Given the Keys to Draft How Would U Drive The Car ?

T master

With the season almost past it's half way point & some teams with the huge possibility of not being in the play off race or at least the odds stacked against them to make it there, there has been some talk about the draft for the 2019 season .

If you were the guy to make the call when the Bills number was up who or what position would be of the utmost importance to you & the future of the team ?

Would it be O line ? WR ? TE ? LB ? DB ? or another position that you believe is lacking that could put the Bills over the top for years to come ?

Personally i believe it all starts in the trenches both on Defense & Offense & i would go with building the offensive line taking the best available linemen which looks like it could be (for me) the kid from Bama, Williams as my first over all pick I know it's not real sexy but given Dawkins, Teller, & Bodine being Okay we need a good RT & he fits the Billz !!

If this is something that has already been posted my apology ! 

• Like (+1) 1

Impossible to answer this now.  What draft slot we get will heavily influence this answer and so will FA.  But if forced to answer now...

BPA in first or trade down.  It’s a defensive heavy top 10, so depends where we finish year on our draft slot.  I wouldn’t pass on an elite defensive prospect say in top 5 and reach for an offensive guy just because we need offense more.  I would take the best player and make our D elite or I would trade down for more assets and load up on offense.

My preference is to trade down.  I would take 2 OL and 2 WRs in draft...again depends a LOT also on what we do in FA.

We also need to look at CB, TE, and maybe RB in draft too...again depending on what we need do in FA.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

First pick would be a CB in the top 10.  Should be one worth taking that high up and should get us a blue chip corner to pair with Tre and complete a very good secondary.   

My next pick would be BPA but would slant to either OL/WR.   Then OL/WR again.    In the 4th round I would probably use some of my later picks and move up for either a LB or TE.   Still looking for starters at that point.   

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

First pick would be a CB in the top 10.  Should be one worth taking that high up and should get us a blue chip corner to pair with Tre and complete a very good secondary.   

My next pick would be BPA but would slant to either OL/WR.   Then OL/WR again.    In the 4th round I would probably use some of my later picks and move up for either a LB or TE.   Still looking for starters at that point.   

Even with Taron Johnson in the fold and McBeane's ability to evaluate DB's and draft them in later rounds?  I'm not taking a DB in the first round unless it's the next Jalen Ramsey (without the douchiness).

BPA or trade back.  Definitely making OL and WR a priority.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, T master said:

Personally i believe it all starts in the trenches both on Defense & Offense & i would go with building the offensive line taking the best available linemen which looks like it could be (for me) the kid from Bama, Williams as my first over all pick I know it's not real sexy but given Dawkins, Teller, & Bodine being Okay we need a good RT & he fits the Billz !!

If this is something that has already been posted my apology ! 

But how do you feel about it impersonally? 

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Even with Taron Johnson in the fold and McBeane's ability to evaluate DB's and draft them in later rounds?  I'm not taking a DB in the first round unless it's the next Jalen Ramsey (without the douchiness).

BPA or trade back.  Definitely making OL and WR a priority.

I'm just saying what I would do, if given the keys.  I want a pair of lockdown corner to go with our good safeties.   Johnson is good at nickel and we should leave him there.   If we draft a CB top 10, and then in 2020 we extend Tre it will be 8-9 years before we need corners on the outside again.   That sounds nice to me, especially entering Josh Allen's prime where we will need WRs and OL and we'll have to pay them. 

53 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Impossible to answer this now.  What draft slot we get will heavily influence this answer and so will FA.  But if forced to answer now...

BPA in first or trade down.  It’s a defensive heavy top 10, so depends where we finish year on our draft slot.  I wouldn’t pass on an elite defensive prospect say in top 5 and reach for an offensive guy just because we need offense more.  I would take the best player and make our D elite or I would trade down for more assets and load up on offense.

My preference is to trade down.  I would take 2 OL and 2 WRs in draft...again depends a LOT also on what we do in FA.

We also need to look at CB, TE, and maybe RB in draft too...again depending on what we need do in FA.

Hypothetically if the best player at 6 is a safety do you still take him?

48 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'm just saying what I would do, if given the keys.  I want a pair of lockdown corner to go with our good safeties.   Johnson is good at nickel and we should leave him there.   If we draft a CB top 10, and then in 2020 we extend Tre it will be 8-9 years before we need corners on the outside again.   That sounds nice to me, especially entering Josh Allen's prime where we will need WRs and OL and we'll have to pay them. 

You might be getting Greedy!  Pun intended ?

• Haha (+1) 1