Allen best Bills QB of 21st century?

That's pretty much the worst article ever written.

11 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

The writer also got his years wrong.  Bledsoe never had 2 consecutive losing seasons, he went 8-8 and 6-10 but he was released after the 2004 season where they went 9-7. 

Ugh. The Pittsburgh debacle where we got beat by their practice squad. I was done with Bledsoe after that one.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Doug Flutie is number 3 on that list and he never played a game for the Bills in the 21st century.

Considering the rest of the list, maybe that's actually a positive in terms of ranking. Nevertheless...

December 23, 2000 is good enough to count Dougie

59 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tyrod got the Bills to the playoffs

Andy Dalton did 

without Andy Dalton we would be going on almost 20-year  playoff drought with no end in sight

if we are talking about Bills QBs this is how i see it

1.) Fitz

2.) Bledsoe

3.) Orton

4.) Tyrod/Flutie

Edited by Strethor

At present I would say NO in spite of it being a remarkably low bar.  But I believe that when all is said and done Allen will not only be the best Bills QB of this century but right up there with the Bill's Giants of the previous century.

As an aside, does any NFL franchise have a weaker list of QB's in the 21st century then the Buffalo Bills?  Sometimes when you write it down it makes it look even worse then you remember it.  But then again that 18 year streak of missing the playoffs has a reason. 

I’m always amazed at how fondly people remember Bledsoe. He SUCKED!! After his first 8 games in a Bills uniform he was 18-22 with a talented team. He averaged less than 200 yards a game, was a statue and turned it over as often as he scored TDs. He is the most over-appreciated player in Bills history.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The 21st Century has eight plus decades to go.  Instant gratification get the best of this guy?

The way I answered the question is that when I die this century effectively dies from my POV so I'm not thinking of it as 80 more years.

And my answer assumes that after I die I don't get to sit up their in Heaven in my lounge chair drinking a Molson Golden while looking down and watching my beloved Bills play.  On 2nd thought that might be the definition of HELL!  Never mind! 

Have to give it to Tyrod. He at least played decent football, didn't turn the ball over, and did happen to be our QB when the playoff drought ended.

I'd give Bledsoe second. He had a good season, and then struggled after that.

Fitzpatrick probably gets third. His propensity to throw interceptions at the worst time knocks him down.

Those are my top 3. I'm not sure where all the love for Kyle Orton comes from. He had a few good games and then sucked after that. He was just as frustrating to watch as any other crappy Bills QB.

• Like (+1) 1

That's just strange.  For starters, the sample size of some of these QBs just isn't enough on which to make an evaluation.  Do you incorporate performances from previous teams.  Matt Barkley had a very good game for the Bills on November 11, yet he is ranked the 14th best out of 18.    Certainly that performance was better than the average EJ Manuel performance during his time in Buffalo.   Thus it seems like his ranking takes into acount his lackluster NFL career prior to his game for Buffalo.  Derek Anderson has played a couple games, and hasn't been very good.  His rating reflects that, (15th) but he did have a pro bowl season for Cleveland way back when.  As far as Josh Allen is concerned, I'm hopefuyl about his future, but I thyink it's pretty obvious his career thus far does not warrant him being rated as the best QB of the 21st century.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Have to give it to Tyrod. He at least played decent football, didn't turn the ball over, and did happen to be our QB when the playoff drought ended.

I'd give Bledsoe second. He had a good season, and then struggled after that.

Fitzpatrick probably gets third. His propensity to throw interceptions at the worst time knocks him down.

Those are my top 3. I'm not sure where all the love for Kyle Orton comes from. He had a few good games and then sucked after that. He was just as frustrating to watch as any other crappy Bills QB.

Sucked after that?

Orton finished that season strong, if the defense doesn’t melt down to the 3-13 Raiders, they make the playoffs with him. 

1) Orton

2) Tyrod

3) Bledsoe

4) Fitzy

5) Matt Barkley?

We’ve has probably 20 QBs start for us since 2000 & it’s hard to come up with 5 that were semi-decent.