RIP Bob McNair Texans owner

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah that's what I figured 

Next time either keep your idiocy to yourself or have a backbone 

Back on topic: RIP Mr. McNair

?

the guy suddenly doesn't turn into a saint just 'cause he died. And like I've already said...it's not my job to educate you, Sparky. I stand by my statement. You don't like it, oh well. I'll have to somehow live with it.

Edited by Domdab99

Don’t know too much about McNair and his record on race relations, but do know that he sold a minority interest in the team to a friend of a college buddy of mine, who happens to be  Hispanic and very rich—self-made rich, too (he set up and ran an energy trading company after playing football at Columbia and is a nice guy as best I know from my buddy and from meeting him a few times).

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

?

the guy suddenly doesn't turn into a saint just 'cause he died. And like I've already said...it's not my job to educate you, Sparky. I stand by my statement. You don't like it, oh well. I'll have to somehow live with it.

You've apparently never heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? 

I mean, this IS a thread to say RIP. And you were aware of that before you opened the thread, just to bash a dead man....your educated opinion aside, he was quite the philanthropist

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

racist moron....good riddance

How is he racist? He said we can't have inmates running the prison. It is basically like saying we can't have inmates running the asylum. The stupid people that think this is racist think everything is racist. Michael Jordan owns and runs an NBA franchise and he doesn't let the players make their rules. Is he a racist? Of course not.

If players want to get paid millions then they need to understand owners pay their salary. If players protesting hurts the owners financially, the owners have every right to make it stop. You don't have some right to show up at work and protest.  These are employees. There is not a business in America that would allow their workers to protest if the protests hurt them financially. All McNair was saying is the employers make the rules, not the employees. That is how it works EVERYWHERE.

Edited by LTF
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, MattM said:

Don’t know too much about McNair and his record on race relations, but do know that he sold a minority interest in the team to a friend of a college buddy of mine, who happens to be  Hispanic and very rich—self-made rich, too (he set up and ran an energy trading company after playing football at Columbia and is a nice guy as best I know from my buddy and from meeting him a few times).

...he made an "off the cuff" remark about the "inmates running the asylum", something used a bazillion times before, yet he was cited in this pantywaist "politically correct world"...pretty sad sad that it will be his primary remembrance versus bringing NFL football back to Houston....good Lord we are effed up..........

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LTF said:

How is he racist? He said we can't have inmates running the prison. It is basically like saying we can't have inmates running the asylum. The stupid people that think this is racist think everything is racist. Michael Jordan owns and runs an NBA franchise and he doesn't let the players make their rules. Is he a racist? Of course not.

If players want to get paid millions then they need to understand owners pay their salary. If players protesting hurts the owners financially, the owners have every right to make it stop. You don't have some right to show up at work and protest.  These are employees. There is not a business in America that would allow their workers to protest if the protests hurt them financially. All McNair was saying is the employers make the rules, not the employees. That is how it works EVERYWHERE.

Because in the simpleton SJW mind, "inmates" = "blacks".   And then they call other people racist.   lol