Allen best Bills QB of 21st century?

The article took a mysterious turn at #1. 

Typical fluff piece on Allen.

Potential aside, he should be 16 or 17. 

Do you see how the media provides the narrative of the agenda the team is trying to accomplish. Shameful tactics. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/09/04/nathan-peterman-highlight-video-short-bills-video

Edited by PittsforDave

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

So did Flutie, sorry, he is number one since Kelly. Orton will always be remembered for his feet first slide after scrambling short of a first down showing his heart was not into getting to the playoffs in a critical end of year game - possibly the Raiders! Tyrod number two, he did get us into the playoffs; Allen has a chance to bump into number if he wins. The rest - who cares! 

agreed

4 hours ago, Rico said:

That automatically puts him at the bottom of any Bills QB list, looking up at EJ and Peterman.

Fun fact: EJ would have the highest career qb rating of any qb on the Bills’ roster.  He leads by over 7 points to the next closet guy, Derek Anderson.  Trust the process!

3 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I'll never get over Orton's slide at Oakland. That alone push's him down the list.

He was such a coward.  He sucked pretty much except against the Jets.  One of the worst Bills ever.  Total  kitty cat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m always amazed at how fondly people remember Bledsoe. He SUCKED!! After his first 8 games in a Bills uniform he was 18-22 with a talented team. He averaged less than 200 yards a game, was a statue and turned it over as often as he scored TDs. He is the most over-appreciated player in Bills history.

Couldn’t agree more regarding Bledsoe, except I think he’s #2 on the overappreciated list behind the legendary midgeee Doug Flukie

3 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I'll never get over Orton's slide at Oakland. That alone push's him down the list.

Playoffs on the line, he made maybe the worst play I’ve ever seen.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s silly to rank a rookie who’s had four starts with those seasoned veteran NFL qbs as average as they were. With that being said, I have no doubt Josh Allen will exponentially rank above all of them once Beane brings in a good OC, and adds some upgraded talent to the WR and OL positions.

I believe Allen has the physical talent and mental make up to eventually turn this franchise around. He just needs time and a few more pieces added on offense. Jared Goff needed those two things and look where he and the Rams are at now.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, Strethor said:

Andy Dalton did 

without Andy Dalton we would be going on almost 20-year  playoff drought with no end in sight

if we are talking about Bills QBs this is how i see it

1.) Fitz

2.) Bledsoe

3.) Orton

4.) Tyrod/Flutie

Oh my god. It wasn't just the last game of the year that got us to the playoffs. It was every other win during the season too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2018 at 8:23 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Man, looking at their comments for the other QB's they consider failures and their rationale behind them, it makes me laugh to think they'd put Allen up at #1 with what he's done.

Alex Van Pelt: "In eight starts, Van Pelt threw for 2,056 yards, 12 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He was given only half a season and was never able to take command of the position." Well that's what happens when you're only given 8 starts...If Allen only gets 8 starts, he'll likely finish with worse numbers than that.

Holcomb: "His play wasn't spectacular, but he was average. He completed 67.4 percent of his passes to go along with 1,509 yards, 10 touchdowns and eight interceptions."  So, better than Allen?

EJ Manuel: "Manuel posted a 6-11 record and compiled 3,502 yards, 19 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. His erratic throws and 58.2 completion percentage were enough for the Bills to decline his option in 2016."  So, hopefully the Bills appreciate Allen's 2 TD's to 5 INT's, erratic throws and 54.0 completion percentage more than EJ's? 

JP Losman: "Although he provided youth at the quarterback position for the Bills, he turned the ball over way too much and never adjusted to life as an NFL quarterback."   I guess we've decided Allen has adjusted to life as an NFL QB already? Otherwise, the rest applies to him as well.

Kyle Orton: "Kyle Orton tossed 18 touchdowns, 10 interceptions and had 3,018 yards. He may not have had the greatest of stats as a Bills quarterback..."  Wait, if those stats "aren't great," by your standards,  how does anything we've seen from Allen look even semi-decent?  

And if we just go off their stats alone, nearly all of them have better numbers (both per game, and overall) yet got ranked lower? Some of these guys didn't even get a full season, others got yanked back & forth any time they did something wrong, and many were the "great arm" or "raw talent" type guys like Allen, but they get the benefit of the doubt for long. Even if Allen sucks these next few games, we gotta keep him.