Shuttle trip from Downtown to Stadium

CTBLO716

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

R-E-L-A-X!

This is a message board. People are going to crack jokes. If you sift through the thread, you'll pick up some tidbits of information that may actually help.

If there was one easy and practical solution, it would have been posted already. That is one problem with having a stadium (which I love!) out in BFE. There are pros and cons. I like the approach of hanging in the lots until the rest of the world is in the comfort of their homes, and the roads are clear.....but that is heavily weather dependent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If there was one easy and practical solution, it would have been posted already. That is one problem with having a stadium (which I love!) out in BFE. There are pros and cons. I like the approach of hanging in the lots until the rest of the world is in the comfort of their homes, and the roads are clear.....but that is heavily weather dependent. 

Right. It is what it is.

In a perfect world, my number 1 problem in life would be that there wasn't direct public transportation from one location to another! 

Seems like some people tried to give some tips. Some people made jokes. Just don't understand the bitter response.

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. It is what it is.

In a perfect world, my number 1 problem in life would be that there wasn't direct public transportation from one location to another! 

Seems like some people tried to give some tips. Some people made jokes. Just don't understand the bitter response.

He’s probably hoping for an easy answer. “Take the #7 bus from in front of your hotel to Gate B where you go directly to your seat”. Or “for $12 you can jump on a shuttle from ECC and you’ll be there in minutes, with a return ticket.” There really SHOULD be some better answer. NOT making fun of him for it, because it’s always been an issue for me since I left town. There is no easy answer, but it’s worth it when you come upon a plan! 

22 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is a message board. People are going to crack jokes. If you sift through the thread, you'll pick up some tidbits of information that may actually help.

So far, nothing I read helps the OP.

In fact the NFTA bus to McKinley Mall is bad advice.

Methinks there isn't a magic downtown bus, or someone would have already pointed it out.

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Methinks there isn't a magic downtown bus, or someone would have already pointed it out.

Note to Pegulas: If there actually was such a thing, I just might attend a few more games from out of town. What would you pay round trip? Another revenue stream? To and from the stadium is one of my major sticking points. Details of exactly how that might work? Not sure but it seems like something worth putting some brain power into and see if it’s a reasonable option. 

But I disagree there is no value upthread. Uber there is easy, wait at a lot (in decent weather) or bar for a couple hours to Uber back.  

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. It is what it is.

Its not that its a bitter response, its my first time actually having to find a way to get to the stadium so understand my frustration/aniexty/excitement of making my way back up to the ralph. 

• Like (+1) 1

Has anyone tried the Rally Bus from this downtown restaurant to the stadium?

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/09/dinosaur_bbq_rally_bus_team_up_to_take_buffalo_bills_fans_to_games.html

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and Rally, a bus-booking company, are partnering up to take Buffalo Bills fans to games in New Era Field this season.

People who buy tickets on the Rally rides will be picked up and dropped off at Dinosaur restaurants in Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.

Ticket prices are based on mileage and the length of the event, according to Rally and the Dinosaur. Round-trip tickets from Syracuse to New Era Field start at $50; prices can be more as the game gets closer.

The ticket price includes a round-trip seat on a bus with bucket seats, Wi-Fi and a bathroom. The buses arrive in time to tailgate and depart 45 minutes after the game ends. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Note to Pegulas: If there actually was such a thing, I just might attend a few more games from out of town. What would you pay round trip? Another revenue stream? To and from the stadium is one of my major sticking points. Details of exactly how that might work? Not sure but it seems like something worth putting some brain power into and see if it’s a reasonable option. 

But I disagree there is no value upthread. Uber there is easy, wait at a lot (in decent weather) or bar for a couple hours to Uber back.  

In all honesty we were hoping to find good advice and hopefully find people to get hammered and tailgate with. Taking an uber takes away the fun. But being we are downtown at the Pegula hotels i thought maybe there was some sort of party bus that would be available. They should take note to the bills as much as they do to the sabres down around there

9 minutes ago, CTBLO716 said:

Its not that its a bitter response, its my first time actually having to find a way to get to the stadium so understand my frustration/aniexty/excitement of making my way back up to the ralph. 

It’s OK, I realize it’s difficult and maybe this rally bus is something I need to know about! 

2 minutes ago, CTBLO716 said:

In all honesty we were hoping to find good advice and hopefully find people to get hammered and tailgate with. Taking an uber takes away the fun. But being we are downtown at the Pegula hotels i thought maybe there was some sort of party bus that would be available. They should take note to the bills as much as they do to the sabres down around there

I disagree that Uber significantly reduces the fun level, but it SERIOUSLY agree that it adds to the degree of difficulty on the ride home. 

But I DID have an awesome bus ride to the Redskins Super Bowl when we got on the wrong bus from the hotel, joining a bunch a German guys with backpacks full of Budweiser! They had ZERO respect for American beer, and were handing out 12 packs like Halloween candy! WooHoo! 

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, CTBLO716 said:

As you can see, there isn't much going from downtown hotels to OP on game days. Put a suggestion slip in at the front desk of the Harbor Center and see what happens. Did you talk to the concierge? They are awesome. What is your budget? 

So, now you can do some research. What did you learn? I'm here to help.

1 hour ago, boater said:

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

Talk to the NFTA because they ran a stadium shuttle up until last year. They dropped it because it wasn't used enough. Not sure what tell the OP.  The options are a) Uber/Lyft, b) taxi, c) rent a car, d) bus to McKinley Mall and walk, or e) be real charming and hook up with someone you can bum a ride with. Sorry there aren't better options.

21 minutes ago, Sanners said:

As you can see, there isn't much going from downtown hotels to OP on game days. Put a suggestion slip in at the front desk of the Harbor Center and see what happens. Did you talk to the concierge? They are awesome. What is your budget? 

So, now you can do some research. What did you learn? I'm here to help.

Did talk to the hotels and area bars, nothing is running. Cant understand why Pegula would spend that much money revamping Harbor Center and nothing shuttling out of town fans to the game. Guess uber is where its at. Where can we all meet then?

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Talk to the NFTA because they ran a stadium shuttle up until last year. They dropped it because it wasn't used enough. Not sure what tell the OP.  The options are a) Uber/Lyft, b) taxi, c) rent a car, d) bus to McKinley Mall and walk, or e) be real charming and hook up with someone you can bum a ride with. Sorry there aren't better options.

That has to make you wonder. Is that a public transportation perception thing? Did it not leave or arrive at decent proximity to things? Were people just unaware of it? A marketing thing? More questions than answers, but I know I’d use it on some trips. Of course, I’d like to bring a disposable cooler with me. 

4 minutes ago, CTBLO716 said:

Did talk to the hotels and area bars, nothing is running. Cant understand why Pegula would spend that much money revamping Harbor Center and nothing shuttling out of town fans to the game. Guess uber is where its at. Where can we all meet then?

Hammers lot is the place to be. I’m not good at details, I arrived when the sun was rising, and left when it was dark in my brain. 

10 minutes ago, CTBLO716 said:

You realize that the stadium is in OP, about 15 miles from downtown, right?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

That has to make you wonder. Is that a public transportation perception thing? Did it not leave or arrive at decent proximity to things? Were people just unaware of it? A marketing thing? More questions than answers, but I know I’d use it on some trips. Of course, I’d like to bring a disposable cooler with me. 

Hammers lot is the place to be. I’m not good at details, I arrived when the sun was rising, and left when it was dark in my brain. 

im with ct blo 716 im coming back home for the weekend need a place to tailgate since im flying in and wont have a vehicle 

6 minutes ago, teds hotdog tester said:

im with ct blo 716 im coming back home for the weekend need a place to tailgate since im flying in and wont have a vehicle 

It’s a very welcoming crowd, but maybe you best go to the tailgate sign up page? (Don’t hate me, @mead107) I won’t be there. Bring a contribution, and have fun. 

Edited by Augie