Your Concert Experiences

51 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Just got tickets for Red Rocks 8/2-8/3 for My Morning Jacket! Can't wait. Most beautiful place to me.

Saw my Umphrey's McGee there a couple years ago.  Front row.  I mean FRONT ROW.  A friend know security there and gets to sit in the ADA section.  Absolutely amazing.  

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen-- Green Day or Michael Bublé

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen-- Fall out Boy...omg there are no words to describe how awful this concert was.

3) Bucket List Concert-- U2

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc. Elvis, Queen or Michael Jackson

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

"...Jim James makes Enya sound like a Russian couple arguing at the bowling alley..."

hqdefault.thumb.jpg.00b031c1a157f2224daed24bfeff3f5a.jpg

My Morning Straitjacket!

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Saw my Umphrey's McGee there a couple years ago.  Front row.  I mean FRONT ROW.  A friend know security there and gets to sit in the ADA section.  Absolutely amazing.  

I LOVE when they do mashups. That's so cool you had front rows.

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

My Morning Straitjacket!

I LOVE when they do mashups. That's so cool you had front rows.

Always front row for UM. I know I’ve shared this before but I stand out like a sore thumb in this picture. I didn’t get the “no whirte shirt” memo. 

69E07D69-5490-4A94-B65B-422A440A65CA.jpeg

In no particular order...

Frank Sinatra at The Kennedy Center

Frank Sinatra at Constitution Hall

Frank Sinatra at Boston’s Symphony Hall

Vladimir Ashkenazy at Kleinhans

Steely Dan at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountainview (with The Dean and friends)

Van Morrison at San Francico’s Masonic Theater ( also with The Dean et al)

Rolling Stones at MSG

Zappa at The Aud

Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, James Cotton at Sheas

Lynyrd Skynard at the old Century

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Crossing Elton John off of my bucket list on Sunday night.

My sister got an invitation to a friends 50th BDay party at his MANSION in Newport, RI. (I’ve seen the place from the road, and it’s ridiculous! Forget the Marble House, that would be the guest house. This guy hit it big in the IT world.)  The invite was very explicit, show up a minute late and the gates will be closed.

They thought, oh well, sounds goofy, but we won’t be late. Fabulous Gala, then after a while the helicopter comes in. Yep, Elton John does birthday parties! You got the ca$h, he does the show! 

1) Best Concert You've Ever Seen

Insane Clown Posse

2) Worst Concert You've Ever Seen

Elton John

3) Bucket List Concert

Master P 

4) Concert you wish you could see, but can't due to death/bandbreakup etc.

Big Pun

• Haha (+1) 1

The first concert I ever went to was at the Aud.  Billy Squire opened for Foreigner.  In doing some google searching, looks like that may have been 1981; I was 10 years old.  

Went with my mother, sister, and her friend!

One vivid memory: at intermission the lights went back on and the entire upper third of the Aud was absolutely filled with a giant cloud of smoke, mostly coming from pot but also regular cigarettes too.  It seemed like every person in the building was smoking something.

A different time.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

One vivid memory: at intermission the lights went back on and the entire upper third of the Aud was absolutely filled with a giant cloud of smoke, mostly coming from pot but also regular cigarettes too.

At some of the hard rock concerts, some of that smoke would have been contributed by firecrackers and skyrockets.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

At some of the hard rock concerts, some of that smoke would have been contributed by firecrackers and skyrockets.

The Astros fire off firecrackers to start the game, and after every homerun. If the roof is closed, takes about half an inning to clear up.

Saw Elton last night. Paid more than I should admit for nosebleeds. Worth every penny. He can't hit the higher notes like he used to, but I've never been impressed by his singing ability to begin with. His songwriting is what got me hooked. But the dude can play the keys like it's nobody's business. Played for just short of three hours. 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:49 PM, Augie said:

My sister got an invitation to a friends 50th BDay party at his MANSION in Newport, RI. (I’ve seen the place from the road, and it’s ridiculous! Forget the Marble House, that would be the guest house. This guy hit it big in the IT world.)  The invite was very explicit, show up a minute late and the gates will be closed.

They thought, oh well, sounds goofy, but we won’t be late. Fabulous Gala, then after a while the helicopter comes in. Yep, Elton John does birthday parties! You got the ca$h, he does the show! 

He played Rush Limbaugh's  wedding for about $1 Million. Money talks for sure. 

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He played Rush Limbaugh's  wedding for about $1 Million. Money talks for sure. 

That's chump change. The Stones 3 years ago played a private party for everyones nemesis Robert Kraft.

70 minutes for a a cool 6 million. around 300'people in attendence. No,Brady was not there probably went past his bedtime.  

They played in a big tent.

Although I would do a gig for 1M. 

EC19-Official-Admat-1.jpg

Debating it's worth. Camping is the ideal option. Let's see prices. If it's as expensive bas rebellion than maybe not. 

It's running 24/7 this year supposedly and not confined to just an 12am shut down. 

I got ***** lit last year and evidently slept for an hour ?? then taught an entire EMS crew how to align spines.

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

EC19-Official-Admat-1.jpg

Debating it's worth. Camping is the ideal option. Let's see prices. If it's as expensive bas rebellion than maybe not. 

It's running 24/7 this year supposedly and not confined to just an 12am shut down. 

I got ***** lit last year and evidently slept for an hour ?? then taught an entire EMS crew how to align spines.

Day 1:  Nothing I'd pay for.

Day 2:  Cult, Tool, Bush, Black Label Society would all be excellent.

Day 3:  Foo Fighters, Bring Me the Horizon (their old stuff is super heavy/very good; new stuff is autotune crap), Live and Tom Morello would all be fantastic.

Has anybody seen Queen + Adam Lambert? Trying to figure out if they're worth seeing. Brian May is obviously incredible. Adam Lambert definitely seems to have the vocal chops from the videos I've seen. He doesn't try to replicate Freddie, but still does the songs justice. From what I've seen his stage prescence isn't much, but that might just be the few videos I've seen, or the fact that I'm comparing him to the greatest front man in history. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't bring myself to get into them, without Freddy, it's worthless, which I realize may be uber hyper critical given my penchant for Dead & Company, but I also have a big problem with the whole american idol et al singers....a bunch of overly produced singers with no soul or heart in their voice.  I am going to remain steadfastly pigheaded on queen with adam lambert.  JUST SAY NO!!!!

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Has anybody seen Queen + Adam Lambert? Trying to figure out if they're worth seeing. Brian May is obviously incredible. Adam Lambert definitely seems to have the vocal chops from the videos I've seen. He doesn't try to replicate Freddie, but still does the songs justice. From what I've seen his stage prescence isn't much, but that might just be the few videos I've seen, or the fact that I'm comparing him to the greatest front man in history. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

5 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I can't bring myself to get into them, without Freddy, it's worthless, which I realize may be uber hyper critical given my penchant for Dead & Company, but I also have a big problem with the whole american idol et al singers....a bunch of overly produced singers with no soul or heart in their voice.  I am going to remain steadfastly pigheaded on queen with adam lambert.  JUST SAY NO!!!!

Having been lucky enough to have seen Queen (9/23/80), I can say that I have no desire to see them without Freddie Mercury. I certainly wouldn't pay a lot of money to see them.  But if was affordable, I'd likely go to check it out.

"Greatest front man in history," is an interesting label.  Would make for a good thread.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Day 1:  Nothing I'd pay for.

Day 2:  Cult, Tool, Bush, Black Label Society would all be excellent.

Day 3:  Foo Fighters, Bring Me the Horizon (their old stuff is super heavy/very good; new stuff is autotune crap), Live and Tom Morello would all be fantastic.

If you're ever down to come you know you got a place to stay.

Last year was perhaps the best lineup ever. Several bands I thought would be dull were amazing. Shinedown and Muse were incredible live.  Billy idol was not a disappointment. QOTSA was perhaps the best 

admat_final.jpg

I'm going to see Pop Evil and Between the Buried and me next month.  My girlfriend was good friends with them a while and our mutual friend played for them until he went to Med School. Helped on the album that blew up but left before getting that taste.  They maybe too hard rock for some

I saw them as well either on that tour or the one before, but i had to qualify my answer with Dead & Company because I'd also seen Grateful Dead with Jerry and I know it makes me sound like a hypocrite, but I'm ok with that :-)

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Having been lucky enough to have seen Queen (9/23/80), I can say that I have no desire to see them without Freddie Mercury. I certainly wouldn't pay a lot of money to see them.  But if was affordable, I'd likely go to check it out.

"Greatest front man in history," is an interesting label.  Would make for a good thread.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If you're ever down to come you know you got a place to stay.

Last year was perhaps the best lineup ever. Several bands I thought would be dull were amazing. Shinedown and Muse were incredible live.  Billy idol was not a disappointment. QOTSA was perhaps the best 

admat_final.jpg

I'm going to see Pop Evil and Between the Buried and me next month.  My girlfriend was good friends with them a while and our mutual friend played for them until he went to Med School. Helped on the album that blew up but left before getting that taste.  They maybe too hard rock for some

My cousins go to this every year.  Muse is a great band; doesn't surprise me that they put on a good show.  I've seen QOTSA a couple times (one time was at a Lollapalooza with Incubus.  Incubus was awesome); they are fantastic live.

It's weird seeing Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots on there.

I've seen Bullet for my Valentine - they were good.  The Struts have a great sound - I wouldn't mind seeing them.  The Halestorm chick is hot.  They do a nice cover of "Still of the Night."

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I saw them as well either on that tour or the one before, but i had to qualify my answer with Dead & Company because I'd also seen Grateful Dead with Jerry and I know it makes me sound like a hypocrite, but I'm ok with that :-)

One of my closest friends is a Dead Head and he loves Dead & Co., too.

• Like (+1) 1