Playoffs at 8-8 this year

MClem06

1)Figured we lose to NE as the only loss and find a way to win 5

2) We can tie with Miami at 8-8 and Tennessee at 8-8 and still make it.

3) Far fetched but hey it's fun to mess with that playoff machine :)

4) GO BILLS, Josh - You can do it!

8-8.thumb.jpg.e99ce2af4764b5f63881f1e88a76e979.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This week's game is the biggest one.  A wounded but talented Jacksonville team.  The Bills have coaching and a bit of momentum on their side, plus the added boost of getting Allen's enthusiasm back into the lineup.

Win this week and I begin to expect 7-7 heading to Foxboro.  Then anything is possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

1)Figured we lose to NE as the only loss and find a way to win 5

2) We can tie with Miami at 8-8 and Tennessee at 8-8 and still make it.

3) Far fetched but hey it's fun to mess with that playoff machine :)

4) GO BILLS, Josh - You can do it!

8-8.thumb.jpg.e99ce2af4764b5f63881f1e88a76e979.jpg

colts?

23 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

I don't think 5-1 in the last stretch is completely out of the question if our QB of the future can find a grove.

which makes that ne game a playoff game and if things shape up this way, i like our chances to beat the pats.

25 minutes ago, eball said:

This week's game is the biggest one.  A wounded but talented Jacksonville team.  The Bills have coaching and a bit of momentum on their side, plus the added boost of getting Allen's enthusiasm back into the lineup.

Win this week and I begin to expect 7-7 heading to Foxboro.  Then anything is possible.

que the barkley/allen thing.  idk, with allen i'm a nervous wreck.  i was wrong before the last game so i'm praying i'm wrong again.

42 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

I don't think 5-1 in the last stretch is completely out of the question if our QB of the future can find a grove.

One can dream

43 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

Playoffs or not, 5-1 with Allen starting is a win for the organization 

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Pretty much requires every other wild card contending AFC team to lose all their games.

Looks to me like if all the other wildcard contenders go 2-4 down the stretch, 8-8 gets you there. 

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

just looked at indy's schedule. they play miami at home this week...hmmm...think about how that could work to our benefit....

anyway then they have texans/titans/cowboys/giants and jags. they might just fall off....

Seems easy to me.

53 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Nope.

We're not interested in winning games this season because "It's All About Allen." If we were interested in winning games, we'd start the QB that gave us the best chance of winning.

Is there really any point possibly sneaking in (and by possibly I mean very unlikely) at 8-8 and then getting crushed in the first round by the Steelers or patriots?

I would much rather play Allen and let him develop, and then head into 2019 with a more experienced Allen.

And better draft picks at the same time.

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Is there really any point possibly sneaking in (and by possibly I mean very unlikely) at 8-8 and then getting crushed in the first round by the Steelers or patriots?

I would much rather play Allen and let him develop, and then head into 2019 with a more experienced Allen.

And better draft picks at the same time.

and there we have it....I'd rather not make the playoffs for a better draft pick...wondering when I would see this...wouldn't Allen in a playoff game get more experience?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1