Greatest Thing About this Win

vorpma

14 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He had some big plays, showed heart etc etc.  He's still too inconsistent on short and intermediate throws, the ones that are made consistently by QB's who play a lot in the playoff's and win SB's. A QB who uses his legs a lot is a QB who doesn't use his arm enough...

42% completion today, 160 yards.  I know a win is a win, but yikes.

Again.  Stats stats stats.  How about the 2 great throws called back.  The drop by Thompson.  And the 2 where wrs ran wrong routes.  Suppose they were his fault too. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If you have a chance, look at Elway in 1983 - that is who Allen resembles most in style of play and results

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
1983 23 DEN QB 7 11 10 4-6-0 123 259 47.5 1663 7 2.7 14 5.4 49 6.4 4.5 13.5 151.2 54.9 28 218 5.03 3.33 9.8 1

Today the kid had no turnovers and no sacks versus the 4th ranked D in the league - while throwing and running for a TD.  3-2 record in his complete games too.

Elway is who he reminds me of most also. Crazy legs with a canon arm. I think the comparison is valid.

33 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He had some big plays, showed heart etc etc.  He's still too inconsistent on short and intermediate throws, the ones that are made consistently by QB's who play a lot in the playoff's and win SB's. A QB who uses his legs a lot is a QB who doesn't use his arm enough...

42% completion today, 160 yards.  I know a win is a win, but yikes.

Great post, good insight PeterDude!