Underclassmen declaring for draft

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ed Oliver declares as well (not playing in the bowl game).

I could have dreamt this but was he the one who actually declared last year? And said he was going to leave after this year? Someone did... I will need to look it up. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 11/30/2018 at 11:46 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Iowa TE Noah Fant (who i still have nightmares about) has declared. Considered by many to be the  top TE in the draft. 

Another TE on the team who has caught my eye is T.J. Hochenson, 6'5", 250 lbs. I'm not sure if he is coming out. But if he was he would in my estimation worthy of a third round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Another TE on the team who has caught my eye is T.J. Hochenson, 6'5", 250 lbs. I'm not sure if he is coming out. But if he was he would in my estimation worthy of a third round pick. 

i would be stoked with Hockenson in the third !!

Jonah in first, Zach Allen in the second , championships !!

Can Not Wait to see this team next season with all the additions !!

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

If TEs interest you I would keep an eye on Jace Sternberger of Texas A&M.

He was a JUCO transfer which is hard for me to understand because he is big, strong, and is pretty quick.

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

He was a JUCO transfer which is hard for me to understand because he is big, strong, and is pretty quick.

Getting a good time end from the draft would be very appealing. However, it would be a mistake to use one of our top two or even three picks for one because of our other priority needs. This team desperately needs offensive linemen and receivers (wideouts). If you asked me right now who would be my ideal first pick I would say it is OT Jonah Williams. From what I have seen of him he is good enough and polished enough to be an immediate starter. I was watching him in the Georgia game and was impressed with his nimble footwork and intelligence. On one play there was a stunt and he seamlessly slid off his man to pick up the wider incoming rusher. He's got it all.  

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Getting a good time end from the draft would be very appealing. However, it would be a mistake to use one of our top two or even three picks for one because of our other priority needs. This team desperately needs offensive linemen and receivers (wideouts). If you asked me right now who would be my ideal first pick I would say it is OT Jonah Williams. From what I have seen of him he is good enough and polished enough to be an immediate starter. I was watching him in the Georgia game and was impressed with his nimble footwork and intelligence. On one play there was a stunt and he seamlessly slid off his man to pick up the wider incoming rusher. He's got it all.  

Yeah, I have been a big fan of Jonah for many years. He has great technique and fast feet.

Imo, he has a pretty decent floor, which I would deem to be Andy Levitre. Remember, Levitre was also LT in college and like Jonah, did not have great size. There are many here who will disagree but imho Levitre, when fully healthy; was one of the best guards we ever had. He wasn't a bruiser but he was especially gifted at and geared toward pass protection. This is what the game calls for in these times and what I can also see in Jonah. I look forward to his combine workouts, especially on the bench.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah, I have been a big fan of Jonah for many years. He has great technique and fast feet.

Imo, he has a pretty decent floor, which I would deem to be Andy Levitre. Remember, Levitre was also LT in college and like Jonah, did not have great size. There are many here who will disagree but imho Levitre, when fully healthy; was one of the best guards we ever had. He wasn't a bruiser but he was especially gifted at and geared toward pass protection. This is what the game calls for in these times and what I can also see in Jonah. I look forward to his combine workouts, especially on the bench.

I watched Who I am guessing is Sternberger in that 7 OT game with LSU. He is a stud. I am thinking 1st rounder after that game. Talk about the prototypical body for the NFL. I am saying that just based on that game, I meant to look up his stats. Grades is probably why he was a Juco. A non qualifier.

Edited by BB@Shooter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.