Given the Keys to Draft How Would U Drive The Car ?

T master

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You might be getting Greedy!  Pun intended ?

I'd take him!     Now again if there's a LT like the one from Alabama you have to consider him too.   I don't think there is a blue chip WR this year worth looking at in the top 10.  And if someone offered to move up you have to consider that as well.  I just don't see a bunch of guys teams will be clamoring to move up for.  QB class is weak, WR class is deep with #2s and #3s but thin at the top. There are bunch of edge rushers but are we even in the market?  And if it's not Bosa/Oliver really not interested in top 10.   

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'd take him!     Now again if there's a LT like the one from Alabama you have to consider him too.   I don't think there is a blue chip WR this year worth looking at in the top 10.  And if someone offered to move up you have to consider that as well.  I just don't see a bunch of guys teams will be clamoring to move up for.  QB class is weak, WR class is deep with #2s and #3s but thin at the top. There are bunch of edge rushers but are we even in the market?  And if it's not Bosa/Oliver really not interested in top 10.   

What about Josh Allen?  Looks like Kalil Mack Jr to me.  

Looking at our upcoming schedule I see victories over the Lions, Jets and Dolphins at home, a loss at NE and then two 50/50 games, home with Jax and road with Dolphins.

Im guessing we end 7-9 and end up behind the following teams (no specific order)

Jets

Browns

Jaguars

Raiders

Broncos

NY Giants

Lions

Bucs

Cardunals

49ers

meaning we would be picking 11 or later.

For this draft a pretty decent spot, assuming Bosa, Oliver and Williams are three Dline picks, Williams and Baker are top 10 CB, White and Allen top LB go in top 10 and OL Jonah Williams and Bama safety Thompson also go top 10 and throw in at least one QB, we would have pick of top WR, top 3 OT, 3rd LB,  or 3rd corner.

Based on free agent signings and development of players over the last six weeks, we would work from their

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What about Josh Allen?  Looks like Kalil Mack Jr to me.  

I wish I had seen him play enough to have an opinion.   I like to wait until January to really dig into the draft.    But looking at what we have in Hughes/Lawson/Murphy it doesn't seem like a weak position, not when we need help at OL/WR/CB  

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

First pick would be a CB in the top 10.  Should be one worth taking that high up and should get us a blue chip corner to pair with Tre and complete a very good secondary.   

My next pick would be BPA but would slant to either OL/WR.   Then OL/WR again.    In the 4th round I would probably use some of my later picks and move up for either a LB or TE.   Still looking for starters at that point.   

Greedy Williams is currently seen as the near-consensus top cornerback. He'd pair up nicely with Tre and they'd be on the same page instantly having been LSU teammates.

As for what I would do or what I think McBeane may do... if they end up with a top ten pick, I can see them trading down to acquire more capital ONLY IF a premier player isn't on the board when it's their turn. If one of those top-end DL are still hanging around when they pick at 5, 6, 7, wherever, I'd take one of those guys. 

So far, every big board of the top 50 or 100 prospects I've checked out is like, 75% defensive players. It's an insanely good year if you're looking to add to your defense... it's not so good if you're trying to build on offense. There are a few top-notch OL but even those guys need time to adapt to the NFL game just because of the offensive styles they're playing in school. Jonah Williams makes a lot of sense given he would have a head start having played for Daboll before. There aren't any clear cut elite QBs, same with receivers...  Noah Fant out of Iowa looks like a baller but do you spend a high end pick on a tight end? I don't see this front office prioritizing the TE position that highly. RBs can be found in the mid-rounds... so... don't be surprised if they go defense early and look for a good value on offense in the second or third rounds. Ideally, I think they'd like to trade down in the first round and collect some more picks in the second and third rounds where the it makes sense to spend on offense. I see them working hard in FA to solidify the offense, which makes sense. Sure, you wanna build thru the draft but with the time it takes to develop young offensive skill position players, it makes sense to try and get some guys in here that already have pro experience. And adding to an already strong unit (defense) is a good strategy as it provides really good depth and the ability to keep guys fresh with their rotations.

It's gonna be an interesting off-season.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Hypothetically if the best player at 6 is a safety do you still take him?

I know you didn't ask me, but that's a tough one. Ed Reed type? probably. Otherwise, trade down or bpa at a need. The bpa at a need could be seen as a reach though. That's why I say that's a tough question.

Edited by Dopey

It depends on what they do in FA. If Greedy from LSU is on the board, you draft him. If he isnt you go BPA or trade down trying to acquire more picks in this draft rather than future drafts. OL help can come in the mid rounds. Lorenzo Alexander may only be around another year or two and I dont see his replacement on the roster right now. 

To me it depends on where they pick. I’m a believer that you never reach on a position and should try to draft to the strength of a draft because you get better value. If I’m picking at 6 (where things stand currently) I’m almost certainly picking a defensive player at this point. The value is just better. Greedy Williams, Ed Oliver and Quinnen Williams would probably be my realistic targets. There are a bunch of day 2, early day 3 OL and WRs. 

Maybe something like:

- Quinnen Williams

- Kelvin Harmon

- Ross Pierschbacher

- Anthony Johnson

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Hypothetically if the best player at 6 is a safety do you still take him?

Well it’s not an exact science, and just because I think the S is the BPA doesn’t means Beane does too.  But no, S is not one I would take there, but S will not be hands down the BPA at 6.  

Remember, my preference is to trade down there.  But i would not take say a WR that’s a late first rounder at best over say a premiere CB, LB, or DL there that could potentially help elevate our D to something similar to what Seattle was at its best.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

First pick would be a CB in the top 10.  Should be one worth taking that high up and should get us a blue chip corner to pair with Tre and complete a very good secondary.   

My next pick would be BPA but would slant to either OL/WR.   Then OL/WR again.    In the 4th round I would probably use some of my later picks and move up for either a LB or TE.   Still looking for starters at that point.   

We need to find a capable RB in rounds 3-5 IMO as well