Your Concert Experiences

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My cousins go to this every year.  Muse is a great band; doesn't surprise me that they put on a good show.  I've seen QOTSA a couple times (one time was at a Lollapalooza with Incubus.  Incubus was awesome); they are fantastic live.

It's weird seeing Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots on there.

I've seen Bullet for my Valentine - they were good.  The Struts have a great sound - I wouldn't mind seeing them.  The Halestorm chick is hot.  They do a nice cover of "Still of the Night."

One of my closest friends is a Dead Head and he loves Dead & Co., too.

Have you heard Greta Van Fleet?

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I watched her during the OJ trial.  That's one ugly woman.

Your an idiot. ??

No, seriously, curious to hear your take on them. They're a throwback to a 60's sound that is quite remarkable one way or another that is worth a listen.  I only gave them a shot at Rebellion when some high school kids my friend and I were chatting with talked them up.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Your an idiot. ??

No, seriously, curious to hear your take on them. They're a throwback to a 60's sound that is quite remarkable one way or another that is worth a listen.  I only gave them a shot at Rebellion when some high school kids my friend and I were chatting with talked them up.

I will check them out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody seen Queen + Adam Lambert? Trying to figure out if they're worth seeing. Brian May is obviously incredible. Adam Lambert definitely seems to have the vocal chops from the videos I've seen. He doesn't try to replicate Freddie, but still does the songs justice. From what I've seen his stage prescence isn't much, but that might just be the few videos I've seen, or the fact that I'm comparing him to the greatest front man in history. 

I did see the 'Queen' show with Adam Lambert and I liked it.  They did a duet style with Freddie on screen and the guy who plays drums sang the part of David Bowie... Under Pressure.  Really well done.  Lambert was doing his best flamboyant style changing in and out of costumes after almost every song and has a good stage presence and voice.  Brian May was good too... although he did this one solo instrumental song that was all astro-physical and weird.  Other than that I had a good time.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Best zepplin cover band around. 

I mean that in the best and worst of ways! 

2 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I like em but yeah they’re almost “too” Zepplin. 

I checked them out.  I've heard them before.  I agree that they are too Zeppelin.  I'd never buy their albums, but I bet they put on a good show.  They'd probably make more money as a top tier Zep tribute band.

EDIT:  I may be biased, as I'm a very big fan of the real Led Zeppelin.

Edited by Gugny

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I checked them out.  I've heard them before.  I agree that they are too Zeppelin.  I'd never buy their albums, but I bet they put on a good show.  They'd probably make more money as a top tier Zep tribute band.

Ive seen them live a few times and they are great- but as you mention, never ended up buying an album.

very young and very talented- so curious where they end up down the line still

On 11/20/2018 at 11:27 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Four Questions.

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen

The Who

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen

Its a Beautiful Day :sick:

3) Bucket List Concert

The Boss (Springsteen)

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc.

The Beatles

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Granted I only heard one or two songs, but I got more of a Rush vibe than Zeppelin. 

To your point about making money as a Zeppelin tribute, the band Train, who I'm not a huge fan of other than a few songs, got their start as a Zeppelin tribute. They recorded a note for note cover of Zeppelin II and was really good. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Granted I only heard one or two songs, but I got more of a Rush vibe than Zeppelin. 

To your point about making money as a Zeppelin tribute, the band Train, who I'm not a huge fan of other than a few songs, got their start as a Zeppelin tribute. They recorded a note for note cover of Zeppelin II and was really good. 

Gretta Van Fleet does a really good cover of the song Rolling in the Deep.

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I watched her during the OJ trial.  That's one ugly woman.

she did a ton of plastic work and reincarnated on FOX, i didn't watch much of her

15 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I like em but yeah they’re almost “too” Zepplin. 

i could do without the re-enactment of some of the antics on stage of the most embarrassing man in rock history Robert Plant

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i could do without the re-enactment of some of the antics on stage of the most embarrassing man in rock history Robert Plant

(Insert sound of needle scratching album, followed by silence, here.)

WHAT?!!??!!??!

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

she did a ton of plastic work and reincarnated on FOX, i didn't watch much of her

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

WHAT?!!??!!??!

Yeah. You can't just make such a bold statement without providing some sort of context. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

WHAT?!!??!!??!

him flouncing and camping around with his jeans below ***** level region....

or maybe that's your favourite part of it all

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

him flouncing and camping around with his jeans below ***** level region....

or maybe that's your favourite part of it all

The singer in Greta Van Fleet is like Plant's Mini-Me, funny midget! :lol:

1) funniest was Beck

2) most dissappoing was NIN with MM.

3) my bucket list bands have passed their glory, but metallica in their prime would have been awesome. I saw them, but both they and I were too old to still thrash.

4)AIC.

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen= The Newsboys (Great Christian band, High energy, incredible show!)

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen= All of the concerts I have seen have been good so far. 

3) Bucket List Concert= U2 ( Just an all-time great band that I would love to see!) 

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc.= The Beach Boys ( I'm talking about the original Beach Boys that consists of all three Wilson's, Mike Love and Al Jardine.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

1) Believe it or not, Weird Al Yankovic. Dude puts on one hell of a show, with costume changes, and videos, and crowd interaction. Of course playing everything from rock, rap, pop, country, and even a polka song or two. 

2) The Charlie Daniels Band. I love the CDB, but I was pretty disappointed. Half the concert were "solo" songs from the band members with Charlie not even on the stage, and a five minute drum solo. Also, played a lot of newer stuff.

EDIT: Scratch that. My fiance's cousin got two free tickets to Panic! At The Disco/Weezer. Panic was unbearable. Not my music, and you couldn't hear anything over the screaming teenage girls. Lead singer made a bunch of pandering political/social comments, and dropped a lot of F-bombs. I'm not offended by the F bombs, but it had they "Hey kids, look how cool I am because I can say this word into a microphone." vibe. Thankfully, most of the little kids left after them, and Weezer put on a really good show.  

3) The Rolling Stones

4) If I had to name one, it would probably be Queen obviously with Freddie. Adam Lambert isn't bad. Dude's got some chops for sure, and I'd like to see them someday. But the stage presence that Freddie had, and the way he could just put on a show was amazing. 

On 11/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Best Player Available said:

Wish granted: Rolling Stones  4/28/19 Houston tx. tickets on sale 11/3018

So yeah. I figured my wife was getting me Stones tickets. And I'd have been ecstatic to sit in the nosebleeds. She got my whole family to pitch in to get me on the field. Literally cried when I opened the gift. 

stones.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1