Funniest TBD Thread

Gugny

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh that's right!  Yeah, Selmon started a couple movie review threads.  Dog had a thread asking for relationship advice that was pretty hilarious, IIRC.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

That was Selmon Smith.  Didn't he post some reviews of other kids movies too?

Good call, Shrader.  Found it ....

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Favorite moment. BF returns after a 5 year hiatus, explains how well his life is going....

First reply is “An hour?” ?

My hat is off to you Chef Jim

***** that!  I claimed the name Retatta.  Dibs on the royalties.  What did I get? Not a goddamn penny.  Not even a t-shirt. Wait.....that's another good one. 

Many of you weren't here for the old, old board, whith the Panda Liberation Army, and AiO's House of Pain, and Nervous Guy being...well, you know..., and one-legged spherical geckos, and the modified woofing theorem.

That was when everyone got along, before the Johnsonites and Flutopians (and occasional Van Pudlian) ruined things.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

There's even dead people in that thread!

At least 3....in the first two pages!

Who was the guy who loved Kobe Bryant (no, not John) and was very upset that people weren't excited about Kobe's 81 point game (which was a good thread itself), and later had a big meltdown on the main board after some Bills debacle.

Edited by KD in CA

• 5 months later...

After NJSue's passing, I was thinking about the old threads from the early 2000's.  It's funny how many posters from that era just disappeared.  I wonder if there are current members who stay in touch with any posters from that period, who at some point stopped being active here.  At the top of my "where are they now" list...

- BF

- ICE

- AKC

...and many others.  Just going through the archives, I came across all kind of names that I had completely forgotten about.

Edited by LabattBlue

On 11/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

What was the thread where that njbuffcuse (or whatever his name was) guy went off the deep end? Watching people completely meltdown is always funny.

I missed that one.  Hopefully someone can find that link,

The funniest thread I have ever read was Combo baiting JohnfromHemet into a spearing contest.  Combo had John so worked up, John was ready to fly and do battle ?

I have searched and searched, and cannot find that thread.  Or any of Combo's other posts.  That dude was a riot!  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I missed that one.  Hopefully someone can find that link,

The funniest thread I have ever read was Combo baiting JohnfromHemet into a spearing contest.  Combo had John so worked up, John was ready to fly and do battle ?

I have searched and searched, and cannot find that thread.  Or any of Combo's other posts.  That dude was a riot!  

I remember hearing about John being challenged to a jousting match, or something similar.  Hilarious.  I wish I'd been around in those days.

The NDBUFCUSEFAN meltdown was epic.  He invited everyone, specifically mods, to ... well ... treat him like a lollipop.  It was a colorful exit.  He came back after the BBMB shutdown and lasted less than a day before a similar rant in the shoutbox that earned him the permaban.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

That one comes to mind as a classic and I remember it went on for quite some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

After NJSue's passing, I was thinking about the old threads from the early 2000's.  It's funny how many posters from that era just disappeared.  I wonder if there are current members who stay in touch with any posters from that period, who at some point stopped being active here.  At the top of my "where are they now" list...

- BF

- ICE

- AKC

...and many others.  Just going through the archives, I came across all kind of names that I had completely forgotten about.

In a similar vein, I was wondering which posters are no longer with us. Now njsue, and off the top of my head, T80 and bib.

Sorry for going OT...

55 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

That one comes to mind as a classic and I remember it went on for quite some time. 

surely someone on this sight can find that thread.  Best thread ever!

For the love of God, someone please find that Combo-John From Hemet spearing contest thread!