Underclassmen declaring for draft

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Please.....tell me more. Brutish, finesse or both? Right or left?

3 year starter. He played on the left side of the interior OL for 2 years. He moved to Center to replace Billy Price this year ... it’s been the tradition over the last several years to do this with the LG / Elflein and Price both did it with huge success. MJ struggled to effectively snap the ball for most of the season which is amazing that Haskins had that to deal with all year on top of everything else. Somehow though - he was a 1st team all American at Center.  He’s tall for an interior lineman at 6’7. He was recruited as a OT. But he’s definitely best fit at G. He’s a bit of a perfectionist but has a mean steak on the field. I wouldn’t categorize him as “finesse” but he moves really well. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 year starter. He played on the left side of the interior OL for 2 years. He moved to Center to replace Billy Price this year ... it’s been the tradition over the last several years to do this with the LG / Elflein and Price both did it with huge success. MJ struggled to effectively snap the ball for most of the season which is amazing that Haskins had that to deal with all year on top of everything else. Somehow though - he was a 1st team all American at Center.  He’s tall for an interior lineman at 6’7. He was recruited as a OT. But he’s definitely best fit at G. He’s a bit of a perfectionist but has a mean steak on the field. I wouldn’t categorize him as “finesse” but he moves really well. 

The Bills sure could use a big tough guard.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Bills sure could use a big tough guard.

I just saw he’s projected at 2nd-3rd rd. I think that’s a bit high due to his position but I don’t think he would have declared if he didn’t get that feedback. One thing to look at it is durability, he has it. Never injured. McD seems to value that. 

I guess we don’t even know what type of blocking scheme we will use with Castillo gone? Or will it be the same since Daboll calls the shots... one thing we never seem to be able to do is the screen game and i always here it’s because we don’t have the right OL who can block for it. That has to change. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.