Bama vs Georgia

Bfanlc

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Alabama is built to beat the teams they typically play. They do a great job with that. I’d love to see them play against different styles, and Oklahoma would be must see TV. 

If you like offense, you'll LOVE that matchup. OU plays 7 on 7 football, and Bama is not very good defensively. That game may be in the 70's...

2 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

If you like offense, you'll LOVE that matchup. OU plays 7 on 7 football, and Bama is not very good defensively. That game may be in the 70's...

Kyler Murray is pretty impressive. I’m looking forward to that game. Hurts should be enough vs that Oklahoma D.

So what's everyone's CFP projections?

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Oklahoma

Sorry Buckeyes.  I know the committee loves them some Urban Meyer and all things being equal, Ohio St bias gets the nod.  But the difference this year is Oklahoma's single loss was a close loss to a top 25 team by three points which Oklahoma would later avenge in the Big 12 title game.  Ohio St's loss was a Prime Time embarrassment to Purdue

The Major Bowls are probably going to shake out something like this
Rose Bowl (B1G vs PAC12 champs): Ohio St vs Washington

Sugar Bowl (Big12 vs SEC champs): Texas vs Georgia (with both conference champs in the CFP, the runners up are representing)

Peach and Fiesta (At large bids): UCF, Michigan, Florida, and Washington St. 

LSU and Penn St can each argue a stronger claim to a bid over Washington St, but the bid will go to a PAC12 team due to an SEC and B1G already represented.  Penn St and LSU both get a consolation prize of a lesser New Years Bowl, facing off in the Citrus Bowl.  And lets face it, Penn St vs LSU is a much more interesting national broadcast than Penn St vs Kentucky or Northwestern vs LSU

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I watched that show as well mainly because Martell is on it. 

Who is Martell ?

9 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Haha....I hear this song 10 times a day with my boy

never heard of it.

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Really? I’d have to think Bama AND UGA are in if UGA wins. Add Clemson and somebody else. Have I been sucked into SEC madness? Screw the Power 5, take the best teams. 

On a side note, I’m good with 8 teams, but NO MORE. 

It’s not like the All Star team where every city has to be represented. This is for real. Best teams in. 

24 teams like division 2

6 hours ago, CIrvine said:

Did Georgia do enough to stay at number four?

No, 2 losses, it will be Oklahoma or Ohio st.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wow, just saw the fake punt!!! Distance was too long and when the defense was still on the field they should have called it off for sure. Really dumb call Georgia.

Nice come back by Hurts.

One of the worse calls I've ever seen. Bama had their starting defense out there not the normal punt return unit. 

Ga shouldn't be in...not with two losses.

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Oklahoma

Sorry Buckeyes.  I know the committee loves them some Urban Meyer and all things being equal, Ohio St bias gets the nod.  But the difference this year is Oklahoma's single loss was a close loss to a top 25 team by three points which Oklahoma would later avenge in the Big 12 title game.  Ohio St's loss was a Prime Time embarrassment to Purdue

The Major Bowls are probably going to shake out something like this
Rose Bowl (B1G vs PAC12 champs): Ohio St vs Washington

Sugar Bowl (Big12 vs SEC champs): Texas vs Georgia (with both conference champs in the CFP, the runners up are representing)

Peach and Fiesta (At large bids): UCF, Michigan, Florida, and Washington St. 

LSU and Penn St can each argue a stronger claim to a bid over Washington St, but the bid will go to a PAC12 team due to an SEC and B1G already represented.  Penn St and LSU both get a consolation prize of a lesser New Years Bowl, facing off in the Citrus Bowl.  And lets face it, Penn St vs LSU is a much more interesting national broadcast than Penn St vs Kentucky or Northwestern vs LSU

This is a false narrative on only this board,  that gets repeated and I have no idea why. What evidence is there of this? From our standpoint it’s the opposite.  

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Oklahoma

I think this is it as well. ESPN seems to believe OSU will be the 4, but I think it will be really difficult for the committee to look past the loss at Purdue. That was a really bad loss. OU lost by 3 to Texas, and then beat them in the conference championship game. I think it has to be OU

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a false narrative on only this board,  that gets repeated and I have no idea why. What evidence is there of this? From our standpoint it’s the opposite.  

Last year is the best example of it imo. This year they were behind a 2 loss LSU team. The committee hasn’t been kind to the Buckeyes at all. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Last year is the best example of it imo. This year they were behind a 2 loss LSU team. The committee hasn’t been kind to the Buckeyes at all. 

Or 2015 when they had one loss by 3 to the eventual Big 10 champ and got left out. They were without a doubt one of the best teams in the country that season and I think would have repeated as national champs. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

2015 too. I was actually fine with being left out last year because JT wasn’t going anywhere in the playoffs. This team can win though so for the first time a rose bowl would be a disappointment for me. 

17 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

They are going to be in the top 4 for no reason other than they are Ohio State. 

I legit want him fired right now. He cost his team the game on two occasions. End of the first half and that fake punt. 

That fake punt might be the worst call I have ever seen. 

This again. When did this actually happen btw that they didn’t deserve to get in the 2 times they actually did? The year they won it all or the year they went 11-1 with 3 wins in the top 8?

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.