Allen now 3-2 in games he started & finished with arguably the worse supporting cast in nfl

JerseyBills

Just now, Maine-iac said:

He's playing exactly like Taylor played and we ran Taylor out of town.  Upside being Allen has a cannon arm and he's a rookie.  If he can settle into the offense and work on his touch passes Allen could easily be like Big Ben.  If he doesn't ever "get it" he could be like Bortles.  I think the coaching will be the difference. 

I don't see Tyrod in his game at all. Tyrod played scared and rarely let the ball rip. Allen has no problem slinging the rock and is a true duel threat. Remember , it was his 1st game back after ,6-7 weeks, had 2 rookies and a 2nd yr WR in the line up, one of which is his first game playing with. 

He showed big improvements in decision making, accuracy and awareness. He only left the pocket when necessary . As long as g as he keeps progressing, we're in wonderful shape , because his natural ability is off the charts

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

He's playing exactly like Taylor played and we ran Taylor out of town.  Upside being Allen has a cannon arm and he's a rookie.  If he can settle into the offense and work on his touch passes Allen could easily be like Big Ben.  If he doesn't ever "get it" he could be like Bortles.  I think the coaching will be the difference. 

Taylor was 28. Josh Allen is 20.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stop your crusade.    He’s gone.   

He didnt score 3 points and cost the team the game.  

This.  Not only that but the Defense was struggling early in the game and penalties were killing us.  Josh Allen to me was the bright spot early in the game..then after the ejections things seem to change.  I dont why so many people are negative after a win.  

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He had 2 or 3 bad passes, other than that he was accurate and affected by receiving errors or penalties negating good plays.

What receiving errors? If you’re gonna absolve Allen and blame the receivers, be specific please. “Receiving errors” sounds like you didn’t watch the game.

Allen is just unconventional. He has a little Cam Newton in him. A little Tannahill. A little Trubisky. Maybe a little Fitz. He just isn’t going to be a guy that will drop back and beat you but if you don’t respect the downfield passing game, he can make you pay. There is a ton of heart, a lot of moxy a ton of running ability...It’s just a different look. I think the team responds to him and in the right offense he can win. It might take some getting used to but it’s fun to watch.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Skins Malone said:

Absolve him from what?  Missing a screen pass?

He said Allen was accurate beyond “receiving errors” and penalties, which don’t count as incompletions anyways (and Allen was burned by 2 calls against his line, not arguing that.) but if receiver errors contributed to his passing line, what were they?

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

What receiving errors? If you’re gonna absolve Allen and blame the receivers, be specific please. “Receiving errors” sounds like you didn’t watch the game.

Sure I did.  And I watched Thompson and others drop a couple of passes that hit them in the hands. I’d have to go back to specifically see who the others were. I wasn’t taking notes.

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I thought Allen played very well - little to no signs of rust after not playing in a while, and the deep passes were on the money.

I do have a problem with the widespread sentiment that Allen is somehow doing this all on his own. That’s dumb. 

Hes obviously not but nobody is exactly going out of their way to help him.  

Pass Pro is decent - I’ll concede that

However:

Zero run game.  

Constant penalties negating big throws

WRs not on the same page as Allen

Deonte Thompson not hauling in that 30 yard dart pretty much sums up the help he has right now.  

When you’re 3 biggest weapons are a rookie UDFA WR, a second year WR and a recently claimed off waivers WR....his supporting cast is basically the complete opposite of Mahomes.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen is just in conventional. He has a little Cam Newton in him. A little Tannahill. A little Trubisky. Maybe a little Fitz. He just isn’t going to be a guy that will drop back and beat you but if you don’t respect the downfield passing game, he can make you pay. There is a ton of heart, a lot of moxy a ton of running ability...It’s just a different look. I think the team responds to him and in the right offense he can win. It might take some getting used to but it’s fun to watch.

Its unconventional.  And just stop man.  Josh Allen is Josh Allen...simple as that hes not a bunch of players put together.  And can u address how after one good game by Barkley you said Allen would never be good...and Alken has a good game and you are on the Allen train all the sudden.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Sure I did.  And I watched Thompson and others drop a couple of passes that hit them in the hands. I’d have to go back to specifically see who the others were. I wasn’t taking notes.

Thompson had a ball punched out by the closing defender yes. Stretch to call that a drop and an error. Very accurate ball by Allen though, maybe a split second late.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

He said Allen was accurate beyond “receiving errors” and penalties, which don’t count as incompletions anyways (and Allen was burned by 2 calls against his line, not arguing that.) but if receiver errors contributed to his passing line, what were they?

To that I can only think of the Thompson dropped pass.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen is just in conventional. He has a little Cam Newton in him. A little Tannahill. A little Trubisky. Maybe a little Fitz. He just isn’t going to be a guy that will drop back and beat you but if you don’t respect the downfield passing game, he can make you pay. There is a ton of heart, a lot of moxy a ton of running ability...It’s just a different look. I think the team responds to him and in the right offense he can win. It might take some getting used to but it’s fun to watch.

Maybe.  Once they get a true #1 receiver, and 1-2 top shelf linemen, he'll be more like Favre.  He has a cannon and has fun like a kid.

• Like (+1) 1