Playoffs at 8-8 this year

MClem06

Just now, nucci said:

and there we have it....I'd rather not make the playoffs for a better draft pick...wondering when I would see this...wouldn't Allen in a playoff game get more experience?

Huh? The poster was stating to start Barkley...

If Allen starts all games and the Bills make the playoffs I would be ecstatic 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Nope.

We're not interested in winning games this season because "It's All About Allen." If we were interested in winning games, we'd start the QB that gave us the best chance of winning.

And that would be Allen. Unless we get to play the Jets the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

IDK about indy but the playoff machine can't be wrong... LOL

people will insist the Bills can make it after they have been 100% mathematically and metaphysically eliminated

18 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

need a team to hand it over 3 times in the red zone for an easy 17-0 lead

or another Jets-like total tanking from the coin toss

could happen a few times, not 5 of the last 6 though

always a great Thanksgiving ritual of hundreds of fans rigging the Playoff Machine to get a 3-7 team into the playoffs....

so basically they have to run the table (no sweat) and 43 games have to bend to the Bills favour, with 20 of them titanic upsets....

rock on

and again they'll insist on some combination after the Bills are dead and dead with 100%

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Is there really any point possibly sneaking in (and by possibly I mean very unlikely) at 8-8 and then getting crushed in the first round by the Steelers or patriots?

I would much rather play Allen and let him develop, and then head into 2019 with a more experienced Allen.

And better draft picks at the same time.

In my opinion, building a winning culture happens by winning games, and if that means bringing along Allen more slowly, then I believe that will be better for his development in the long run. In other words, bringing up a QB in a winning team is better for that QB's development than bringing them up in a losing team. That's just my opinion.

I also enjoy my Sundays better when I'm watching the Bills win, rather than lose. Again, just my opinion.

17 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I wish I could believe that Allen is a better QB, right now. I do believe he has more potential in the long run, and I don't agree with the notion that he has to be developed as quickly as possible. Personally, just from what I've seen this season, it looks to me like Barkley is a better, more developed QB who is working very well with our receivers.

If I'm wrong, I also believe it would be much easier to bench Barkley than it would Allen. I think the coaches know this, as well, which is why I think they're more interested in playing Allan than winning vs. the Jags. And, I don't agree with that decision, either for building a winning culture, or developing Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

In my opinion, building a winning culture happens by winning games, and if that means bringing along Allen more slowly, then I believe that will be better for his development in the long run. In other words, bringing up a QB in a winning team is better for that QB's development than bringing them up in a losing team. That's just my opinion.

I also enjoy my Sundays better when I'm watching the Bills win, rather than lose. Again, just my opinion.

I wish I could believe that Allen is a better QB, right now. I do believe he has more potential in the long run, and I don't agree with the notion that he has to be developed as quickly as possible. Personally, just from what I've seen this season, it looks to me like Barkley is a better, more developed QB who is working very well with our receivers.

If I'm wrong, I also believe it would be much easier to bench Barkley than it would Allen. I think the coaches know this, as well, which is why I think they're more interested in playing Allan than winning vs. the Jags. And, I don't agree with that decision, either for building a winning culture, or developing Allen.

so you don't think going 5-1 is easypeasy done deal?

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Let me think about that...

No.

what would you tell someone in your life, like your son or nephew, who runs around boasting the Bills will easily make the playoffs....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

what would you tell someone in your life, like your son or nephew, who runs around boasting the Bills will easily make the playoffs....

Well, my son is eight years old, and I never lie to him. Ever. I always figure that I'm not raising children-- I'm raising the adults they will become. 

But, he watches the games with me. He knows the deal, more or less...

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, my son is eight years old, and I never lie to him. Ever. I always figure that I'm not raising children-- I'm raising the adults they will become. 

But, he watches the games with me. He knows the deal, more or less...

very good, Sir!

but he is at risk to fall into this outward whim-wishing behaviour if he picks teams doomed to fail during his first 30 years ....  :D

but it's good to see fans are extremely optimistic at 3-7 with a game at Foxboro coming up

32 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

II wish I could believe that Allen is a better QB, right now. I do believe he has more potential in the long run, and I don't agree with the notion that he has to be developed as quickly as possible. Personally, just from what I've seen this season, it looks to me like Barkley is a better, more developed QB who is working very well with our receivers.

You're trying to establish a winning culture, which I get. I hate watching the team lose, but I'd rather watch them lose with an eye on getting Allen as many reps as possible than watch them squeak out another game or two with a guy who we all know will flame out faster than Ryan Fitzpatrick. There's a reason Barkley was making donuts when he got the call, and one game vs the Jets -- a team that has literally given up -- doesn't change that.

So in the end, even if Barkley gets you another win or two or even three,  it's not worth taking reps from Allen. He has an extra six games to get reps in a real game. You absolutely must get him in for the rest of the year and get a jump on next year.

If he turns out to be the franchise QB for the Bills, then rest assured, whatever you lose on the merry-go-round you will make up on the carousel.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

very good, Sir!

but he is at risk to fall into this outward whim-wishing behaviour if he picks teams doomed to fail during his first 30 years ....  :D

but it's good to see fans are extremely optimistic at 3-7 with a game at Foxboro coming up

Such is the condition of a Bills fan.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

You're trying to establish a winning culture, which I get. I hate watching the team lose, but I'd rather watch them lose with an eye on getting Allen as many reps as possible than watch them squeak out another game or two with a guy who we all know will flame out faster than Ryan Fitzpatrick. There's a reason Barkley was making donuts when he got the call, and one game vs the Jets -- a team that has literally given up -- doesn't change that.

So in the end, even if Barkley gets you another win or two or even three,  it's not worth taking reps from Allen. He has an extra six games to get reps in a real game. You absolutely must get him in for the rest of the year and get a jump on next year.

If he turns out to be the franchise QB for the Bills, then rest assured, whatever you lose on the merry-go-round you will make up on the carousel.

Basically, the elements of starting Allen asap that I disagree with are:

A) Getting as many reps as possible in a deeply flawed team can't damage an exceptionally raw QB.

B) There is no efficacy in learning from the sideline.

C) Allen should be on the field before he is ready.

D) Not getting Allen reps in this deeply flawed offense will damage next season.

E) Winning doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, switz1610 said:

How does Indy not make it over us?

If us, Indy and another team are in a 3 way tie then head to head doesn't matter considering we lost to Indy. It would all depend on other circumstances at that point. It's just like last year, The Chargers beat us head to head and finished with the same record but because it was a 3 way tie between us, the Chargers and Ravens there were other tie breakers that came into play which is how we got in

Edited by Buffalo03

16 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Such is the condition of a Bills fan.

Basically, the elements of starting Allen asap that I disagree with are:

A) Getting as many reps as possible in a deeply flawed team can't damage an exceptionally raw QB.

B) There is no efficacy in learning from the sideline.

C) Allen should be on the field before he is ready.

D) Not getting Allen reps in this deeply flawed offense will damage next season.

E) Winning doesn't matter.

Try this...

A) Your idea of sitting Allen until he's ready disagrees with your belief that you just put Allen in when Barkley starts to suck. Barkley is going to suck*, you're going to start Allen when he does, and that doesn't sound like a plan to only put him on the field when he's ready. Which is it?

B) You can't learn to read in-game defenses from the bench, and that something he absolutely needs to learn quickly.

C) No one said 'winning doesn't matter.' That's you moving goal posts. What I wrote was Barkley winning you a few games in a season in which the playoffs are virtually out of reach is a fool's mission. You're trying to make yourself feel better on Sundays, and forsaking the big picture. 

D)The 2019 Buffalo Bills pre-season starts Sunday. They get six extra games. Make them work...see how the last three games progress...so you know where you're going next year.

*In the end, you're just hoping to have a better Sunday. You can do that if you have a plan beyond "Barkley is the best option." It starts by watching Barkley throw the ball against anyone other than the Jets. When he starts his throwing motion, you can get up, go to the kitchen, pour yourself a beer and eat three wings by the time the ball comes out of his hands. The Jets let him do that. The Jaguars will not.