Your Thanksgiving Day traditions

Ridgewaycynic2013

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Bowling...we always go bowling on Thanksgiving.

Do you have your own shoes and ball? 

For many years now we have been the host house. I’m not sure how that came to be, but it’s expected now and it’s AWESOME! Family and friends come from all over. We just finished round one with 17 seated for a wonderful meal and a celebration of all we are thankful for. Our newly turned 5 year old grandson who lives in Nashville was dropped off by his mom for the weekend. What a blessing to have that child with us! 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you have your own shoes and ball? 

For many years now we have been the host house. I’m not sure how that came to be, but it’s expected now and it’s AWESOME! Family and friends come from all over. We just finished round one with 17 seated for a wonderful meal and a celebration of all we are thankful for. Our newly turned 5 year old grandson who lives in Nashville was dropped off by his mom for the weekend. What a blessing to have that child with us! 

My sister does,, I did till about 15 years ago 

and we eat late. Dinner will start @ 7::30

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

I always work from 9- 1:30 ... people need their wine and booze.

After that though, traditions changed this year. We used to go over to my in laws house for an awesome turkey day dinner which included the basic fare and being an Italian household included pasta, meatballs, sausage etc. Unfortunately my mother in law passed last spring. 

This year it's dinner at home but even that has to be curtailed somewhat as one of my daughters has to work tonight starting at 2:30 AM.... Seriously ? ... What kind of !@#$ goes shopping at 2 effin 30 in the morning ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I always work from 9- 1:30 ... people need their wine and booze.

After that though, traditions changed this year. We used to go over to my in laws house for an awesome turkey day dinner which included the basic fare and being an Italian household included pasta, meatballs, sausage etc. Unfortunately my mother in law passed last spring. 

This year it's dinner at home but even that has to be curtailed somewhat as one of my daughters has to work tonight starting at 2:30 AM.... Seriously ? ... What kind of !@#$ goes shopping at 2 effin 30 in the morning ?

Sounds CRAZY, but I was at Home Depot yesterday and SHOCKED at all the stuff piled up around the store and covered with black tarps and labeled “Black Friday”. It was hard to get down the aisles! Someone has to get all that stuff ready for the early bird shoppers. I’m glad it’s not me after all of my consumption today! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, Augie said:

Sounds CRAZY, but I was at Home Depot yesterday and SHOCKED at all the stuff piled up around the store and covered with black tarps and labeled “Black Friday”. It was hard to get down the aisles! Someone has to get all that stuff ready for the early bird shoppers. I’m glad it’s not me after all of my consumption today! 

Did you break a guy's windshield with your elbow?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Did you break a guy's windshield with your elbow?

I didn’t have to, one look at me and he knew I meant business! He put everything back in it’s place, and then out of a sense of guilt, he rearranged some mums on his way out! 

• Haha (+1) 1