You have to love Josh Allen...

Hebert19

I can't believe what I read here sometimes.  Allen played a good game.  He is a rookie.

You people trying to knock him have no f' ing clue.

WTF are you a Bills fan?

Are you salty because "you" wanted Rosen, Darnold, or someone else?

Grow up and get over it!  

Allen is going to be the Qb for the foreseeable future.  Get on board or go be a Jets or Cardinals fan.

I for one am glad to watch him progress.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think his passing has maybe been slightly worse than I expected (I was really high on him for the past two or three years now), but I continue to think that a guy with his intangibles and physical tools is the exact type of gamble I like to take when it comes to QBs. Freakish tools with the passion and desire to improve = a guy I'm happy to take a chance on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think his passing has maybe been slightly worse than I expected (I was really high on him for the past two or three years now), but I continue to think that a guy with his intangibles and physical tools is the exact type of gamble I like to take when it comes to QBs. Freakish tools with the passion and desire to improve = a guy I'm happy to take a chance on.

He's got a chance to be really good.   On his runs, Jags were dropping deep and waiting for a mistake.  He ran on them instead.   Great to have a cannon for an arm. 

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

He will.  

McBeanes know what they are doing.   Foster? ,  McKenzie ? , who knew who these guys were... ?     Beane knew. 

Trust the Process. 

We need a Mike Evans or another WR of his caliber. Foster can be a poor man's DJax but I'm not writing the book on Beane's offensive genius until he gives Allen no excuses for a poor game.

16 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We need a Mike Evans or another WR of his caliber. Foster can be a poor man's DJax but I'm not writing the book on Beane's offensive genius until he gives Allen no excuses for a poor game.

Of course, of course, that is what FA and the draft is for,  but,  to grab those two guys mid season , plus grab Deonte as soon as he freed up and Barkley as soon as he freed up shows these guys know what they need and are paying attention . 

And the way they are finding, drafting and managing up draftees like Teller and Harrison Philips just gives a fan so much confidence that a moment is coming where they just suddenly will be rolling out a young roster that is super competitive every week regardless of the situation or the opponent.   The process is working. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm sorry.  This doesn't belong in the game thread.  Hes tough.  Energetic.  And can play.  He showed me a lot today.  His energy is infectious. 

The biggest thing for me is that he is making guys like Robert Foster look good against a top passing defense not the Jets defense and Zay Jones is having a much better 2nd season also, he's also found Croom a bunch of times, that's what you want to see... Your top QB making players around him better and that's what I believe Allen is doing imo.

1 hour ago, JTown said:

I can't believe what I read here sometimes.  Allen played a good game.  He is a rookie.

WTF are you a Bills fan?

Grow up and get over it!  

Allen is going to be the Qb for the foreseeable future.  Get on board or go be a Jets or Cardinals fan.

Post like these just make me smh. 

He had a good game. 

Why care are so much about others opinion?

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm sorry.  This doesn't belong in the game thread.  He's tough.  Energetic.  And can play.  He showed me a lot today.  His energy is infectious. 

I agree 100%.  He brings intangibles that will get his teammates to buy in.  He is looking more comfortable in the pocket.   He can extend plays, and he is constantly looking down field.   He has many of our fan base optimistic about our future.

There will always those that are negative, but that is what it is.

1 hour ago, JTown said:

WTF are you a Bills fan?

Grow up and get over it!  

Don't be surprised.  These are the same people who leave the movie theater saying "The book was soooo much better".... not just complainers, but the Look at me, I Know Everything complainers.  

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

He reminds me of Tebow at this point.  Great athlete.  Good runner.  Charismatic. Not accurate.  

Horrible take.

I wish he had the weapons KC does.

Awful. Abysmal post.

20 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Don't forget 2 bad drops and 2 penalties that wiped out 1st Downs

3 penalties 

I am very pleased that Allen showed progress today even though most of his weaknesses were on display. He held the ball too long(but not as long as he used to). He has no idea how to throw a screen(but they didn't try too many).

Very encouraged by what I saw.

The teams penalties were atrocious...mostly penalties that weren't at all necessary..

He's still sloppy and needs to be consistent. There are plays that he makes that makes you say, "how the fk?" Then there are plays that he doesn't make that makes you say, "what the fk?"

If he can clean things up and show more consistency in his passing game, then we have ourselves the QB we've been looking for since Kelly. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Curt said:

I can say whatever I choose. He had almost 100 yards rushing, and few big plays in the passing in game. When Tyrod did it, everyone had a problem with it. I'm just saying...You watch another sport. 

When Tyrod did it we scored 3 points 

When Allen did it we scored 27 points 

What are you talking about ?

16 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Horrible take.

I wish he had the weapons KC does.

Awful. Abysmal post.

Is it really?  Matt Barkley just walked through door and completed 60% of his throws to the same guys.  It’s not some big leap when you compare the two.  Tebow was big, he could run very well.  He was charismatic.  He won a playoff game in which he completed 2 passes.  He had a career 47% completions pct.  that doesn’t work in the NFL.  He even threw 17 TD against 9 INT.  

Im sure that isn’t a comparison anyone in Buffalo wants to consider, but the numbers are comparable.  The athletes measuables are comparable.  The development challenges as prospects are comparable.  

Its only a horrible take if it strikes a nerve about what Allen may be but not because it isn’t reasonable to compare these two similar QBs at this stage in Allen’s career.

Edited by Zerovotlz
Grammar

20 hours ago, MDH said:

I’d like to see him stop taking on defenders. He needs to lean to avoid contact instead of looking for it.

I love his fire, determination, aggressiveness...BUT you are right, there were some shots he shouldn’t have taken today.  It doesn’t matter how much talent you have if you can’t stay on the field.  Luck is a prime example, and that’s who Allen reminds me of in his running style, which is fearless.  Both run with an aggressive style and it’s held Lucks career back for a while due to injuries from this.  They both aren’t afraid of contact and instinct has them always fighting for yards.

Im all for Allen taking off, but he needs to find better ways to protect his body.  Couple times he could have gotten down or out of bounds to avoid a big hit but went for an extra yard or two.  I don’t have an issue with him trucking a safety on a TD run, but he needs to reduce the less meaningful gains at the expense of a bigger hit. 

That 3rd and goal option was scary, just ugly situation that thankfully his cleat didn’t get stuck in ground or his ankle didn’t get caught under the defender or it might have ended his season with a bad injury if he hadn’t been so fortunate.