Any news on Trent Murphy?

blacklabel

If he comes back healthy and plays well for the last few games of the season, people will change their tune and like the signing.

People around here only have short term memory. Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad, but always inexplicable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

If he comes back healthy and plays well for the last few games of the season, people will change their tune and like the signing.

People around here only have short term memory. Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad, but always inexplicable.

I hated it from the beginning and I love Stanford players.  He’s never had double digit sacks, he has 18 in 4 years, and was coming off a major injury and PED suspension.  He also might have a fake birth certificate because there’s no way him or his body are 27.

much like rbs, get young pass rushers in the draft.  Much cheaper and fresher.  Unless McBeane needs to prove they didn’t make a mistake, a la Peterman, he shouldn’t be on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

this seems fair. people were ready to trade shaq lawson for a bag of footballs and a used jock strap before the season started. star lotula-lay-hee-hoo was considered the biggest waste of money this side of aaron maybin, and zay jones was the biggest bust in living memory. murphy has flashed some skill when on the field. so, if he can get healthy and stay that way for a while, he could be a nice piece to this defensive line for a couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sure we spent a lot on Trent, but think of the Chiefs signing Sammy "im basically made of glass" Watkins to $30M guaranteed money, $48M over three years. Over $20M this year alone.  I think thats more than Brady gets.

He's grabbin just 4 catches a game and has 3 TD's on the season.   Yikes.

And we thought Woods at $8M was too much.  Uhhhhh....No

Edited by Da webster guy