and not a great FA market AFAIK not saying we have to spend on Bell but we'd be foolish not to spend top dollar on proven vets for short 3-4 year deals while we still have great rookie contracts going for us.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

1/3 the player by this point. We have all this money to spend and not a great FA market AFAIK not saying we have to spend on Bell but we'd be foolish not to spend top dollar on proven vets for short 3-4 year deals while we still have great rookie contracts going for us.

You can get a lot of production for a lot less than Bell will cost without a huge dropoff.  Just look at what Pittsburgh did this year replacing Bell.  Take the $ that Bell would cost & buy 3 offensive linemen-One of them blue chip and the other 2 improvements over the bums of the week we're fielding. 

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You can get a lot of production for a lot less than Bell will cost without a huge dropoff.  Just look at what Pittsburgh did this year replacing Bell.  Take the $ that Bell would cost & buy 3 offensive linemen-One of them blue chip and the other 2 improvements over the bums of the week we're fielding. 

So long as we're spending money and not whiffing I'm all for that. Bell's a FA vet I see as virtually no chance of whiffing on taking a shot.. that's more important than anything is making sure we're spending money on FAs that get us solid return, high floors.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yes, let's go all out for another running back. How many times have the bills done this already? McGahee, Lynch, spiller, McCoy. Seriously if they draft a running back in the 1st round or over pay for a running back in free agency my head will explode 

Exactly.

They need to address WR and OL the first few rounds.

A speedy/shifty running back in the 3rd/4th I would be on board with

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't want to draft an RB high ever, but if from what I'm hearing about out CAP money this off-season, I don't see much harm in a 3-4 year deal we can pull off to give JA the best safety blanket money can buy while making sure we have money to re-sign these studs we've acquired from defense when the time comes.

I mean.. Bell is a Saint compared to Shady, and he's only been selfish during a contract dispute. On the field he's nothing but an absolute pro. I don't see the primadonna in him. Not a huge issue with the contract situation this year, Bell simply wanted FA and his team held the rights to not allow that. Steelers lockerroom is more an indictment of Tomlin more than anything.. the man is bad maintaining teamwork in that lockerroom and he himself made passive aggressive comments along with the Steelers. What RB in his right mind considers rejoining the team after what his O Line of all units among others have been passively trashing him all season.

A saint?? Wasn't Bell and his teammate suspended for being on "the weeeed"?

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Better fits? The Jets, Colts, and Packers immediately come to mind.

Jets and colts, for sure.  Many other teams could use a stud 26 yr old rb.  Us included.  Problem is, who is going to pay him 17 mill a year?  15? He makes sense for more teams at 10-12 mill a year

The packers have 9 mill in cap room and have Aaron Jones under contract for under 1.5 mill for both years.  He’s pretty good,  If they spent their wad on a RB, they’d deserve to miss the playoffs again.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Kinda why the rumors for Packers are sticking with me IMO. Makes lot of sense for Bell and Packers, McCarthy likely out, and they've been more game for FAs to kickstart a better offense for Rodgers with Jimmy Graham. They know time's running out on the Rodgers era and the GM is getting more antsy about it... Would match Bell and Rodgers together in their respective football primes too.

I'd love him in Buffalo TBH would inject steroids into this offense, he can do so much.

Yet their OL has been pretty meh this year and they have 9 mill in cap room.  While Bell is looking for 17 mill a year.  I just don’t see how this is a fit when are paying a good back in Jones 700k a year.  

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

We rode McCoy to the playoffs and LeVeon Bell is a better RB than Shady. Shady's career is winding down now, need to move on. Dump everyone but Marcus Murphy, sign Bell, draft another midround RB. 

Flame away but I dont agree, maybe hes marginally better.  if you swap locations shady would have 1500 yards and bell would get dropped behind the line every play