David Carr: Vikings Made a Mistake Paying Cousins $84M

26CornerBlitz

On 11/20/2018 at 9:48 PM, Warcodered said:

He did seem to be padding his stats at the end of the game with the Bills.

Thank goodness, because I had him as my fantasy QB that week

On 11/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, GunnerBill said:

Stafford is a franchise QB. He is not elite. The elite QBs in the NFL are Brady, Rodgers, Brees and arguably Big Ben. 

And Rivers

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I agree with a Cousins to Smith comparison; but I think Rivers and Stafford are both on another level - much closer to the Brees/Brady/Rodgers tier.

Rivers and Stafford have, in my opinion, been victim to poorly coached/run teams.  Their individual stats are pretty incredible.  I don't think Cousins come close to any of them and Smith is far behind Cousins.

Totally agree.  I watched this guy play in Washington every week.  He is not a winner, not a leader.  He puts up meaningless stats but does not lift his team.  He is the opposite of a big game QB.  Skins fans were happy to see him go.  He has nowhere near the talent of either Rivers or Stafford.  Good for him that he out manuvered the Skins and cashed in, but he was never going to be worth the money. Keenum is less talented but has heart that Cousins will never have.  Minnesota screwed up here.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s playing just how he did in Washington.. Vikings got exactly who Kirk Cousins is and always will be.  That’s how free agency is though.. Yiu don’t overpay you don’t get the player.  

Shouldnt this frighten every single one of us because of "All the cap space the bills have"

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Anybody know what it would cost to bring Flacco in as a back up next year if the Ravens cut him? Idk how to read contract numbers but if the Ravens move on what roughly would it cost to bring him in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco-4000/

Flacco won't go to any team to be a backup. He will be a starter somewhere, even if as a mentor to a rookie before hanging it up 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:41 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Agreed. Many here wanted the Bills to be in the Cousins sweepstakes.  I never thought it was a good idea. 

I for one thought he would be better than Tyrod. Not sure if I’m ever okay paying the new going rate for a QB every year tho...

On 11/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, Hebert19 said:

Hes also likely to finish top 5 in yards in the history of the league.  Is he too 5?  No.  Stats can lie.  Why did he have to make comebacks.  Why does a team with a franchise elite qb never make the playoffs.  

Wins are team stats.

Stafford and Rivers have been playing very well for a long time while surrounded by mediocrity. 

I wouldn't quite call either guy elite, But Rivers has been around the top six or so for a very long time. 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they will regret it, but I think their real mistake was giving Riley Reiff and Mike Remmers a crap ton of money, because those guys suck. They need to keep Cousins upright. 

Remmers sucked in Carolina. I live in Charlotte and every Panthers fan I knew was jumping for joy when they didn't re-sign him. He got destroyed in that Super Bowl loss.

A lot like Bengals fans with Bodine ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

$28M/year says the former, but he's not the kind of player that merits the hefty price tag like the upper echelon QBs around the league. 

Since when has that mattered?

Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Cousins.  None are worth $30 mill per season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, LSHMEAB said:

He's very similar to Stat Padford.

Not a big fan of either guy. They're not terrible, but they never get it done consistently enough to be elite.

Stat Padford is one of the best nicknames coined for a player. I frickin love it (courtesy of Rob Parker)

He's like.. 1-15 in primetime games. Horrible record vs winning teams

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Stat Padford is one of the best nicknames coined for a player. I frickin love it (courtesy of Rob Parker)

He's like.. 1-15 in primetime games. Horrible record vs winning teams

They're such anomalies(both he and second Cousins) because I'm an analytics guy but it's obvious based on the eye test that some guys just don't get it done when you need it.

I know there are leverage stats that tell a more complete story.