ESPN Sucks

John in Jax

On 11/27/2018 at 7:34 AM, row_33 said:

as a quiet cricket fan I watched the women's T20 world cup the last few weeks, strangely enough not a single lbw call or challenge was made

not sure if that's a feature of T20 in general...

Ha ha, I actually learned the rules of cricket on a cruise ship from an Aussie. It was funny because the Australians, the people from India and the West Indies all said that the others didn’t know what they were talking about. I’m by no means an expert but have a working knowledge of what’s happening and I kinda like it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I actually learned the rules of cricket on a cruise ship from an Aussie. It was funny because the Australians, the people from India and the West Indies all said that the others didn’t know what they were talking about. I’m by no means an expert but have a working knowledge of what’s happening and I kinda like it.

Certain rules aren’t really defineable....

46 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Sitting a sandwich shop waiting for my sandwich and they have ESPN on

It's just a bunch of guys screaming over each other overly dramatic to prove their points

it's totally useless to anyone pre-internet, who can bother sorting them out

it must be prehistoric to the internet age people

ESPN's creative vignettes about players, situations, etc. are just dreck.  The original format covered the range of sports nationally with some nods to international athletics; acceptable in that segments were short  and to the point.  Today's bird walks into the forest of statistics, social affairs and such are just too much for long-time listeners/watchers, e.g., the Beats segment.

40 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

ESPN's creative vignettes about players, situations, etc. are just dreck.  The original format covered the range of sports nationally with some nods to international athletics; acceptable in that segments were short  and to the point.  Today's bird walks into the forest of statistics, social affairs and such are just too much for long-time listeners/watchers, e.g., the Beats segment.

all the info means that you don't have to watch the game, you just look up a stat and attack people who actually watched the game

which really sucks

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The endless parade of:

Tiger

LeBron

Yankees

Red Sox

'Melo

Celtics

Knicks

Dallas Cowboys

SEC football

Duke basketball

European soccer

Etc.

It's much more English Premiership than "European soccer" in general.

For anyone interested in either, I wouldn't look to ESPN for information in any event.

• Like (+1) 1