What does Josh Allen need to do in Bills last 6 games?

Matt Parrino

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree with everything! Add Deonte to the mix. Go 4-2 and I'll be very encouraged for next year. Finally complete 60% of your passes. Run only when you have to.

LABillBacker - thanks for having my back here.  Meant to add completion rate and in all the confusion skipped Deonte Thompson!

Might we also limit sacks taken to 2 per game?

25 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Just get more comfortable and calmer in the pocket. Doesn’t need to put up big passing numbers for me, not this year at least.

.....progress in his reads & progressions as well as not being afraid to throw it away......no need to risk injury by attempting to carry the team on his shoulders.....and SLIDE son, SLIDE.....hurdles cause me an irregular heart beat........

• Like (+1) 1

stay healthy. continue to learn and learn from the mistakes you will make. grasp the speed of the game.

also in this next game.  don't cower down, use ramsey as motivation and show fans you are the future leader of this franchise?

most importantly, stay healthy, you can only learn so much from the sidelines.

Edited by no name

Progress = Hope. 

I need HOPE! 

I’m much less concerned about wins/losses this year than I am getting him ready for future seasons (like, say, 20). End on a high note with a level of play that is generally above what we saw earlier. See the game slow down for him. 

Oh, and make everybody forget about Mahomes!!!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Progress = Hope. 

I need HOPE! 

I’m much less concerned about wins/losses this year than I am getting him ready for future seasons (like, say, 20). End on a high note with a level of play that is generally above what we saw earlier. See the game slow down for him. 

Oh, and make everybody forget about Mahomes!!!   ?

...even competitiveness whether it results in a "W" or "L" works for me.....the emotional roller coaster of the Vikes' "W", the WTF head scratchers in between followed by the Jesters' COMPLETE "W" tax my nitro pill supply....same for competitive and CONSISTENT coaching...........

• Like (+1) 1

Not be the worst starting qb in the nfl like he was pre injury.

i know people don’t want to hear it but he is off to a worst start to his career than EJ Manuel.  I still think EJ was put in awful situation (just like we repeated with Allen now) but he never took the next step.  I’m still not a fan of the pick but if he can take the next step (over 150 yards passing!!!), I would feel slightly better.
Edited by C.Biscuit97

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not be the worst starting qb in the nfl like he was pre injury.

i know people don’t want to hear it but he is off to a worst start to his career than EJ Manuel.  I still think EJ was put in awful situation (just like we repeated with Allen now) but he never took the next step.  I’m still not a fan of the pick but if he can take the next step (over 150 yards passing!!!), I would feel slightly better.

What's ironic is that his biggest critics are setting the most realistic expectations.

The people looking for 250 plus yards a game and 10+ TD's are setting the bar too high and are in for serious disappointment. It's actually unfair to the kid. I just expect him to look like he belongs and show a modicum of consistency throwing the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's ironic is that his biggest critics are setting the most realistic expectations.

The people looking for 250 plus yards a game and 10+ TD's are setting the bar too high and are in for serious disappointment. It's actually unfair to the kid. I just expect him to look like he belongs and show a modicum of consistency throwing the ball.

A smart team won’t have even had him in a position to start at all this year.  Forcing a guy with questionable mechanics to play before he is ready on a crappy offense is so stupid.  But it’s done now.  And whether people want to admit it, done a dozen journeymen qbs like Anderson and Barkley moves the offense better than Allen did.

i just want him to show some consistency.  I know he has a cannon and is mobile but there’s so much more to being a nfl starting qb.  Just look competent.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope people don’t really think this.  Besides the top 5 guys, it’s insanely stupid to judge qbs on their records.  Allen “won” a game with 80 yards passing while Mahomes just “lost” one with 500 yards and 6 tds.

I've never judged a QB on the team record and wouldn't do so with Josh Allen, either.

Certainly, Mahomes didn't lose that game.

That said, I want to see Josh Allen not lose.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Greater pre/post snap recognition along with better poise, improved pocket presence, the ability to manipulate coverage and make accurate throws with touch, timing, and anticipation.  All signs that the game is slowing down for him. 

What I seen Mahommes do against a good Ram d-line was looking off the safeties before launching a dart. THATS what I wanna see him do. Listen, he is gifted with the best "arm talent" in the league. If he can become a cerebral assassin, look out NFL.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I've never judged a QB on the team record and wouldn't do so with Josh Allen, either.

Certainly, Mahomes didn't lose that game.

That said, I want to see Josh Allen not lose.

Ok, I misinterpreted.  Of course, I did a tongue in cheek think comparing Allen to Tyrod.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  He won’t lose us games but he rarely won them.  I know he’s young but man, I want more out of our highest drafted qb ever.

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

What I seen Mahommes do against a good Ram d-line was looking off the safeties before launching a dart. THATS what I wanna see him do. Listen, he is gifted with the best "arm talent" in the league. If he can become a cerebral assassin, look out NFL.

I want that too but he hasn’t really shown he could do that on any level.  College stats are overrated.  But I think the really good nfl qbs looked dominated the majority of the time in college.  Allen really never did that.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ok, I misinterpreted.  Of course, I did a tongue in cheek think comparing Allen to Tyrod.  Isn’t that why we got rid of Tyrod?  He won’t lose us games but he rarely won them.  I know he’s young but man, I want more out of our highest drafted qb ever.

I want that too but he hasn’t really shown he could do that on any level.  College stats are overrated.  But I think the really good nfl qbs looked dominated the majority of the time in college.  Allen really never did that.  

Kurt Warner went Undrafted. So, you're telling me there's a chance?