What does Josh Allen need to do in Bills last 6 games?

Matt Parrino

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Kurt Warner went Undrafted. So, you're telling me there's a chance?

There’s always a chance and I hope it happens.  :)  Warner was his conferences player of the year and got great experience in the AFL and Nfl Europe before the nfl.  I wish Allen could have done that.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There’s always a chance and I hope it happens.  :)  Warner was his conferences player of the year and got great experience in the AFL and Nfl Europe before the nfl.  I wish Allen could have done that.

I wish more than that for Josh. Just prove 6 other clubs wrong and I'm good with that lol! That said...

I'm thus far good with his rookie year. Gimme another 6 games to see, and we'll go from there. 

In hindsight, I was never on the EJ train. Never on the Losman train. I did,however, like captain checkdown for a minute lmao

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ok, I misinterpreted.  Of course, I did a tongue in cheek think comparing Allen to Tyrod.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  He won’t lose us games but he rarely won them.  I know he’s young but man, I want more out of our highest drafted qb ever.

I'd be fine if he was as proficient as Tyrod in his last 6 games. I think Allen's aspirations are higher than Tyrod's, though. Tyrod has no sense of urgency. He plays it safe almost 100% of the time.

I want to see Allen be urgent and not lose the game.

For Allen not to lose, he just needs to be successful in what he's trying to do: command the offense, connect on the deep ball, take advantage of mismatches, work the deep middle...whatever Daboll is asking him to do, I want to see him be successful overall.

Up to this point, I don't think he has been. The deep ball and pre-snap reads have been unsuccessful. He also noted himself that he needs to do a better job commanding the offense.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not be the worst starting qb in the nfl like he was pre injury.

i know people don’t want to hear it but he is off to a worst start to his career than EJ Manuel.  I still think EJ was put in awful situation (just like we repeated with Allen now) but he never took the next step.  I’m still not a fan of the pick but if he can take the next step (over 150 yards passing!!!), I would feel slightly better.

Jeesh...I watched every throw of both. Josh is way better already. I don't care about stats.I don't care about scheme. I don't care about surrounding cast. T hats the eyeball test...Josh is better. 

Was he statistically the worst starting QB in the league, prior injury? Show me

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope people don’t really think this.  Besides the top 5 guys, it’s insanely stupid to judge qbs on their records.  Allen “won” a game with 80 yards passing while Mahomes just “lost” one with 500 yards and 6 tds.

winning is better than losing in football

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I've never judged a QB on the team record and wouldn't do so with Josh Allen, either.

Certainly, Mahomes didn't lose that game.

That said, I want to see Josh Allen not lose.

Um...Mahomes personally turned the ball over 5 times.  So for as much as the Chiefs were in the game because of Mahomes, they also lost because of him including letting the defense score.  I mean they lost by 3, of course those turnovers mattered a ton including throwing a pick with a chance to still tie the game.  

So he certainly was a heavy contributor to that loss, and one could argue the main reason they lost.  I mean he gave the Rams personally 14 points and the ball 3 more times on top of that in a game they lost by 3.

Gaudy stats doesn't mean the turnovers get ignored when they directly lead to the loss.  Kudos to the kid, he fought his tail off, but the turnovers cost the Chiefs the game.  Kid will be alright, he has a short memory and is a fiery competitor...but he still gets to own his turnovers that were the difference in the game.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On the field, he just should continue to play with zeal. He has great fire and passion, and that's a solid foundation. I want to see him take advantage of his arm and going deep as much as possible (Aaron Rodgers, when the play breaks down, always seems inclined to throw deep- Allen should seek to emulate this approach). Off the field, at least according to pontificators in another thread, Allen should immediately adopt a kid and start beating him with a belt.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Um...Mahomes personally turned the ball over 5 times.  So for as much as the Chiefs were in the game because of Mahomes, they also lost because of him including letting the defense score.  I mean they lost by 3, of course those turnovers mattered a ton including throwing a pick with a chance to still tie the game.  

So he certainly was a heavy contributor to that loss, and one could argue the main reason they lost.  I mean he gave the Rams personally 14 points and the ball 3 more times on top of that in a game they lost by 3.

Gaudy stats doesn't mean the turnovers get ignored when they directly lead to the loss.  Kudos to the kid, he fought his tail off, but the turnovers cost the Chiefs the game.  Kid will be alright, he has a short memory and is a fiery competitor...but he still gets to own his turnovers that were the difference in the game.  

You got me. I didn't even watch it. ?

I was trusting @C.Biscuit97

The point remains the same.

• Like (+1) 1